~~November Sparklers 2010 Official 3rd Tri Thread~(40 Baby Girls & 43 Baby Boys Born)

Did it hurt marinewife?? The scratching sounds dreadfully painful!!!!

Posted my birth story...it is long! Like my labour....:haha:

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-stories-announcements/458656-flynn-november-6th-my-birth-story-long.html

What a lurvely birth story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you know if you were at all dilated before you went into labour? How much did you bounce on your ball lol?? I spend all day on my ball and have done since 37 weeks!

I bounced on that dam ball from 34 weeks up last pregnancy, I drank Raspberry leaf tea from 34 weeks, I walked, I had sex, I ate pineapples and then curry I stood under full moons etc nothing! I wasnt impressed past my due date at all from all that. I do think they come when they will the hospitals cant give a proper date anyway its only estimate. Image what they done before scans, woman just waited. But they didnt know what over due was.

Getting loads of movements here as usurer. Making my toes curl as some hurt. Maybe baby moving down or something.

Congrats to all the new mums and dads!

Thanks to Chella and Kelly for updating for me.

Not too long birth story:-

As you know went for a sweep monday and induction booked for tuesday. Thought sweep hadn't worked.

Arrived at hospital 8am Tuesday morning was seen at 9 and monitored, baby heart rate was going too low so was kept on monitor until 11am to see if c section, gel or just break waters.

At 11.10 was seen by a dr who was happy with heart rate and after an internal said I was 3cm so sweep had obviously done something as was 1 cm the day before!! He broke my waters. And I was moved to delivery room about 11.15am.

Contractions started really quickly and midwife elft saying just buzz if you need me. By 11.40 i wanted to push so buzzed she came did exam and I was 7cm.

Then needed to push 6 pushes and Leo was born at 12.28pm. He weighs 8IB 11oz. and is gorgeous.He was also back to back.

We got home today after a mix up yesterday but we are well, Leo is bruised on his face and has burst blood vessels all over his face due to the quick delivery but he is ok. I am sore and feel like done 10 rounds with Mike tyson!! I would post pictures but I don't know how to.

Thanks for all your support over last few months and i'll see you all in the parenting thread very soon.

hows everyone doing ? too much for me to catch up on, im still here and still preggy lol xxx

What a lurvely birth story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you know if you were at all dilated before you went into labour? How much did you bounce on your ball lol?? I spend all day on my ball and have done since 37 weeks!

I dont think I was dilated at all. My doctor never said anything during my checkups. I basically lived on the ball from 37 weeks forward. It was only way I was comfortable. The days leading up to Flynns birth I did a movie marathon and sat on the ball to kill time. I dont know if it really did anything but I would still recommend ball time to anyone who is pregnant.

Ah Kelly, bless you. I do feel for you and totally understand you not wanting to endure another induction if you had such a horrid experience last time. What (if you don't mind me asking) made it so bad for you?

I didn't want an induction either as I was worried it would lead to further intervention and even though I did end up having a section, I really do believe that would have happened anyway.

When they checked me before they gave me the gel, they found I was only 1cm dilated and my cervix was long, so I was worried it would be a long drawn out affair especially when I heard that others who were in for inductions were found to be 3cm and could skip the gel and go straight to having their waters broken. I had a sweep at the same time as the gel was inserted.

Is there anyone you could go and see to discuss your options with? Maybe have an examination and see what the outcome of that is before you decide one way or the other? If things were already looking more favourable it may not take much to start you off!

It is also worth chatting about what your hospitals policy on inductions is and what they will or will not allow you to do. Mine were happy to allow me in the pool as long as I needed no more than gel and ARM (although as you know, I still didn't get in it in the end) and its worth bearing in mind that the NICE guidelines on inductions actually state that you should be given the chance to labour in water as long as certain criteria have been met. Its worth a read.

I will keep everything crossed that things start to happen soon honey xx

Thanks for updating me April :flower:

MW, that is what my sweep felt like!

Congrats again weezyweu and thanks for sharing your birth story x

AFM: Just having a little feed and we are going off to bed, whether or not we will get any sleep is up to Georgie :)

So i am having horrid period cramping and im nauseous and shaky maybe this is the start of something??

Congrats Marie & Weezy!! :hugs: I'll update tomorrow when on my laptop.

My pleasure Coco! :hugs:

GL Marinewife!!! :hugs:

So at 38+5 my anti-natal clinic ate shutting down for 3 weeks for the obstetricians holidays!!! how horribly inconvenient! So my next appt is at 39+6 and I have to go to the birthing suite of my local hospital, internals aren't usually done till your over due but do you think if I asked for a sweep they'd give me one? Surely they wouldn't mind.

Betheney, why the hell do they shut down for 3weeks!? Can't the take turns going on vacation!!!??? I'd ask for a sweep! :kiss:

AFM, been having lots of BH and cramps and vomiting again today! Also, is it normal to feel like your vaganga is about to drop outta ya!? I feel like I have to pooh but cannot! So much pressure! Losing lots more of My MP tooday too!! Come on Bryelle! Move out already! We are ready for you and I need my body back! :lol:

I was kept awake from 4am by some banging noise upstairs. Dont know what it was but it freaked me out as it seems to move about and theres no one up there,. So I lay there listening, you cant not ignore it like ! freaky. Probably the wind against some door somewhere as it stopped at about 4.30am but i still was awake! now up as darren has hospital app today an i hope william will come back to bed with me soon.

Good morning girlies. Well my long walk and bouncing around playing kinect last night obviously wasn't enough to persuade this little madame to get her wiggle on... Have a midwife appt today so I will ask for a sweep and see what's the story :)

40+1 , ah I was hoping she'd take after my timekeeping not her dads haha

Hope everyone is well :flower:

over due then, but baby dosnt know that of course thats only what the hospital gave as a date. Could be a few more days they have no idea just guesses. Thats how I am looking at it anyway to try and make me feel better as i feel I to will go past their date. Least babies are well cooked now its a lot better than under cooked! . I think I will go back to bed and I hope william will come with me, I really do as I cant cope today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->