***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Hi ladies!

I'd really like to join the group!

My little GIRL is due November 14, 2012 :flower:

And her name will be Miss Sara Jeanette

PS i decided she is going to be a "purple" baby vs a "pink" baby lol im not much a fan of pink :blush:

Welcome to the group sjbenefield :)
I don't like Pink either :haha: . You've got the same due date as me and I am also having a girl :D

Welcome to the group sjbenefield :)
I don't like Pink either :haha: . You've got the same due date as me and I am also having a girl :D

Yay!!! Congrats!!!! i was wondering if i was the only one for 11-14 :happydance: all the baby stuff ive registered for at target is predominatly (sp?) purple with butterflies, its my dads fault i dont like pink he tried to drown me in it when i was little lol

Have you picked out a name yet?

We havent picked out a name yet that is definitely going to be it but we are going in the right direction . :haha:
I just don't like pink, I liked it as a child but when I turned 11 or so I had all the stuiff from my older brother so that was lots of blues and I love dark blue . You can see it in my photos a change of purple pink stuff to more blue stuff :haha:

I ve seen some nice clothes in orange or green colours . (like a lil romper with a hedgehog print , ideal for Autumn :D)

We havent picked out a name yet that is definitely going to be it but we are going in the right direction . :haha:
I just don't like pink, I liked it as a child but when I turned 11 or so I had all the stuiff from my older brother so that was lots of blues and I love dark blue . You can see it in my photos a change of purple pink stuff to more blue stuff :haha:

I ve seen some nice clothes in orange or green colours . (like a lil romper with a hedgehog print , ideal for Autumn :D)

I hope you get the name you love :)
i like blue too :) but i went the rebellious direction blacks and purples :blush:
i cant seem to find much of other colors that would make her look like a girl im terrified of people mistaking her for a boy when she gets here i know thats silly :dohh:

Welcome sjbenefield and congats. I don't like pink either, especially baby pink! but I am team yellow so quite happily sticking to yellow, red, blue and green mostly.

I think neutral colours are alright :) The people can just ask .haha:

Yes, sleep...it has just sucked lately and is about to get worse! I'm teaching a summer school math course the first 2 weeks of July and will have to switch from waking at 7:30 to 6am!!!! Ugh. Also as it gets hotter out our room gets WAY too warm :(

I'm also wondering...i cant recall if any of you ladies cloth diaper your little ones (those who aren't FTMs)?

We cloth diaper full time! LOVE it :) I have no idea what a FTM is though :haha:

Yes, sleep...it has just sucked lately and is about to get worse! I'm teaching a summer school math course the first 2 weeks of July and will have to switch from waking at 7:30 to 6am!!!! Ugh. Also as it gets hotter out our room gets WAY too warm :(

I'm also wondering...i cant recall if any of you ladies cloth diaper your little ones (those who aren't FTMs)?

We cloth diaper full time! LOVE it :) I have no idea what a FTM is though :haha:

I think FTM = first time mom/mum

We also CD our ds and are all geared up to CD this bubba straight away. I love CDing!!

Oolong I love pink :haha: I'm team yellow and sticking to creams and whites for now, boring I know xx

I always said I would NEVER be the mum who buys loads of pink ..... I am buying LOADS of pink! :haha:

Welcome sjbenefield! :flower:

I'm obsessed with pink things now too! :haha: xx

I think FTM = first time mom/mum We also CD our ds and are all geared up to CD this bubba straight away. I love CDing!![/QUOTE said:
Lol, yes I meant First Time mom!

We are going to CD too, right from the get go!

I am thinking of using the Bummis newborn pack for the first 2 months or so, and then the AMP one size covers with inserts. Any experience with either?

Also, how do you ladies find clothing fits over cloth diapers? I have heard they can make clothing fit a size up!?!? That's not ideal...any thoughts?

I have not used the bummis prefolds but know a lot of parents who have. They are a great inexpensive way to start out. I have collected a lot of pre-loved newborn AIO's and also bought some brand new ones on sale. As for AMP's I used them for a few months along with other kinds but they were not my favorite although so many parents I know swear by them. I would suggest trying a few different brands to get started after the newborn stage. Then you can keep what you like and sell what you don't and you can buy pre-loved if you want to save some money.

When ds was really small his CD's were pretty bulky under some clothing but now that he is bigger I don't notice it at all. I quite often would have him in onsies with babylegs. There are many dipaers that offer a trimmer fit. I still rarely put him in jeans. I try to buy more comfortable fabrics to allow as much movement as possible.

HTH.

Thanks for the advice :) I plan to get a few pre-loved AI1 or AI2 with inserts to try different brands, I won't commit 100% until I get to test them on our little guy.

According to our ultrasound, he is small (10th-50th percentile) but with long legs?!?!? So who knows what body type he will have, LOL.

I have not had any experience with those brands either. I upload a photo of the ones we have for Lucas (new baby) they are just some flip and thirstie covers with indian prefolds and the super cool snappis :winkwink:. I have only One size pocket diapers for my son since we have never had a problem with them but I have heard one size do not fit a newborn till at 10 pounds. I got the prefolds since I was told its easier that way since they poo and pee so much to just take prefold out and wipe of cover ect.

We have about 32 one size pocket diapers that we will use on Lucas and Dominic since Dominic uses those everyday anyways. They sell onesie extenders on Amazon for sure for not too much money. If I have more than one bulky insert in the diaper I have problem snapping the onesie so I would need to go a size up which then fits like a normal. I have no problem getting his right size pants on him. He wears a lot of rompers and tshirts now so Its really not a problem, but I plan on investing in the onesie extenders. :thumbup:

And dont get too discouraged too quickly, we got really lucky with my son having every diaper we have got fit perfectly and only leaking once or twice due to operator error :winkwink: plus finding the right inserts have worked GREAT for us since my only problem was having to change him every 2 hours with just a little pee cause he is a HEAVY wetter. We have pretty cheap diapers though so the inserts they came with werent the best. My friend bought 44 fuzzibunz (expensive!!) diapers and because they did not fit her newborn she just never used cloth again and I got them for $10 a piece. LOVE fuzzibunz!! I have a pack of newborn disposables just in case the ones we have dont fit him till he gets a little chunkier.

Attachments

• lucaspoo.jpg
    lucaspoo.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 4
I have bought a couple of preloved nappies so far and looking into prefolds-- not easily to get here though-- they all seem to prefer non fluffy flats.

There is a thread in natural parenting which discusses the point of fitting clothing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->