~~November Sparklers 2010 Official 3rd Tri Thread~(40 Baby Girls & 43 Baby Boys Born)

Where abouts in South West are you?[/QUOTE]

I'm in sunny Cornwall! Originally from South East Wales though -Brecon Beacons.

I find myself experiencing job envy, but seriously! I wanted a job so badly before I was noticably pregnant - but no one ever called. And now they wouldn't give me a job if they were getting paid to. So I have to wait until after I have the baby - and then I probably wont be ready anymore! Eh ... I wish I had a job to go on maternity leave from, lol. Of course, in the U.S. maternity leave is barely existent so I would probably be stuck working till I popped.

Do you not get a certain amount of time off as maternity leave in the US? :o

It's like 6 weeks and they don't have to pay you. Health care SUCKS here!!!

OMG thats crazy! We can have upto 9 months paid leave and then a further 3 unpaid! I was thinking about going back to work after 6 months and thought that even that may be too soon!

I find myself experiencing job envy, but seriously! I wanted a job so badly before I was noticably pregnant - but no one ever called. And now they wouldn't give me a job if they were getting paid to. So I have to wait until after I have the baby - and then I probably wont be ready anymore! Eh ... I wish I had a job to go on maternity leave from, lol. Of course, in the U.S. maternity leave is barely existent so I would probably be stuck working till I popped.

Do you not get a certain amount of time off as maternity leave in the US? :o

It's like 6 weeks and they don't have to pay you. Health care SUCKS here!!!

Ha, yes. This sounds much better than how I was trying to explain it! Lol

Where abouts in South West are you?

I'm in sunny Cornwall! Originally from South East Wales though -Brecon Beacons.[/QUOTE]

Cornwall is lovely! I havn't been there or to Brecon Beacons since I was a kid though :(

I am off now!! Off sick then mat leave kicks in when he comes lol, if I make 37 weeks I estimate 20 October ish :)

but my plan was the same as pichi :)

i saved up my holidays and spread them over the course of the 9 months so i'm off 2 weeks next month and then a week before maternity leave starts :)

then OH is taking 2 weeks paternity leave and a weeks holiday - then he'll be back to work for a few weeks only to be home again for 2 weeks over the christmas period :D

ive been unemployed since moving to cyprus - soo boring! find myself wishing i was working.

have made shepherds pie for tea at hubbys req, and decided after standing in the hot kitchen for an hour, that i want ice cream!

I am off now!! Off sick then mat leave kicks in when he comes lol, if I make 37 weeks I estimate 20 October ish :)

i saved up my holidays and spread them over the course of the 9 months so i'm off 2 weeks next month and then a week before maternity leave starts :)

then OH is taking 2 weeks paternity leave and a weeks holiday - then he'll be back to work for a few weeks only to be home again for 2 weeks over the christmas period :D

I think my OH is planning on taking 2 weeks paternity and then 1 weeks holiday - but hes having trouble with his work at the moment

mmm ice cream....

trying not to eat anything sugary now though ¬____¬

I think my OH is planning on taking 2 weeks paternity and then 1 weeks holiday - but hes having trouble with his work at the moment

hope he gets things sorted.
OH was going to see if he could hold off on his paternity leave till i actually go into labour. so he get's his 2 weeks at least when she's here instead of taking the paternity leave for her to be late..

I'm in sunny Cornwall! Originally from South East Wales though -Brecon Beacons.

I love the Brecon Beacons...I went walking up there a lot until I was pregnant, it's definitely out of the question now though and I really miss it! I really love Cornwall too, just wish they'd get a car ferry from Swansea to Ilfracombe to shorten the evil drive round over the Bridge!

I live near the Western end of the Beacons close to the Mynydd Ddu. :)

I'm going to take the full 9 months maternity leave..I didn't realise things were so tough for new mums in the US!! :(

Also I've still got 12 working days to take off between now and the start of my maternity leave! Then when I go back to my job after maternity leave (approx August 2011) I have 6 weeks holiday to take within about 8 months

ive been unemployed since moving to cyprus - soo boring! find myself wishing i was working.

have made shepherds pie for tea at hubbys req, and decided after standing in the hot kitchen for an hour, that i want ice cream!

I really don't think I am the SAHM type to be completely honest. I have enjoyed being home with my son for the past almost 10 months - but I like working and making my own money. I am so happy I finish school in Sept. so that once baby is here and I am good to go I can get to job hunting and hopefully find a job in my degree field. Before this I have only worked at gas stations and general stores - so hoping to get a much better job with good benefits. :thumbup:

I would love to work in a school - as they get good breaks when it comes to holidays and everything. But, either way just hoping to work somewhere in the Education field.

Of course, I am sad that I will have to leave our 2nd child so soon. But its just too hard anymore to be a one income family - so its just something I almost have to do as well.

& Ice cream sounds wonderful! :haha:

thats the same with me. i had to try squish 6 weeks worth of holidays in before maternity leave started haha

Have to share these. :cloud9: Here are Jace's Pictures for the 1st Day of his School Days! He started Kindegarten today! :cry: :kiss:

He was not wanting me to take pics! lol
https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/aprilandjace/photo-44.jpg

Daddy and Jace walking up to his Big Boy School.
https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/aprilandjace/photo-40.jpg

Excited Much!? LOL
https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/aprilandjace/photo-38.jpg

My Handsome Pumpkin Little!
https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a110/aprilandjace/photo-36.jpg

It's so quiet here at home! I miss him! :cry:

mmm ice cream....

trying not to eat anything sugary now though ¬____¬

hope he gets things sorted.
OH was going to see if he could hold off on his paternity leave till i actually go into labour. so he get's his 2 weeks at least when she's here instead of taking the paternity leave for her to be late..

Yep I think they can do this - then you just phone them and say GET HOME NOW lol!

My OH gets free time off for hospital appointments and midwife appointments too :D

In Double Digits now!!! Yay!!! :happydance: trying to sleep here cuz it is 5:00 am but Bryelle is kickng me and having some party in my uterus! :cloud9:

Jace starts Kindergarten today! :cry: My baby boy is officially a big boy! He is Super Excited too!! Picked his clothes out last night and said "Mommy I have to look cool and I need to wear cologne to smell cool too!" lol

lol bless your son asking to wear cologne! How cute!! :D

LOL Thanks! :hugs: Yeah he got to it this morning too! Be fore I could stop him he got 2 squirts out... Right in the face too! LOL

oh no lol bless him! Did the other kids think he was cool because he was wearing it? haha (just like daddy eh?)

Not sure! :haha: I guess I'll find out when I pick him up in less than 2 hours! :happydance: LOL Yes, He is His Daddy's Mini Me! LOL

aw thats good. my OH doesn't get that :( i usuallly just go to midwife appointments on my own though - i don't mind. nothing very exciting happens at them anyway hah

majm1241: how old is your wee one?

Have to share these. :cloud9: Here are Jace's Pictures for the 1st Day of his School Days! He started Kindegarten today! :cry: :kiss:

Excited Much!? LOL

Cheese!!

Oh my goodness! I know it must have been a sad day for you - but he is just a handsome guy, isn't he? I can't imagine how quiet it actually is for you ... but imagine you'll get to liking that at some point before baby arrives lol. :hugs:

majm - he is adorable!!

I remember my DD's first day at school - it comes round all too quickly! I think I was in tears lol

aw thats good. my OH doesn't get that :( i usuallly just go to midwife appointments on my own though - i don't mind. nothing very exciting happens at them anyway hah

majm1241: how old is your wee one?

He will turn 6 on January 1st.

Excited Much!? LOL

Oh my goodness! I know it must have been a sad day for you - but he is just a handsome guy, isn't he? I can't imagine how quiet it actually is for you ... but imagine you'll get to liking that at some point before baby arrives lol. :hugs:

Yes, he keeps it vey busy here. LOL Too quiet now! I can actually get more done without getting called "Mom!" For something but I miss it! LOL I must get use to this and then prepare for when Bryelle Arrives!

majm - he is adorable!!

I remember my DD's first day at school - it comes round all too quickly! I think I was in tears lol

Thanks! :hugs: I wanted to cry, but managed to hold back the tears. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->