***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

I go every 3 weeks for a scan and I still freak out every time thinking the worse before I think of the best! Im sure everything is fine and like said 2nd trimester things ease up a bit and its normal to feel normal again ;)

Wishfulmom2b- Hope you feel better too, really is the pits being sick while pregnant. The weather here is gloomy as well so I feel I could sleep for days. Too bad my son thinks thats a bad idea :haha: I recall at around 16 weeks my doctor said that you should try not to sleep on your back anymore, not because of the block of blood flow or whatever people say but mostly cause the uterus and baby are weighing more and can weigh down on you and make you hurt more and people have reported feeling dizzy when they get up or waking up feeling like puking which has been happening to me often now! I asked him what side to lay on and he said it does not matter as long as you are comfortable. I know other doctors and people say different. I just try not to sleep on my back and honestly it does hurt me and before I get up to use bath room in the night I have to sit there a second so I dont walk into things from being dizzy. I really dont think it will cause harm to baby either way!

Weighed in this morning and so far gained about a pound. YIPPY! Problem is my stomach is huge and my pants just look horrible. I took my old maternity clothes out of storage and they look horrible. Did not really care at that point what I looked like since my husband was deployed so I wore just big bump hiding comfy clothes. So today Im online shopping for some maternity clothes. Maybe just some pants and a tank top or two. I feel bad since we need to save money for move but Im looking incredibly chubby over here I need something to define the bump :haha: anyone else bought maternity clothes yet?

thanks daddiesgift! so is my stomach okay to sleep on then? i have stopped my back completely as of last week. not a big back sleeper anyways.

i have gained a pound but none of my pants fit right. probable just things moving around.. i got a pair of maternity pants but they are too big. been wearing sweats around the house and well outside too haha :winkwink:

A pound in weight gain, you lucky ladies!! I've gained 7kg!! not sure how that has happened though, I do have a small bump and boobs are growing fast but no weight gain elsewhere and I'm still gyming it and running! Oh well just my body I guess!

Wishful I think it's fine to sleep on your tummy as long as you're comfy as baby is protected by bump and lots of amniotic fluid. I can sort of sleep on my back but with a slight tilt, if i lay straight on my back i don't get dizzy but I get really bad pain on my lumbar spine which is where is guess bubs is pressing against.

Hope the 2 of you feel better soon, I had a cold last week and it sucks while been pregnant!

I dont see why not at this point! I did with my son just later in pregnancy he would squirm so I stopped since I thought I was smashing him :haha: they are pretty cushioned in there but maybe ask doctor at your next appointment just to be sure

charlie15- I dont feel too lucky, I know it will pile on one of these weeks! The longer it takes excites me but with my son I did really good then last few weeks I was gaining almost 5 pounds a week!! and only lost 19 lbs in birth :haha: I want to go to the gym so bad!! I was going almost every day before :bfp: but then I got horrible morning sickness now Im just exhausted feeling. Im going to force myself to go after this doctors appointment if they tell me the hole in my placenta has closed up. She told me to take it easy till then.

charlie15- I dont feel too lucky, I know it will pile on one of these weeks! The longer it takes excites me but with my son I did really good then last few weeks I was gaining almost 5 pounds a week!! and only lost 19 lbs in birth :haha: I want to go to the gym so bad!! I was going almost every day before :bfp: but then I got horrible morning sickness now Im just exhausted feeling. Im going to force myself to go after this doctors appointment if they tell me the hole in my placenta has closed up. She told me to take it easy till then.

Yeah I have read that we put on weight at different stages at different rates in pregnancy so we are just all different!

Hope your placenta has sorted itself out and you can get back to the gym, but not surprised you're tired with your active little boy. This is my 1st so don't have anyone wearing me out at home (yet!!) which makes gym easier.

No mistaking that last shot!! So cute sitting in the lotus position. Now to convince my DF that we need to get 3d scans booked for around 30 weeks!

i want to go back at 30 weeks too! got a 25% coupon off if i do, plus if i get the same women she gave us a bunch of free stuff. such a great experience!

I've been thinking about this. My mom has asked to go with to the scans which I really dont want. So I might pay for the 3d scans and take my mom instead of DF. I know that DF is really against any more scans than what is necessary. He is very clued up on all sciency stuff and thinks that the radiation or something like that from the scans may be harmful to the baby.
So I might need to sneak behind his back which I really dont like doing.

So dont know if I will get it done in the end.

back from doctors. it went fine....baby all ok as per v short scan (2 mins in all!!). OH saw heartbeat, hands, legs, spine

got started on calcium & iron supplements. anomaly scan would be between weeks 21 and 22.....

oh....and i booked in my delivery date at the hospital where i will be delivering...

since i have tremendous back pain (due to previous back injury) it will in all probability be a scheduled c sec.

the doctor also said that at week 28 - 29 he would be giving me a steroid shot in order to mature the baby's lungs faster since by chance if i have to deliver early due to back issues, he would want baby's lungs to be strong...anyone heard of anything like this???

I've been thinking about this. My mom has asked to go with to the scans which I really dont want. So I might pay for the 3d scans and take my mom instead of DF. I know that DF is really against any more scans than what is necessary. He is very clued up on all sciency stuff and thinks that the radiation or something like that from the scans may be harmful to the baby.
So I might need to sneak behind his back which I really dont like doing.

So dont know if I will get it done in the end.[/QUOTE]

With my son I got scans every 3 weeks then every two weeks then every week till he was born and hes pretty normal :haha:. I dont worry about the too many ultrasound thing at all since if it was proven to by bad doctors all over the world wouldnt be doing it..or so we hope! 4D is fun but your baby will be here sooner than you know it and seeing them everyday you'll forget about that 4D scan you missed out on. :thumbup: Either way I hope you get to do what you want to do.

back from doctors. it went fine....baby all ok as per v short scan (2 mins in all!!). OH saw heartbeat, hands, legs, spine

got started on calcium & iron supplements. anomaly scan would be between weeks 21 and 22.....

oh....and i booked in my delivery date at the hospital where i will be delivering...

since i have tremendous back pain (due to previous back injury) it will in all probability be a scheduled c sec.

the doctor also said that at week 28 - 29 he would be giving me a steroid shot in order to mature the baby's lungs faster since by chance if i have to deliver early due to back issues, he would want baby's lungs to be strong...anyone heard of anything like this???

Never really heard about the back pain issue but I do know they give shots or pills of steroids to strengthen babies lungs. Not a big thing really. At about 32 weeks at a routine appointment they saw I was having contractions and effacing and dialating, they were concerned my son was on his way out! Since I still had a ways to go to be sure they gave me pills to take to strengthen his lungs in case he came before time (before 37 weeks) and sure enough he was ready and out at 37 *weeks and 2 days! Hes never had any breathing problems or lung issues or anything like that. Its just a precaution they take. If I were you I would do it, but if it worries you too much just have a word with them about it. If they do not plan on inducing you before 37 weeks then Im sure your baby will be fine with out the steroids.

We would joke my son was going to come out really tan, in a speedo with huge muscles cause he was taking steroids :haha:

Can you add me please ?? I am due Nov 28th :happydance::happydance:

xx

welcome to the new ladies and babies! :hi:

Don't have MUCH time to read through but hope everyone is doing well! I'll check back in tonight just wanted to drop by and let everyone know our scan went perfectly and we are team BLUE!!!! :blue: :happydance::happydance:

So excited that my DS will have a little brother so close to romp and play with, we are naming him Judah and my DS (Dean) already said his name 3 times today poking at my belly and saying "udah! udah!" it melts my heart <3

here are a few of his glamour shots!! :cloud9:

Attachments

• Scan 1.jpg
    Scan 1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Scan 6.jpg
    Scan 6.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Scan 8.jpg
    Scan 8.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 11
Congrats Soulshaken! Baby looks great!! Lots of team blue going on here!!

3 DAYS, 14 HOURS, 7 MINUTES, 5 SECONDS till our next scan..ekkkk fingers crossed we can see gender!!

Congrats on the boy, Soulshaken! That's wonderful news, and I love his name!

As for the maternity clothes talk - I have been in maternity pants for about 2 weeks. I have the tiniest bump, so it's not really an issue of fitting into my old pants anymore, but they're definitely more comfortable. With the bloat and new baby weight, I switched over as soon as I could. Definitely makes sitting at my desk all day much easier.

Soulshaken - lovely pics of your little boy!!

There sure is a lot of blue in this thread! that is one reason I hope my instincts are right - that I'm on team pink! We sure could do with some more pink around here!

I've been in mat clothes for the past week already. Last week my bump suddenly popped out and there was no more wearing my pre-preggers trousers! Last week Thursday DF said I really looked preggers too! Love it! Have been waiting for my bump for what seems like ages! Now just waiting to feel my bubba!!

Had my 18 week scan today! It was about 45 min long...so spent a LOT of time staring at baby :cloud9:

I will post a couple pics when I can...

Obviously the techs don't say much, and hopefully I don't get any red flags from the midwife this week...if I don't hear anything by Fri I will probably call and check in on how the results looked. Nerve racking!!!

I did see a few short hand items...2UA (= 2 umbilical arteries, yay!) and 4CH (4 chambered heart, yay!)...but a few things were worrying like when she referred to 'debris' near the cervix and my placenta looked really close to the cervix (to my utrained eye though). Also the dates seemed all over the place. Some saying 17w5d some saying 18w4d but I am really confident about my O date so don't think I will change it either way!

As for mat clothes, I was in half and half since 15 weeks but since last week have given up non-maternity pants. WAY too uncomfortable, unless of course I use the belly band (which I love). Non-maternity pants make my belly look SO unflattering, it is so much cuter in maternity pants :thumbup:

this was a page back but i would explain to your husband that many women get ultrasounds throughout their pregnancy and drs wouldnt do it if it was dangerous. for example my SIL was high risk and had them every 2 weeks!! that stinks he wont let you, i dont go behind my DHs back so it would put me in a tough situation. maybe at your next drs appointment, if he is there you could bring it up and he can hear 1st hand that they are safe?

and my cold is getting pretty bad. ive decided that a cold while pregnant, is not just a cold.. its a pain in the butt!

Here is our little sweet potato!

Attachments

• baby_lockhart_18.jpg
    baby_lockhart_18.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member