***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

I'm sorry to hear about the new insurance wishful. On the bright side- its good that you have coverage.

i know i feel bad because i know some people dont but i also live in a state in the US (MA) that has universal health insurance, meaning its illegal not to have it. so really if i didnt work it would be free insurance, but instead i pay hundreds a WEEK to now have to pay 3000 for my hospital stay, 1000 for my sons hospital stay and my medicine and visits went up.

it changes our income a lot.. just not a good day! time to adjust and get over it i guess!

Thank you everyone. Means a lot. We didn't hear from the childrens hospital today, so should hear tomorrow. If we don't hear from them within 48 hours then we are supposed to call them. It was hard for me to not call them tonight. I just want to get her in a hard cast and let her heal. She's been doing pretty good today though, she's a tough girl.

Thanks ladies I have no idea what to do about the whole name thing!! I guess we will find out in... 3 hours and 45 minutes :haha: My husband agreed with me that we dont want our child to have a name everyone else has, I never meet a Madalyn before but I guess its popular this year! So we decided on Alice Elizabeth instead..I LOVE ALICE...but I also LOVE Madalyn. I thought we could put those two names together but Id want them to go by both of them :wacko: oh well no use worrying yet! I was hoping we would get to sleep in as long as possible this morning since my appointment is at 1030 we could just get up get ready and go..but big brother decided 520am was a good wake up time. :sleep:
Not to mention I woke up at 230 and could not fall back asleep till 430am. All fxed that baby is cooperative today!!

The last two days I have been feeling baby move all around! I felt first thud at a wedding we were at (maybe baby was objecting? :haha:) Mostly when Im laying down in the morning or through out the night. Must have hit a growth spurt! Still cant feel from the outside yet so husband has a bit to wait.

Ashleywalton- Im so sorry to hear about the broken arm :hugs: I would be heart broken too. I hope they get it figured out soon!!

Daddies those names are looking likely for us too if it's a girl! Hope that doesn't put you off ;-)

Wishful, however much we moan in the UK about the national health service in the UK it's such a good system. Everyone is entitled to it but if they want to go private and get that little bit more then there is the option of going private. I couldn't imagine having to stay in hospital and then being charged thousands for it. Big :hugs:

I'm sorry about your insurance wishful :hugs: It's good you're covered, but it's crazy how much you guys have to pay in the US!

Lovely names Daddiesgift :) Good luck with your scan today too hun! Hope he/she cooperates :) Do you have any feelings if bubs is a boy or girl? xx

Well since you live in the UK and I will be leaving Germany for America this year its okay if you have the same names :haha: Im sure our children may not run into each other. My name is Ashton and Ive only met two other people, one girl and one boy in my life with the same name. And of course Ashton Kutcher but we've never met :haha:

Well honestly Ive felt girl from day one. Ive always wanted a girl but even with my son I knew it was a boy so im really going on this gut feeling! BUT that being said I havent really had a chance to have a feeling by looking at scan photos since this baby is quite naughty! Since its looked like a baby (after 7 weeks) Ive only gotten to see one profile view and thats it! :nope: the last two scans we could barely see anything! Only the back of head and back and doctor did an external AND internal scan. I really hope we get to see a face today. Last time baby was sleeping and she kept poking it but it would just flinch but not really move. This time Im stopping at the cafe below the office and getting a soda and a candy bar! :haha:

My husband just KNOWS its a boy..I think he's a little scared of it being a girl. I think I will be sad if its a boy but I also know having another boy has its perks. Ill be sad cause Im not sure how many more kids we will have and thinking of not ever having a girl makes me sad, plus every time I see a bow or tutu or anything pink Ill just cry!

