~~November Sparklers 2010 Official 3rd Tri Thread~(40 Baby Girls & 43 Baby Boys Born)

I see Silas love had her baby to! all looking well. Please dont let me be left behind this happened last time on me :( only I know there are some due after me so that cant happen, well the way things are going here!

don't worry - i'm still here too. i think this one isn't wanting to come out :dohh:

I'm here...
Nice on Shy-hope she comes soon :)
Kai is just so so so sweet and cute..
CONGRATS SILAS
x

Congrats Silas!!! :hugs:

GL Shy!!! :hugs:

I'm here at the doctor now literally on the exam table half naked freezing my butt off waiting for Dr. Takesforever and all they gave me to cover up with is a small sheet that barely fits across my lap!! :growlmad: Hurry up please!! I'm ccccoooolllldddd!!! Lol

HAHAHAHA, cant believe you are on bnb WHILST on the inspection table-now that's commitment April hahahahahaha

Pixelle - he is just gorgeous and well done you on your birth story... 2 hours pushing with no pain relief.. No wonder it's haunting! Really well done, that's a hell of an achievement.. apart from the baby of course :thumbup: :lol:

Hope you're all settling in well and everything :hugs:

yey for Silas! :happydance:

GL Nina!!

:hugs: too all - from the seriously annoyed slow labouring Lauren! :grr:

Lol xx

HAHAHAHA, cant believe you are on bnb WHILST on the inspection table-now that's commitment April hahahahahaha

:lol: I had nothing else to do but wait so I thought "What a better way to spend my time!" :thumbup: :lol:

I am now dilated 1 1/2 cm! :happydance: That is a 1/2 cm each week now! :thumbup: Hopefully she will stay put until My mom and dad get here on 11/20! :D

The vomiting and diarrhea I had the doctor said was just a virus. Yes, Mark and Jace had it too but I had it worse because I am preggo. I lost a few lbs. :thumbup: & I am losing a lot more of my MP today! :D

I soo don't have enough time anymore! :lol:
Congratulations to the new Mummy's and good luck to those with signs of labour!

Just thought I'd add my birth story here and some pictures of Kai :)

First off, I'm a bit hazy on some details so my OH has had to fill in the blanks!

Went in for planned induction on Wednesday 3rd November at 07:30am.
Was hooked up to monitor to check baby was ok.
Gel pessary was given around 10am and was let out to walk around for an hour.
Went back in and was hooked up to monitor again.
About an hour later, contractions were showing on monitor but I wasn't feeling them...lucky me! :lol:
They kept telling me that baby probably wouldn't be born until the next day so I prepared myself for that.
Went for another walk around and when I got back they checked my cervix.....painful!!!

I was now 3cm dilated...they were pretty amazed, as was I :lol:
MW said they'd now try to break my waters...she tried but couldn't do it so got someone else in. She was rough but it worked!

Almost straight away I was getting painful contractions so they moved me from the induction room to my labour room.
I was then given an IV for insulin and something else (can't remember!).

By this point (around 3pm) the contractions were really strong but I was coping ok with no pain relief.
I gave the MW my birth plan and we discussed pain relief options for later, blood sugar checking and other things.

Contractions were really hitting hard now so I asked for Gas and Air.....OMG, it was wonderful!!!! It didn't take away the pain but it made me feel drunk and although I knew I was in pain, it didn't hurt as much. Weird feeling and hard to describe but I definitely recommend it!

They then did another internal examination at around 5.30pm and discovered I was 8cm dilated!!! I was shocked but happy as it seemed my baby would be here soon!

I was in real pain now but trying to breathe through it and using the gas and air when needed. The contractions were very strong but not long enough yet so they hooked me up to another monitor (don't know what or why!)

I was then ready to push at around 5.30pm and things got really painful and I asked for an epidural. They told me that I didn't need it yet but they would tell me when I could have it.

6pm: My contractions were really strong but not long enough for me to be able to get baby out so it was decided to put me on a hormone drip (Oxytocin?). Baby kept slipping backwards so without the drip, I'd be there trying to get him out forever!

I was pretty spaced out by pain now so don't remember much but there were 4 Doctors trying to set up the canula (my veins are rubbish!). Finally it was in and the contractions were coming much better so I was able to really push properly.

They then took away the gas and air! I was pleading for pain relief but they just kept telling me that baby would be here soon so I couldn't have an epidural.

I was pushing with no pain relief for just over 2 hours.

All in all, it was a good labour. But the no pain relief while pushing still haunts me now! I only swore once though :lol: They kept telling me to stop looking at the clock....everytime one of them told me he'd be out in a minute, I got a bit teary as I was in so much pain and just wanted him out!

The rest of the time I was concentrating so hard on getting baby out I didn't notice there were 6 MWs in the room. Apparently they were worried baby was getting stuck....but a few final pushes and he was out!

