~~November Sparklers 2010 Official 3rd Tri Thread~(40 Baby Girls & 43 Baby Boys Born)

Morning all :hi:

Thanks for all the lovely congratulations and best wishes :flower: I just love love LOVE being a mummy to Georgie and can't wait to when all the little sparklers have been born!

Lol, bless you, I do hope your contractions become more constructive. Being in limbo must be no fun :hugs:

Kelly, I have EVERYTHING crossed that baby decides to come soon. Its hard enough waiting at the end anyway without the added complications that you have on the go with moving home. Keep your chin up babes x

Betheney, just keep on thinking that there is an end to your spd in sight hun.

Good luck eskimobaby and shyfox! :happydance:

DF, it sounds like you had an awful experience of being induced last time but they don't always end up that way so even if you do end up facing that again, try and remain positive. Although I am sure I have heard that if you have had a section previously you shouldn't be induced? Could be wrong though. Also, :hugs: for your ongoing family troubles.

Shan, congratulations on the arrival of baby Elleah.

Pichi, hope things soon start moving for you too hun x

April, thinking about you too honey :hug:and when you get a sec if you could change Georgie's birth date and weight on the front page that would be fabby :flower:

That was one of the downsides of neither of us being there (or awake in my case) when he was delivered, it took ages for us to get his exact birth time/weight and so on and there are still a few things we hope to find out.

To all those facing or worried about induction, as I said above, they can be really positive experiences. I was induced last Wednesday night with gel, which gave me mild but steady enough contractions to get me to 3cm dilated he next day, which was enough to break my waters. My hospital was fab and said that as long as I agreed to be continuously monitored with their mobile waterproof monitor, I could still go in the pool as long as my contractions became steady and I didn't need a drip. I remained upright until the very end to encourage them to keep coming and at one stage I was stood there in front of a full pool in my bikini just waiting to get in, but alas things started going a bit wrong and I never did get in, but that was not related to the induction and would/could have happened anyway.

Edited to add: it was morning when I started writing this, my little milk monster is keeping my hands full!

hello ladies

just a quickie from me - no real change - hospital won't see me till im having 3 every 10 mins - and they are currently 10 mins apart!!! :( very very intense though - gonna go for a walk too see if that helps - I wish myself luck!

GL too shyfox/nina also!!

labour :dust: all around

and great too hear from both coco and silas :thumbup: congrats again both!!

Lol xx

Cocoa they induce if you 11 days over here they do not let you go any further and c sections are more likely with inductions plus William was postier. and no matter what i will worry as i only have my past bad experience of induction to go on, and apparently some arshole on facebook says i shouldnt be worried about my broken washing machine i am having a baby next week"! men know nothing do they? assume i am not worried about that but more about washing machine! no the washing machine is an added worry as ity makes life very difficult with children without one! some peoples arsey comments to me this past few days either on facebook or to my face really need to stop or i think i will flip, i have some time with hormones excuses left to use and think i will use them!

as if i am not stressed enough without hearing them also! thank god for you lot here i can only vent here as my dads on facebook and the ones that make arsey comments.

A washing machine and dryer, were a must have for me. I insisted on moving into an apartment that had hookups and buying a set. I won. OH doesnt think they were a must have yet, but he'll figure it out once baby arrives and we are doing a ton of laundry. hehe.

Good luck LOL

Washing machine is never off here! and it was on more when william was born with grows etc same as it will be this time. Lucky its the landlords so he will be called to fix it its just sometimes he dosnt do things right away and I dont need this wait right now. I need to smell clean laundry to so you can imagine my dispare at a drawer full of washing stuff and a drum full of water that wont drain :(

Thanks Jo

i typed such a long messgae earlier but it didnt post for some reason so i went to bed haha..

Congrats again Silas :)

Lol, what do these pains feel like (asks the lady who has already given birth but still has no clue)..

DF.. Hugs to you xxxx

Girls, what should I do? Do you think I should ask to be induced this weekend? I know it it totally NOT what i want but will make life alot easier if baby comes sooner rather than later and as much as it was a terrible experience last time, whats the point of waiting when baby might just be 2 weeks over again and then ill have to be induced next weekned anyways (and this little one is not getting any smaller in there)..
Sigh, I just dont know what to do-almost feel like I am letting people down. Tickets are costing 500 quid to change and we did always know it might happen and its not the end of the world as Warren gets paid hourly as a contract accountant so its more money in the end anyways but still, it's like I have taken the excitememnt out of everything by not having this baby yet.. I am so hormonal.. And my mom is meant to fly back to sa on monday-she has been here for a month to help with babba.. Just not sure what to do. i so want a waterbirth and I soooo wanted to just go into labour naturally :-(
Jo, were you dilated at all before you got the gel?

Sorry for the me me me post, any input woould be wonderful since 2 sweeps later and trying every old wives tale in the book as left me no closer to meeting our sweet baby..

xxx

Dont be worried about letting anyone down this is not like its in your control and wouldnt have anyone blame you on it. baby comes when its ready only I do hope its before induction also. I know how you feel last time from my self its the most frustrating thing ever and then having to be induced after all that. Fingers crossed for you to go into natural labour soon!

kelly i would say that you shouldn't worry about letting other people down. worry more about your little baby and how you'd like them to make their appearance... if an induction really isn't what you want then hold out. i know thats easier said than done but at the end of the day it's whats most important :)

you may end up getting induced at the end of the day but would you feel better for waiting and holding out for that little chance you may have of having a water birth?

