***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

my next scan is on Monday (in case I haven't said that often enough yet :haha:

Wow Cavalley, I can actually see a resemblance between you in your avatar pic and your baby!

Daddies, that's shocking that they can be so relaxed and unorganised whilst turning people's lives upside down. I hope you get the orders soon. It must be awful being so far from your family with such a young family. :hugs:

Wishful I can go days /weeks before feeling movements. I'm sure that was baby you felt. X

thanks fishandchips.

so is seeing baby in 3D at the 20 week scan pretty common? i thought it would be the regular 2D but i am seeing more and more 3d.

Thanks fish&chips they pretty much dont care whats going on here. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens my husband is going on Monday to investigate further. I wanted to see our families with just our son for now since my husband may be deploying once we get to America so its really not fair for him to not see his family. And our families are the type that If I go see my family with my son then they will be all hurt and vice versa. Come the first of October I cant fly anymore so if its going to happen its going to happen before then or its going to have to happen next year.

Plus Im just ready to get to our new houses! They are suppose to have some of the nicest housing in the Army and Ive seen lots of pictures so Im really excited about that :haha: Now we live in a two bed room apartment on the 4th floor (92 stairs to get to our front door!) and its not the biggest place so everything is cramped. We will be getting a house with a garage, and three bed rooms, and a back yard with a fence!! Ready to decorate some babies rooms and start over new!

Wishfulmom2b- I think it just depends on what your doctor has to offer! My doctor can just push a button and its on 3D so she will do it anytime she feels like it, there is never a set time for it just when she thinks she can get something good. My appointment is Friday, want to see how big he's got cause ive gotten pretty plump myself! I think he prefers one side to the other like my son did cause when I wake up in the morning I can lay on my back and it will be flat on one side and a big lump on another side!

funny you say that! i havent felt baby yet (maybe once?) but i totally can see him on my left side when i am on my back... think i can feel his little head. to the left of my belly button is always higher, and more firm. DH sees it too. so funny!!

Those new houses sound amazing Daddies! I have everything crossed for you. x

Uk ladies don't get 3d scans at their NHS appointments (as far as I'm aware).

We ve got to pay extra for 3 D but then it is just like above user said, a flick of a switch :) oh and it doesnt go a particular speed for me :haha:

2 more sleeps till our next scan!! Cant wait now! Just want to know if I am carrying a little ladybug or manbug!

Yup defo no 3d scans for those of us to be going throught NHS. Boohoo I was sooo hoping to see my little Speckle again at around 30 weeks! but DF is dead set against having 3d scans. Says its not necessary to have it and therefore not needed.
Boohoo

thanks fishandchips.

so is seeing baby in 3D at the 20 week scan pretty common? i thought it would be the regular 2D but i am seeing more and more 3d.

Every doctor is different. I guess it depends on the machines they have. My dr. Has a 2d/3d machine where he is able to switch back and forth no problem.

Ours only does it from 25 weeks since theres a better quality :)

Hi ladies,

I have my gender scan on Monday morning and was just wondering if anyone has a different idea for revealing pink or blue to all and sundry after the gender scan.
I have seen a few ideas which wont work for us for various reasons
- pink/blue cake
- box of balloons

also seen ideas of texting either 'sugar and spice and all things nice' or snips and snails and puppy dogs tails'
Which I am keen on. But has anyone got any other ideas?
Or even getting a blue or pink onesie and arrive at my parents house 'wearing' it on my bump. Not sure I really want to do this as my mother is already over excited about me being pregnant!! I am not a very touchy feely person and can see my mother trying to hug and kiss me and want to 'hug' my bump too!! - hhmm maybe not!

Any other ideas

You can put a colored ribbon around your belly and take a picture, or take a picture of pink/blue shoes with the ultrasound photo. I like the opening a box of colored balloons idea or cupcakes filled with the color.

I'm pretty sure I finally felt some movement from the baby today!!!! Yippee!!!! :cloud9:

I'm so sorry daddiesgift. I hope everything works out SOON!

skweek35 - I was going to be all motivated and make cakeball cookies but I got really lazy and just played "boys boys boys" by lady gaga really loud at our family dinner haha but here is the recipe if you are interested, I thought they were a take on the cake idea but new! love the idea!

https://www.gourmetmomonthego.com/2011/03/gender-reveal-cookies.html

Those of you who want to do hypno birthing but are scared by the price, my friend has suggested prenatal yoga as they often deal with breathing and self hypnosis. I've found a few courses near me for under £80. X

20 weeks today! half way there!

i woke up to my favorite muffin from a local bakery, flowers, and a card from my husband that said "you guys are half way there!!"

so cute, my son is very lucky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"