~~November Sparklers 2010 Official 3rd Tri Thread~(40 Baby Girls & 43 Baby Boys Born)

I have a mobile number for my midwife...not that I would want to contact her...she is a nasty old dragon woman :haha:

I don't mind my mw when I actually see her, but my OH doesn't like her at all and she seems really rude and abrupt with him

I have a mobile number for my midwife...not that I would want to contact her...she is a nasty old dragon woman :haha:

I don't mind my mw when I actually see her, but my OH doesn't like her at all and she seems really rude and abrupt with him

My DH detests my midwife...and I feel the same way...she is abrupt and rude, but only another 10 weeks or so of putting up with her...

And to top it all off...today my consultant requested I see her weekly :dohh: mean mean man!!

My DH detests my midwife...and I feel the same way...she is abrupt and rude, but only another 10 weeks or so of putting up with her...

And to top it all off...today my consultant requested I see her weekly :dohh: mean mean man!!

Obviously she is the one with the problem so maybe you should say something to her! Tell her how you feel. YOu can get away with it whilst your preg lol

why is she so horrid? I like my midwife and all of them I have seen :)

silaslove you sound the same as me, when i read up on it i have all the symptoms of SPD too, im seeing my midwife friday so i will ask her then!

hope u get it sorted to

xxx

silaslove you sound the same as me, when i read up on it i have all the symptoms of SPD too, im seeing my midwife friday so i will ask her then!

hope u get it sorted to

xxx

I hope you do too hon! :thumbup: :flower:

why is she so horrid? I like my midwife and all of them I have seen :)

I think it may be because I am having consultant led care too, she seems to just brush me off, I ask her a question and she answers it like I am stupid...I have never been pregnant past 29 weeks or given birth to a full term baby, so heck yeah there are things I don't know!!

The last issue with her was...at 28 weeks I have put on 8lbs throughout this pregnancy, according to her it is the end of the world as I started off overweight...so she believes I should gain NO weight...I asked her to explain how I am meant to not gain any weight at all...she dismissed it.

My friend had her when she was pregnant, and at the end of the pregnancy ended up kicking her out of her house as she was so rude to her :haha:

I would hate if I did not feel comfortable around my doctor/midwife during pregnancy. It is definitely not a time to hate the person who is providing your care, that is for sure.

Thankfully my mw if rather nice and she had never made me upset.

Well, I can be officially here now - how scary is that!!!!

Have had no call from hospital today so on their indication I am taking that to mean the GTT results are good.

Am having a 4D scan tomorrow and am uber excited - I just need to keep the patience to stay team yellow!!

I also have another question which you all may be able to help me with. I have had this odd pain in my left thigh for about 6 months now. I cant be certain I had it before I conceived but I am pretty sure I didnt. Its not constant and its hard to describe but its like a pulling, burning, pins and needles kinda pain which seems to get worse the longer I stand / walk on it. I'm pretty sure its muscular.

However, I also noticed last week when I went to scratch an itch that there is a significant patch that is kinda numb - again its hard to explain. Its not completely numb but its like when you touch your face after a filling once the anesthetic is starting to wear off - am I making any sense at all?

Anyhoo, I am at the Dr's on Monday but wondered if anyone had any thoughts?

Just thought I'd say hello to everyone. This is my first post although I've been viewing posts for a while though. Really looking forward to this last trimester and finally meeting bump although still really anxious about becoming a mummy for the first time.

Due 7th Nov. Team Yellow!

forgodssake, I kinda know the nerve pain, it goes away quickly for me though. I just have the instinct to rub it. So yeah, nerve pain.

:wave: to new members :thumbup:

25 mins til fasting! And I still have a lazy baby today :grr:

Good luck, it isn't that bad, honest :)

Midwife said today you should have 10 clear patterns of movement per day. so if it moves loads in 5 mins count that as 1 :)

I think I'm gonna have to start counting properly, I confuse myself and worry over nothing. I've had nudges today, and a couple of minutes of movement here and there.

I don't count, but he consistently moves all day way more than 10 times. If I ever don't feel movement for a while I do notice though.

Wriggler is so inconsistent he is naughty! He has a pattern for a few days then decides to change it! This baby is gonna be a pest!

All updated! :thumbup: Hi new members! :wave:

What is SPD?

Also, I saw a thread in 2nd Tri that gave me an idea. We should all compare what our Best and Worst Buys are!! Also, any tips you have to help each other out, especially for the new moms and Dads!

Best Buys:
*Jumperoo
*Walker
*Bouncer
*Formula Dispensers-- https://www.thesoftlanding.com/nupofodi.html

Worst Buys:
*Diaper Genie--They end up stinking BAD and it is better to just throw the diapers in a plastic grocery bag.
*Changing Table--I ended up NEVER using it and always ended up changing Jace on the floor, beds or couch.

Tips For you:
*I bought Store Brand Diapers, Wipes & Formula because they did a GREAT job and saved us money! If in the states, Keep in mind that Target Brand Wipes are Softer than Wal-Mart.

*Johnson & Johnson Diaper Rash Cream Worked GREAT for Jace!!!

*Teething Tablets!! Works WONDERS! DO NOT buy Baby Ora-gel!! Bad for baby because it hardens the gums and makes it more painful for baby when the teeth start to come in. I had 2 different doctors and dentist confirm this!

*Invest in a Shopping cart Cover!!! Jace caught Hand, Foot & Mouth from the grocery Cart although I wiped it down. It's Peak Season is I believe Now through November. Never heard of it until Jace caught it too!
Read about it here: https://edcp.org/factsheets/handfoot.cfm

*Manzanilla (aka: Chamomile Tea)-- Good for Baby with Collic

Well I'm feeling pretty worked up tonight as my 'step mum' posted a comment on her facebook saying she was grateful for her 4 children and grandchildren! She forgets that her husband has 2 biological children (me and my sister) and we are always forgotten! My daughter doesn't even know who her grandad is and I'm sure this baby will be the same!
I don't know why I let it work me up as its always been the same, probably feel worse cos I don't feel well but it has upset me tonight.
I wish I had a dad to look up to! On the other hand I feel very lucky that both my children have fantastic dads!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->