~~November Sparklers 2010 Official 3rd Tri Thread~(40 Baby Girls & 43 Baby Boys Born)

Good luck to all the ladies in labour. And congrats to all the new borns!

Seen midwife today and had a sweep, had few twinges but nothing major, however she swears by drinking a litre of bitter lemon and litre of tonic water. And a pineapple core every other day. Baby as had little movement over weekend so I am being induced tomorrow!!!!!!

Very excited as cervix fully effaced and soft I am 1cm but was 1cm at 32 weeks!! So when induced she said they will just break my waters rather than gel so heres hoping by the end of tomorrow i'll be holding my little boy!

I have cramps and lower back ache., hurts my legs to but I am not getting excited. I want my food before i go into labour or I shall not be happy.

I have cramps and lower back ache., hurts my legs to but I am not getting excited. I want my food before i go into labour or I shall not be happy.

i've got the same. had this last week and had a few contractions only for it to stop :coffee:

i've got the same. had this last week and had a few contractions only for it to stop :coffee:

I have nothing. Occasionally I'll get a period achy type cramp and get excited but then I fart and realise it was just wind *sigh*

I have nothing. Occasionally I'll get a period achy type cramp and get excited but then I fart and realise it was just wind *sigh*

heh aww. well, i think it was this time last week i was getting really achey pains in my back which worked their way round to the front and lasted around a minute - apparently that sounds like back labour which isn't all that great i don't think but apparently shorter bodied woman are prone to it? :shurg: i dunno. hope you get some signs soon and not just more wind :haha:

congrats on all the new babies, and good luck to all you ladies in labor!

Seeing the pictures of all the new babies, and hearing about all these ladies going into labor is making me want my Jaxon out now! Who knows what will happen on Friday when I have the growth scan, MW seems to think he'll be a big boy. (I also have this nagging feeling he wants to induce me so I dont go into labor on Thanksgiving day....).

Congrats everyone who had had there baby or is in labor!! LUCKY haha

AFM- appointment this Wednesday and than if hes not here by than a week from Wednesday on the 17th i will be induced at 6am come on these 9 days need to FLY!!

=) haha labor dust to all

Hi all you Sparklers! Congratulations on all those lovely babies born so far.

I had my baby on Friday at 38 wks +2 days. Isabella Rose, born at 4.45pm 5th Nov, weighing a rather chunky 9lbs 10oz.

Had a fab waterbirth, heres a quick birth story:

Woke up at 6.30 with a funny sensation down below, waters gushed everywhere as I went to sit up. Went into the clinic to be checked out at 10 am - was no doubt it was my waters as they leaked all over the bed as I got up to be examined. Was 2-3 cms, but not having any contractions yet - they sent me home to see if anything would start if not I was to go in to the hops the next day to be monitored.

Contractions started around 1.30, went in about 3 pm as they were very painful and now about every 5 mins. Was examined and told I was still 3cms, but could get in the pool.
They picked up pretty quickly so I was puffing on the gas and air for all I was worth. Felt like I needed to push by about 4.30. She was born in the water at 4.45 pm.

Just had a small tear that didn't need stitches. Fantastic!

congratualtions xxxx

Good luck to all the ladies in labour. And congrats to all the new borns!

Seen midwife today and had a sweep, had few twinges but nothing major, however she swears by drinking a litre of bitter lemon and litre of tonic water. And a pineapple core every other day. Baby as had little movement over weekend so I am being induced tomorrow!!!!!!

Very excited as cervix fully effaced and soft I am 1cm but was 1cm at 32 weeks!! So when induced she said they will just break my waters rather than gel so heres hoping by the end of tomorrow i'll be holding my little boy!

:happydance: FOR TOMOZ XXXX

lol im jus the same i want a nice stocked cupborad xx

snap!!! im very windy lol xxx

Congrats everyone who had had there baby or is in labor!! LUCKY haha

AFM- appointment this Wednesday and than if hes not here by than a week from Wednesday on the 17th i will be induced at 6am come on these 9 days need to FLY!!

=) haha labor dust to all

All the best and hopefully it may happen before then xxx

I soo don't have enough time anymore! :lol:
Congratulations to the new Mummy's and good luck to those with signs of labour!

Just thought I'd add my birth story here and some pictures of Kai :)

First off, I'm a bit hazy on some details so my OH has had to fill in the blanks!

Went in for planned induction on Wednesday 3rd November at 07:30am.
Was hooked up to monitor to check baby was ok.
Gel pessary was given around 10am and was let out to walk around for an hour.
Went back in and was hooked up to monitor again.
About an hour later, contractions were showing on monitor but I wasn't feeling them...lucky me! :lol:
They kept telling me that baby probably wouldn't be born until the next day so I prepared myself for that.
Went for another walk around and when I got back they checked my cervix.....painful!!!

I was now 3cm dilated...they were pretty amazed, as was I :lol:
MW said they'd now try to break my waters...she tried but couldn't do it so got someone else in. She was rough but it worked!

Almost straight away I was getting painful contractions so they moved me from the induction room to my labour room.
I was then given an IV for insulin and something else (can't remember!).

By this point (around 3pm) the contractions were really strong but I was coping ok with no pain relief.
I gave the MW my birth plan and we discussed pain relief options for later, blood sugar checking and other things.

Contractions were really hitting hard now so I asked for Gas and Air.....OMG, it was wonderful!!!! It didn't take away the pain but it made me feel drunk and although I knew I was in pain, it didn't hurt as much. Weird feeling and hard to describe but I definitely recommend it!

They then did another internal examination at around 5.30pm and discovered I was 8cm dilated!!! I was shocked but happy as it seemed my baby would be here soon!

I was in real pain now but trying to breathe through it and using the gas and air when needed. The contractions were very strong but not long enough yet so they hooked me up to another monitor (don't know what or why!)

I was then ready to push at around 5.30pm and things got really painful and I asked for an epidural. They told me that I didn't need it yet but they would tell me when I could have it.

6pm: My contractions were really strong but not long enough for me to be able to get baby out so it was decided to put me on a hormone drip (Oxytocin?). Baby kept slipping backwards so without the drip, I'd be there trying to get him out forever!

I was pretty spaced out by pain now so don't remember much but there were 4 Doctors trying to set up the canula (my veins are rubbish!). Finally it was in and the contractions were coming much better so I was able to really push properly.

They then took away the gas and air! I was pleading for pain relief but they just kept telling me that baby would be here soon so I couldn't have an epidural.

I was pushing with no pain relief for just over 2 hours.

All in all, it was a good labour. But the no pain relief while pushing still haunts me now! I only swore once though :lol: They kept telling me to stop looking at the clock....everytime one of them told me he'd be out in a minute, I got a bit teary as I was in so much pain and just wanted him out!

The rest of the time I was concentrating so hard on getting baby out I didn't notice there were 6 MWs in the room. Apparently they were worried baby was getting stuck....but a few final pushes and he was out!

Baby Kai was born at 10:19pm, weighing 7lb 1oz, healthy and gorgeous! I breastfed him within 10 minutes and his blood sugar was tested (as I had Gestational Diabetes).

I had the injection for delivering the placenta....the relief once that came out was amazing!

I was told I'd been torn but didn't want stitches. It's only after that they told me I have multiple tears and they'll take a long time to heal!

All my pregnancy problems have now gone.....GD, OC, SPD....it feels sooo good to be able to walk around like a normal person, eat what I want (within reason) and to have a healthy, happy baby!

Here are a couple of pictures:

Attachments

• Newborn.jpg
    Newborn.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 4
  • new.jpg
    new.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 2010-11-06 00.43.03.jpg
    2010-11-06 00.43.03.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 4
Awew so cute! every time I come back here there seems to be another one born! it makes me more excited than scared when I see this though.

awww wow he is gorgeous Pixelle!! soo much hair too! u musta had bad heartburn??

GL Weezy :thumbup:

AFM - Just come on quickly too say not much too report :( things have slowed right down - on maybe 3 contractions an hr :( bit gutted as really thought this was it!! :(

Lol xx

Hi all you Sparklers! Congratulations on all those lovely babies born so far.

I had my baby on Friday at 38 wks +2 days. Isabella Rose, born at 4.45pm 5th Nov, weighing a rather chunky 9lbs 10oz.

Had a fab waterbirth, heres a quick birth story:

Woke up at 6.30 with a funny sensation down below, waters gushed everywhere as I went to sit up. Went into the clinic to be checked out at 10 am - was no doubt it was my waters as they leaked all over the bed as I got up to be examined. Was 2-3 cms, but not having any contractions yet - they sent me home to see if anything would start if not I was to go in to the hops the next day to be monitored.

Contractions started around 1.30, went in about 3 pm as they were very painful and now about every 5 mins. Was examined and told I was still 3cms, but could get in the pool.
They picked up pretty quickly so I was puffing on the gas and air for all I was worth. Felt like I needed to push by about 4.30. She was born in the water at 4.45 pm.

Just had a small tear that didn't need stitches. Fantastic!

Congratulations !!!!!!!! That sounds so quick and wonderful!! xx

aw congrats pixelle he's so cute ^___^ thanks for your birth story too :D

Congrats Linds!!! :hugs:

Pixelle he is just such a cutie Pie!! :kiss:

I see Silas love had her baby to! all looking well. Please dont let me be left behind this happened last time on me :( only I know there are some due after me so that cant happen, well the way things are going here!

I see Silas love had her baby to! all looking well. Please dont let me be left behind this happened last time on me :( only I know there are some due after me so that cant happen, well the way things are going here!

With my history, I will be the last one:)))x

well im now 2 days over due. but lil miss should be here soon, just had stretch and sweep im 2cm's dialated and contractions are getting stronger and longer, water membranes are at bursting point midwife said, so looks like things are definately moving along :happydance: xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->