Better go get ready! 1 hour and 50 mins till my appointment time!! ekkkkkk

@daddiesgift... excited to hear the news today! good luck!

and thanks guys. it really stinks. millions dont have any and the ones that do are basically screwed. we lose thousands a year, to only spend thousands for care as well. i should mention its 4000 for a regular childbirth with one epidural. it can cost me thousands more if i need a c-section. insurance pays 80 percent and we pay 20 percent. my brother and his wife just had a baby and they needed an emergency c-section. it cost them 14,000 dollars for a 3 day hospital stay. thats with "good" health insurance.

the insurance i thought i was going to have had limits. i was going to pay 3000 no matter what happened so i was preparing myself. well that went out the window today!

Phew Daddies! Your last post could have been written by me.. We've only seen one quick profile shot of the baby so have no real clue. I'm thinking girl too but it might just be as I would like one.

Wishful was that figure on top of what the insurance paid?! It's crazy that you have no choice but to pay silly money to save the life of you and /or your baby. X

yes 14000 after insurance. the final bill for my nieces birth was something like 57,000. who knows how they come up with these figures. honestly it makes me sick.

i know i feel bad because i know some people dont but i also live in a state in the US (MA) that has universal health insurance, meaning its illegal not to have it. so really if i didnt work it would be free insurance, but instead i pay hundreds a WEEK to now have to pay 3000 for my hospital stay, 1000 for my sons hospital stay and my medicine and visits went up.

it changes our income a lot.. just not a good day! time to adjust and get over it i guess!
US health care is wierd. seriocusly 100s a week? We have health insurance that is obligatory, but up to a certain level the fees are all the same- only if you earn a certain amount of money in a year you can opt for voluntary or private insuarances which have different rates.
Here the rate for me is 54 € a month and most stuff is covered (hospital stays(if needed), doctor visits etc.)

18+6 bump pic

https://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad354/Booflebump/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNjA3LTAwOTExLmpwZw-1.jpg

Going out for tea tonight to the hotel where we got engaged to celebrate our first week in our new home :dance: Can't wait to have a nommy steak - normally I have medium-rare, so going to concede to a medium-done steak instead xxx

Daddiesgift - eagerly awaiting news of which team you are on. I'm hoping to get my letter through today saying when my anomoly scan is!

Please help. I'm suffering with hayfever like I have never before! I lay awake for 2 hours last night with a hayfever attack! Eyes and nose streaming, Itchy throat and eyes! And the sneezing - well lets just say the best place to be when I need to sneeze, is sitting on the toilet! :haha:!!!
What am I allowed to take for hayfever?

US health care is wierd. seriocusly 100s a week? We have health insurance that is obligatory, but up to a certain level the fees are all the same- only if you earn a certain amount of money in a year you can opt for voluntary or private insuarances which have different rates.
Here the rate for me is 54 € a month and most stuff is covered (hospital stays(if needed), doctor visits etc.)

yeah its terrible. and this isnt even counting dental insurance which is more, and eye glasses.. etc lol! i want to move to canada!! i'm pretty sure we are the only developed country who has to pay thousands to deliver our babies.

i feel like i'm complaing so much, i was just use to our coverage (not that it was that better) and now right before baby it gets more expensive. great timing lol.

Skweek I think you can still take a steroid nasal spray like Beconaise.

sk - check with your doc, but I think you can take piriton. I have it too, but not as bad as normal. Although I do worry I'm going to sneeze the baby out accidentally :dohh:

Well ladies go ahead and put me down for team :blue: Im happy but kind of sad at the same time :nope: I guess my gut feeling was wrong!! At first doctor could not tell, then baby started moving and he looked and said looks like boy, then tested the blood flow in it to make sure it was not umbilical cord then he said 98% sure boy. Then a little bit later said "Yes 100% Boy" then at end I said well there is that 2% it could be girl and he said "No, I say its a boy, its a boy" think im in shock!

Attachments

• lucas.jpg
    lucas.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 8
Here are two 3D shots we got of him..still looking a little like an alien. Doctor said too early to get a real good 3D shot. First is profile shot, second is front of face with his hands fisted up in front of his eye.

Attachments

• lucas1.jpg
    lucas1.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1
  • lucas2.jpg
    lucas2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads