***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

cute scan pics guys! so glad i had my private scan bc now i only have to wait 9 more days until the 18 week scan. might be the the last one for a long time or forever so i hope it is kind of long and detailed.. will miss seeing my bub :/

Aaaaawww. Cutie patootie!!!

I've officially experienced my first belly molestation by a stranger. I got my eyebrows done today and the owner of the salon came in as I was on the "bed" and goes "ooooh. Wow! Three!" and helped herself. Hahaha. Ah well. Better having strangers touch the belly than the babies. I think strangers touching my babies will probably result in the arrival of "mama bear."

:cry: thats my blowing my nose constantly..well crying a little bit too. Thought Id wake up feeling better this morning but I only feel worse! Really hope this cold or whatever passes soon. It looks like my son will have to miss play group today since I feel I could sleep for a year. Had a bad dream last night that we lost the baby :( Never had a dream like that before. Maybe Im just worrying too much while Im awake.

WTBmyBFP- sorry about your stomach molestation :haha: It really is worse when strangers try to touch your newborn. The older they get maybe you get use to it or you dont worry about them so much. I remember an old man kissed my newborn son! I about had a heart attack thinking about all the germs he had, and of course I did not want to yell at him cause he was just being nice and he was old :nope: smokers are the worse! I hate the smell of smoke and when a smoker asks to hold your baby I know its stupid but I would make up things instead of saying NO!! That being said tho the night our son was born, my husband went outside with a friend and smoked some of a cigar..I made him change the minute he got back in the room :haha: Then after I had my son, and I know a lot of women have some irrational thoughts soon after having baby a woman came into our room to congratulate us but my husband was heading out for food so there I was in a room with a strange women and my new baby. The rest of the stay I was so paranoid she was there to steal our baby! Every time someone opened our door I about attacked them :haha:

anyone on here planning a babymoon? any short trip or get aways for a weekend or so?

I really want to go on 1 before the baby arrives ....maybe around week 22- 23.

Just wondering if anyone on here planning anything similar?

I had my 18 week scan today and we had a lovely lady doing our scan. She asked us if we wanted to find out (of course :haha:) and she said she's pretty sure it's a girl. She looked a few more times to check and there was no sign at all of a wee boy bits! Baby was in a funny position, but she's 75% sure it's a little girl :cloud9: We're going to book another scan before we go shopping though! xx

lovely pics :happydance:

2 weeks and 1 day until my 20 week scan :happydance: because I have not felt definite movement I am very anxious to see a wiggiling baby!! We are staying :yellow: but I am kinda hoping because there is so much :blue: around that we might be blessed with a :pink: bundle!!

anyone on here planning a babymoon? any short trip or get aways for a weekend or so?

We have a trip planned 6 months after baby (it's actually a trip to Mexico with the family for my brother-in-law's wedding) so we won't get to take the babymoon we originally planned on. A few years ago we went to Jamaica and this sweet couple was there on their babymoon. We said then and there that when we had a baby we would take one last big trip before our lives changed... We may still do a short weekend away, but it won't be as extravagant as Jamaica! :haha:

We are trying to make a road trip happen this summer...probably in August. I'd love to go to Banff, which I have never visited despite being so close! Money is an issue because of my uncertain employment this summer but I think it may be worth it!!!!

gaiagirl- Banff is so beautiful and there are some cost effective ways to go. Jasper is also worth the visit!

hey congrats o finding out the gendes and coleey do u want me to put down pink or dou want me to wait?

Thanks hun :) Can you write it down as pink? She checked it a few times and there wasn't any boy bits in sight :) We just want to get another scan to confirm before we go baby girl shopping! xx

Congrats on the girl, Coleey! :)

Just 11 days until we know if we're team pink or team blue! The wait is killing me!

Have never heard the expression babymoon but i guess that's what we'll be doing in 3 weeks. We're off to my favourite spot in Europe, the South of France for 2 weeks. So yes probably our last relaxing holiday for some time and I cannot wait, I need some sunshine now the rain has returned to the UK!

this was a page back but i would explain to your husband that many women get ultrasounds throughout their pregnancy and drs wouldnt do it if it was dangerous. for example my SIL was high risk and had them every 2 weeks!! that stinks he wont let you, i dont go behind my DHs back so it would put me in a tough situation. maybe at your next drs appointment, if he is there you could bring it up and he can hear 1st hand that they are safe?QUOTE]

Thanks so much for your advice!
I'm from South Africa originally and there we get as many US's as we want or can afford, as there we go Gynae led and every gynae appointment we can be scanned! A lot of my friends in CT have had so many scans already. I on the other hand will only get 3 scans!
I would love to get a 3d scan! Will have to see if I can talk him round to it!

I really want to go on 1 before the baby arrives ....maybe around week 22- 23.

Just wondering if anyone on here planning anything similar?

We have a holiday planned for the summer, more because it will be my very first European holiday as I am about to get my first British passport and as part of my birthday pressie.
We plan on going to France and Brussels or Holland. So about 10 days away in August before the little one is born, I suppose will double up as my brithday pressie and babymoon!

2 weeks and 1 day until my 20 week scan :happydance: because I have not felt definite movement I am very anxious to see a wiggiling baby!! We are staying :yellow: but I am kinda hoping because there is so much :blue: around that we might be blessed with a :pink: bundle!!

I too havent felt a thing as yet! Hoping to get my scan appointment through any day now! It should also be in about 2 or 3 weeks! Cant wait to feel my Speckle and then to see it too!

you guys are all so lucky. My midwife changed her policy last year and now wont even give the referral for the gender scan until we are at our 20 week appt. which means i have to wait until july 5th to even know when we will find out. and my insurance only covers necessary scans, so if i am not having any problems, then i get two. so unfair. i guess it just means i have something to look forward to.
:cry:

Bugaboo, do they not offer private scans in your state? I'm paying for my gender scan out of pocket, insurance is not covering it (it's only $80). My doctor won't do gender scans until 20 weeks either, but I just can't wait that long... I'm super impatient :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->