~~November Sparklers 2010 Official 3rd Tri Thread~(40 Baby Girls & 43 Baby Boys Born)

That is so true hun.. If ever my friends ask my advice on labour etc I always tel them to not be set in their ideas as anything could happen. I wanted a waterbirth last time but because I went so long overdue, had to be induced so it didn't happen. if you have one idea in your head it is that much easier to get upset if it doesn't happen. As long as babbas journey into the world is a safe one, that's all that counts!

Good one MissiMoJo!!! Warren refuses to cut the cord he is too queezy!! Those kind of little things are good to plan! Are you girls going for the vitK injection? And will you have the injection to help birth the placenta?

im up for the jab to help the placenta be delivered, and it the vit k jab is whats best for baby, then yeh -

i'd love a natural waterbirth - but if i end up having a more coaxed along labour or a c-sec so be it- whatever it takes for nudger to get here safely!! thats the most important thing right.

my hubby is an army medic -he doesnt do squeamish - he is however deathly afraid of spiders!

my birth plan is

!!water birth please !!

Gas and air for pain relief,

any postion goes

i want david to tell me boy or girl, and for him to cut the cord

i want skin to skin contact while cord being cut, but first cuddle is davids
i dont object to having labour sped up/episiotomy/c-sec if NEEDED, nudger's needs come first, but i want as natural as possible

Thats exactly what i've written and put into my baby folder - i have a folder with my notes, and my shopping lists and my order receipts and scan pics - i have too much spare time!

this is what i want too. i want my OH to give her her first cuddle after i've had skin to skin

Hahaha, Warren can't handle blood although he was really good watching the birth. Another of our fears for a C-section is he is so scared of passing out.. I'm also sooo keen on a waterbirth!! Lets hold thumbs we get it!

i want to start packing my bag - but im still waiting on BFPO to deliver my orders :hissy: i hate stuff taking weeks to arrive

My current birth is looking like this:

Induction gel/pessary/tablet
Break waters
Strapped up to CTG monitor

When ready walk to delivery suite

Get hooked up to IV

Sounds fun doesn't it. So I want Epidural now (didn't want one before)

I do want immediate skin to skin and to attempt to bf, baby to have vit k infection and for me to have the infection to deliver placenta.

Birthing partner can cut cord if they want.

Got midwife appointment in a bit.

Just a quick question - did anyone sign up to tesco baby and toddler club and if so did you receive any information and a welcome pack? I signed up in June and am still waiting for a welcome pack!

Anna I had to be induced last time a little bit early and my labour did look like your list but it didn't go as far as the IV drip to speed things up and I didn't have an epidural. It also lasted just 5hrs and 45 mins so not long and dawn out like some people think inductions are like. You don't know for sure how yours will pan out hun, in fact even if you had not had this trouble you could have gone way over due and needed to be induced so try and keep your chin up hun and stay positive that everything stays good :)

AFM: Got hospital bags but they are empty! need to start shopping for them when my bump buddy gets back from hols (we are making a day of it :happydance:)

I have started on my birthplan too. I want to birth in water using Hypnobirthing breathing techniques. Hubby thinks that will all go to pot at the first sign of a contraction though and I will just be wanting the drugs :haha:

H says he staying well away from the business end so I don't think he will be cutting the cord (it makes him feel queasy) and I have to have the placenta injection (to do with blood loss last time) but I would have done anyway as I want it all over with asap but we plan on giving Herbert his/her Vit K orally.

my birth plan since the last one didnt go according to plan at all is deliver like a cow, yep. Not on my back as thats actually the most painful and unnatural way I plan on usuing gravety and hope my hospital understands this should I actually go in to labour this time. I can say no to an epidural this time as last time i was really sick with it and it didnt work on me so i dont want that again and my hospital is quite good on standing back and only do c section if absolutely necessary so i hope to do this on gas and air and some pain killers after. Last time was worse than I ever imagined even with all the drugs in me I cant see this time being any worse as even the nurses where talking about how bad it was to each other outside the ward I over heard them. I want to walk about not strapped to a bed for hours starving! no inductions here thank you. I want to do this the other way if I can and will try everything to get my way.

I too was induced a week early and was only in Active Labor for 5 1/2 Hours. I had Demerol and an Epi and will get them again if there is time and I need them again. I have a low tolerance to pain and they were Heaven! :haha: :flower:

I really want to try to not be induced this time. I want to experience going into labor on my own at home and being like "Oh my! My Waters Broke! Get me to the Hospital!" Mark said he is not liking that because he said "Well, I am not going to be the one to clean up the mess off the floor!!" :rofl: He is so funny! I Love this Man of mine! :cloud9: I said for him not to worry because my mom and dad will be down and maybe they will do it! :haha:

Got midwife appointment in a bit.

Just a quick question - did anyone sign up to tesco baby and toddler club and if so did you receive any information and a welcome pack? I signed up in June and am still waiting for a welcome pack!

it took forever to get my vouchers etc through!

I too was induced a week early and was only in Active Labor for 5 1/2 Hours. I had Demerol and an Epi and will get them again if there is time and I need them again. I have a low tolerance to pain and they were Heaven! :haha: :flower:

I really want to try to not be induced this time. I want to experience going into labor on my own at home and being like "Oh my! My Waters Broke! Get me to the Hospital!" Mark said he is not liking that because he said "Well, I am not going to be the one to clean up the mess off the floor!!" :rofl: He is so funny! I Love this Man of mine! :cloud9: I said for him not to worry because my mom and dad will be down and maybe they will do it! :haha:

My hubby is more worried that my waters will break in in our lovely new bed. Charming! fear number two is that we don't make it to hospital and the baby pops out in a lay-by on the side of the road. I said I hope it does just pop out on the side of the road as that will man I have had a super fast labour :rofl:

Oooh I have not signed up for Tesco baby club, must do that!

My hubby is more worried that my waters will break in in our lovely new bed. Charming! fear number two is that we don't make it to hospital and the baby pops out in a lay-by on the side of the road. I said I hope it does just pop out on the side of the road as that will man I have had a super fast labour :rofl:

Oooh I have not signed up for Tesco baby club, must do that!

:rofl: Our husbands are so funny! You know what, I hope I will be cuddling on him and My Waters break ON HIM! That would be the best! :haha: He gets grossed out pretty easily! :haha: Ah yes, side of the road means very quick labor! LOL But too scarey for me as the Hospital is 20 mins away! LOL

Oh yes, I got a call back from the Doctor's Office and I passed my GTT! :yipee: BUT they detected my Iron levels are low so now I need to take a supplement. :(

My hospital is about 45 minutes away on a good day, 1hr 15 minutes in rush hour and apparently 15 minutes at 3am, according to a friend who recently had to do a midnight dash while in labour :rofl: Its not that many miles away but traffic is horrendous from where we live.

Congrats on passing your GTT too hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"