~~November Sparklers 2010 Official 3rd Tri Thread~(40 Baby Girls & 43 Baby Boys Born)

I find myself experiencing job envy, but seriously! I wanted a job so badly before I was noticably pregnant - but no one ever called. And now they wouldn't give me a job if they were getting paid to. So I have to wait until after I have the baby - and then I probably wont be ready anymore! Eh ... I wish I had a job to go on maternity leave from, lol. Of course, in the U.S. maternity leave is barely existent so I would probably be stuck working till I popped.

Do you not get a certain amount of time off as maternity leave in the US? :o

By law in U.S. we get at least 12 weeks. At my job we get 6 weeks paid, any additional weeks are unpaid if you don't have enough leave hours available. We have short and long term disability.

woop woop. i need to make a new one. fed up lookin at my ugly mug haha

oh i can't stop worrying about this stupid GTT on thursday ¬__¬

I have my glucose test Thursday too along with my Rhogam shot :s

thanks girls. yeah kayley, just to check and see because for some reason i was a little bit too high when i got my bloods taken on thursday. i think i'm panicking over nothing... i hope. i got my blood taken last thurs not long after having breakfast so i am hoping that is why my blood sugar was .1 over... *fingers crossed* it was fine at 10 weeks :dohh:

good luck mystika.

thank you. like i said i am probably fretting over nothing. it's just come as a bit of a shock because i've never had a problem before with my blood sugars...

i'm blaming the glass of orange juice and rice crispies i had before i went :haha:

I think you have to do another test and if you fail that you get diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I think my 7.1 was a fluke tho

Majm your little guy is just too cute! Bless him.

I can't wait to start maternity leave, I have 2 orders I am working on and when they are done, that is it! I am going to have to use a few of my Keeping In Touch days in January as one of them can't be completed until then but other than that I plan on taking 9 months. I am looking forward to it.

My H is hopefully going to be able to take 2 weeks off but if he doesn't work he doesn't get paid so we will have to see how things go.

I hope things go ok at your GTT Pichi, I am seeing my midwife tomorrow so I am going to ask her about my results as I am just assuming I passed my Lucozade Challenge as I had it about 3 weeks ago! It will be interesting to see if Herbert has decided to move or not as it can't be comfy being stuck sideways!

After a very quiet weekend, I am feeling loads of movement today so I am happy :happydance:

I can't wait for maternity leave either but I have a good 2 months go to get :( hope its lucozade I get to drink and not some yucky gloopy crap hah

Urgh peanut is stretching and my the feeling of it, it feels like she's shoving her feet (or hands) in my foof

I get 6 weeks of partial pay (short term disability) but since its considered an "illness" it doesnt kick in until a week after Jaxon is born. I got one week of vacation to use up before my leave can start, and then I can take an additional 6 wks unpaid time off. I'm planning on going back to work sometime after the new year in January.

YAY I finally got an avatar sorted lol

Yay! I Love it too! :kiss:

woop woop. i need to make a new one. fed up lookin at my ugly mug haha

oh i can't stop worrying about this stupid GTT on thursday ¬__¬

Puh-Lease! You are gorgeous Hon! :hugs:

Majm your little guy is just too cute! Bless him.

I can't wait to start maternity leave, I have 2 orders I am working on and when they are done, that is it! I am going to have to use a few of my Keeping In Touch days in January as one of them can't be completed until then but other than that I plan on taking 9 months. I am looking forward to it.

My H is hopefully going to be able to take 2 weeks off but if he doesn't work he doesn't get paid so we will have to see how things go.

I hope things go ok at your GTT Pichi, I am seeing my midwife tomorrow so I am going to ask her about my results as I am just assuming I passed my Lucozade Challenge as I had it about 3 weeks ago! It will be interesting to see if Herbert has decided to move or not as it can't be comfy being stuck sideways!

After a very quiet weekend, I am feeling loads of movement today so I am happy :happydance:

Thanks Hon! :hugs:

Bryelle is Very Active today too! :happydance: Her kicks and punches are getting stronger too! :cloud9:

i had to take the 3 hour glucose test too- but i still havent heard back. I am really hoping that is because everything is ok but my MW is really old and forgetful so maybe she wont call for a few more days!

I guess I don't know what gestational diabetes does to the baby. All i've ever heard is that you'll have a bigger then normal baby

Morning Girls

welcome to tuesday!

its 6am where i am and the sun is just coming up the sky is a lovely shade of pinky orange and i'm looking fwds to another sunny and hot day in cyprus,

a friend has her GTT at 8:30 so im going with her to keep her company during the 2hr wait, my hubby is a medic at the med centre so we're gonnna hide in his office in the air con for a few hours :)

im just a tincy bit darker after larking about in the pool yesterday :doh: think a strapless bikini top is in order to even out these tan lines of mine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->