Baby Kai was born at 10:19pm, weighing 7lb 1oz, healthy and gorgeous! I breastfed him within 10 minutes and his blood sugar was tested (as I had Gestational Diabetes).

I had the injection for delivering the placenta....the relief once that came out was amazing!

I was told I'd been torn but didn't want stitches. It's only after that they told me I have multiple tears and they'll take a long time to heal!

All my pregnancy problems have now gone.....GD, OC, SPD....it feels sooo good to be able to walk around like a normal person, eat what I want (within reason) and to have a healthy, happy baby!

Here are a couple of pictures:

Gorgeous pics, congrats xx

awww wow he is gorgeous Pixelle!! soo much hair too! u musta had bad heartburn??

GL Weezy :thumbup:

AFM - Just come on quickly too say not much too report :( things have slowed right down - on maybe 3 contractions an hr :( bit gutted as really thought this was it!! :(

Lol xx

Hopefully its a sign thats things are happening xx

I see Silas love had her baby to! all looking well. Please dont let me be left behind this happened last time on me :( only I know there are some due after me so that cant happen, well the way things are going here!

Its ok ill be here after you lol xx

well im now 2 days over due. but lil miss should be here soon, just had stretch and sweep im 2cm's dialated and contractions are getting stronger and longer, water membranes are at bursting point midwife said, so looks like things are definately moving along :happydance: xXx

Yayyyyyy so excitin xx

Congrats Silas!!! :hugs:

GL Shy!!! :hugs:

I'm here at the doctor now literally on the exam table half naked freezing my butt off waiting for Dr. Takesforever and all they gave me to cover up with is a small sheet that barely fits across my lap!! :growlmad: Hurry up please!! I'm ccccoooolllldddd!!! Lol

Lol they need to invest in bigger blankets xx

:lol: I had nothing else to do but wait so I thought "What a better way to spend my time!" :thumbup: :lol:

I am now dilated 1 1/2 cm! :happydance: That is a 1/2 cm each week now! :thumbup: Hopefully she will stay put until My mom and dad get here on 11/20! :D

The vomiting and diarrhea I had the doctor said was just a virus. Yes, Mark and Jace had it too but I had it worse because I am preggo. I lost a few lbs. :thumbup: & I am losing a lot more of my MP today! :D

Fingers x not long now xxxx

April :rofl: at posting from the exam table :D I always got given a big sheet to put over me. Wither way it isn't very dignified!! Hope you are over your D&V now hun :hugs:

Lol, maybe I was wrong about you being in proper labour by the time Corrie is on. Maybe I jinxed it :shrug: Time for me to shut my big mouth :haha:

Chella, hope you are ok hun, haven't had too much time to chat to you lately as things have been CRAZY BUSY. Should be down soon maybe meet up for coffee although you'll have had lo and won't wanna go out :haha:

I haven't spoken to hinkybinky for a few days, she was fine, but I txt her earlier as she was due Saturday but haven't had a reply. I'll update when I hear from her :)

Linds79 - congrats and what a fab labour that sounded even though had had no pain relief, GO YOU!! That is amazing :)

Me and Evan survived our first day at home together alone - not that we really did anything :haha:

Love to all and lots of :dust: to yhose due now xxxx

eek...i just lost my plug. am i supposed to do anything?
what is the plug for anyways??

Its the bit before the show and water. Can come away weeks before hand but then it can hours of days. Hard to tell. Any other symptoms?

Was it just plain thick jelly or was it bloody?

The plug is there to protect the opening to your cervix against infection.

If it is just your plug (so like a snotty jelly discharge) then you do nothing as this can happen before labour. If it is bloody then that is your show which happens just before labour and again you can just wait, or call your labour ward for advice.

If you start to bleed call labour ward asap.

:hugs:

weeell i was in hospital last night/early this morning because i woke up bleeding and was told that was because of sex :blush: so this plug/show thing did have a bit of brown blood in it but that could just be old blood from this morning right?

Hinkybinky had a boy at around 2pm this afternoon :happydance:

Super quick labour by all accounts. Will update more when I know :)

weeell i was in hospital last night/early this morning because i woke up bleeding and was told that was because of sex :blush: so this plug/show thing did have a bit of brown blood in it but that could just be old blood from this morning right?

Which hospital was this at?

xx

CONGRATS HINKY... OMG these babies are coming thick and fast now.. Did she give birth at Crowborough? So awesome!!!!

MM2B, maybe just ring them up and see what they say?

I want a show or a cramp or a twinge or a gush of water down my legs or to wake up holding our baby.. GOSH

Yay for hinky :happydance: ah these sparklers just keep on coming... I want my little sparkler *stomps feet*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->