Thanks ladies.. Valid points.. Dont get me wrong, nobody is making me feel like I am letting them down-thats just me haha, prob hormone overload..
Have only felt lo move once today so think we going to go to labour ward later anyway and see if he/she is ok and maybe see what they say while we are there..
xxx

Thanks ladies.. Valid points.. Dont get me wrong, nobody is making me feel like I am letting them down-thats just me haha, prob hormone overload..
Have only felt lo move once today so think we going to go to labour ward later anyway and see if he/she is ok and maybe see what they say while we are there..
xxx

i was made to feel like it was my fault when I went over due last time, so many texts making me feel like I was doing it on purpose asking me what the hell was I at and my family getting all upset and up about it. Was not nice at all I can still feel the anger from it would you believe and look how long that was ago. coming up to me jibbing at me "what are you at girl are you going to let ius see this baby and why havnt you given birth yet" still makes me mad.

Well as i said only got one text so far from Darrens sis and she was just asking so I am ok with that as no one else has, they must have learned from last time .

on a shitty note all my knickers and trousers are trapped in the washing machine in dirty water and i am not sitting in darrens track suit bottoms and william is on his last set of pjs! i was building up my washing in there just happened to be all my clothes mostly that are trapped in there. And I havnt seen landlord today unless he fell off the roof somewhere last night :wacko:

I bet i go into labour with no clothes! and come back and it still not be fixed and have a massive pile up and no washing! thats all I need. these things pick great times to happen on. Last time william was a week old and the tumble dryer blew up and it was mine but i had money for a new one, so i was lucky then.

Got it fixed fr you Coco! :hugs:

Kelly, did you ask your MW about an induction?

April, you were in my post which didnt work and now i remember, i said better you dont have your baby today when everyone else is because you want to be the centre of attntion when your beauty arrives hee hee :)
Have not spoken to her but I will be 41 weeks on Fri so I am pretty sure they will induce me.. HOPING the gel will work alone this time (didnt with ash and needed the oxytocin drip) and that way I can probs still have waterbirth like coco said :)

Or, if i go in tonight-maybe they will just induce me then.. it's not like i have a small baby in here *taps massively huge tummy*

otherwise I have 3RD sweep tomorrow but we know thats not going to work hahaha

Oh and sorry about your clothes DF-damn chick you have bad luck! Sending 'clothes escape' vibes to you, hopefully the lanlord will sort it out soon?!

April, you were in my post which didnt work and now i remember, i said better you dont have your baby today when everyone else is because you want to be the centre of attntion when your beauty arrives hee hee :)
Have not spoken to her but I will be 41 weeks on Fri so I am pretty sure they will induce me.. HOPING the gel will work alone this time (didnt with ash and needed the oxytocin drip) and that way I can probs still have waterbirth like coco said :)

Or, if i go in tonight-maybe they will just induce me then.. it's not like i have a small baby in here *taps massively huge tummy*

Thanks! So true!!! :lol: I am so miserable & also getting so jealous and impatient that I am thinking about just going ahead and asking for an induction on the 22nd! :haha: My parents will be here that week and I need her to be born while they are here! I will be 39 Weeks then! I was 39 weeks when induced with Jace too!

That is crazy that the 2nd sweep did not work either! :( I'm sorry! I am thinking about going and finishing that pineapple off I have in the fridge!!! :lol: Not that it will work either! :roll: :hugs:

What did your sweep feel like.. i went to my doctor today she had no openings had to see a mw and when she was doing my internal she checked my cervix said its a one.. took her hand out than went back in a checked again but it felt like she was scratching and putting her finger in a circle a few times.. i never asked for a sweep but i hear thats what it is took about 10 seconds and was uncomfortable.. wondering if she did this without telling me as i have been having period cramps since =/ i have an induction next wed at 6am..

anyone else had a sweep that sounds similar??

I have never had a sweep and was wondering to. I dont like them sticking things up me as last time I was sore after an examination. Felt horrible and all :( trying to avoid that at all costs this time . Sounds stupid I know staying I will be in labour and have things coming out but its different people sticking things and hands up you like some cow at the vets.

William keeps screaming and its doing my head in. Not crying scream just screaming at everything! friend says thats them learning how to talk they do that but our heads are wreaked here! trying to remain calm but its not easy.

Hi everyone!
Sorry I haven't had a chance to fully catch up-just got home but we're doing really well. Still getting the hang of breastfeeding but lots of wet/dirty nappies. Will post pics and birth story soon once I've had a bit of sleep!
Good luck to all the mummies still waiting and can't wait to see all the gorgeous Sparkler babies!

Sounds like a sweep to me Marine wife-maybe it will get things started as I know it does work for alot of people :)

kinda exciting if she did and it works LOL.. was def not a normal cervix check as you dont scratch and rotate your finger in a circle LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->