***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Daddiesgift- :rofl: you know what youre right are there no more honest people in the world!!! theyre probably just all afraid of the preggo hormones :haha:... Thank you! it will be november here so im hoping its the right thing for her to wear home since our winters are not "normal" winters usually :dohh: I hope it even fits!! im so nervous that she is going to be a big girl her daddy is 6'1 with football player like shoulders and a big head!! :rofl:

I hope you feel better!!!... if youve been in the sun alot lately that could have done it?

Just back from the 20 week scan. Everything is measuring spot on and baby is doing well so all is good. Despite contrary belief we will be having another boy. Yes apparently this household needs more willies. God help me.

Need time to process the info as I so wanted a girl and this was our last chance. We had a name for a girl picked out and everything but no clue for a boy. It's a relief to know at last though - I can finally start making plans! xx

Thanks hun. My dh just said he likes the name albert. I hope he's joking.

Congratulations on your boy FishandChips - glad all is well in there

xxx

Name?
Andrea

How old are you?

Whats your EDD, How have you figued that date?
November 2 nd (from ultrasound)

What # child is this for you?

Do you predict you're carrying a boy or girl?
Predicted it was a girl but ITS A BOY

Are you finding out the gender?
Already have

How many months were you TTC?
Wasnt really trying but def not preventing. I have never been on BC before and my husband and I were married for 2 years before getting pregnant

I'm 20 weeks tomorrow and get my next ultrasound/gender scan this Friday! So excited! Can't wait to find out!
I was a little Leary about finding out in case they made a mistake, I've heard it happen to sooooo many ppl but because they're monitoring me more closely I'm getting monthly ultrasounds so I figure they can't be wrong multiple times, by diff techs! So now I'm just excited to find out. I'll be happy either way but kinda hoping for a girl as I already have a stepson. Dh thinks girl, most other ppl r predicting boy.

We shall see....

Fish & Chips- I'm sorry you didnt get your girl, i felt the same exact way. All we can do is be happy that our babies are healthy. :) I can't wait to see my baby boy.

Just wanted to pop in and say we had our 20 week scan and all is great. We are having a little boy - very excited to meet him.

Good luck to anyone else up for their scans in the coming weeks.

Good luck to all the ones with scans coming up and congrats to all the team :blue: I had a dream last night, so vivid that I gave birth and I got to see what he looks like. Odd enough he looked a lot like me and had red hair like my son! Then I woke up to pee for the 15th time and was hoping to go back to bed and resume that dream but instead I dreamed new baby was kidnapped ect. A really horrible one at that.

We are really curious to see what he may look like. My son looks just like my husband with my cuteness of course :winkwink: My husband and I are both blondes, being a dirty blonde now and as a kid and my husband having white hair till he was about 18 then it turned darker we were very surprised when our son came out with bright red hair! and its staying since his eyebrows and eye lashes are red too, we are very curious to see what this babies hair color is!

Welcome sweetdrea. and daddiesgift, We had the same but in reverse- were much more versed into male names and my oh was sure it was a boy :haha: - We have nearly settle sfor a girls name though now :D (as it is a girl)

Any chance your baby is lieing on you bladder at night? :haha: I don't have to get uo at night at all so far . :haha:

Sjbenefield - Wow no I didn't know that!? That's such a good idea!

Fishnchips - Congrats on :blue: - two boys really are lovely! Mine are the best of friends (yes they fight sometimes) but they cuddle and kiss each other, play together, laugh at each other, and have a real bond. Same as my two brothers! :)

Morri - lovely picture!

Boofle .... is wrapping worth it? Like what are the benefits? My boys are still quite young nad whilst, Stephen tries to walk with us he does get tired, and I REFUSE to buy a triple pram (especially as I can't even push a single/double one properly lol). Therefore, we were looking at babywearing her? Can you just use the ones they sell in the shop like the baby carriers? Sorry really am clueless on this sort of thing lol.

Well, we had a busy day yesterday, MIL had the boys overnight on Sunday night, so me and OH got a lie in until HALF 10!!!! Was lovely :) She took us for lunch and then we went back to hers, and SIL's friend had given her loads of bags of girls clothes for us, so we went through them and picked out some amazing stuff! Which is really handy as a lot of it doesn't even look worn and, it means we don't have to watch our pennies so much :) (Still will shop but not as much!) hehe. Then MIL said she'd babysit at ours for us to go to the music quiz with SIL, but it was cancelled so we went for a thai meal instead. WAS AMAZING! Am quite fussy with food, but this was gorgeous.

Also .... when are we supposed to pay attention to fetal movements? She's been quiet hte last couple of days - even after a spicy red curry :haha:

What are everyone's plans for today?

i think you start counting at 28 weeks +. this week one day my bub was real quiet then the next day he moved allll dayy. i think at this point they have more room too so they could be moving technically but we might not feel it as much. thats why they suggest 28 weeks because there is less room :)

Charlie - I'm just getting in to the babywearing thing, but to me it makes sense with regards to being able to do stuff around the house with a newborn (especially if you have children already - you can tank after them, and little one is protected from overzealous sibling love/the odd whack) and for breastfeeding as well, both in the house and out and about. It's also meant to be be good for spine development and prevention of 'flat head', as well as general bonding and babies are meant to be generally contenter. There is a huge range of different wraps and slings - some suitable from birth, some that are better for bigger babies.

For this little one, I'm getting a lend of a Moby wrap from one of the girls on here (stretchy wrap that is good for newborns), and I have ordered a woven wrap (there are a huge amount of brands, but the best ones seems to be didymos, natibaby, neobulle, storchenwiege, ellevill, and oscha) that can be used from birth to toddlerhood. I'm probably also going to get a ring sling for breastfeeding with which seems to be the easiest one to do this in. The baby carriers that you will see in shops like Baby Bjorns are often forward facing, and have been shown to put a lot of strain on baby's pelvis/hips which aren't advisable.

There is so much choice - and the wraps/slings come in beautiful colours and patterns, so it's hard to decide :rofl:

I don't think we are meant to really pay attention to fetal movements till 24 weeks, and then be keeping an eye on regular movements from about 27 weeks. My wee man was a bit quiet over the weekend, but had a very kicky day yesterday :haha: They are still small at this point, so it's nothing to worry about :hugs:

xxx

I dont think this baby just lays on my bladder, he dances on it, kicks it, cuddles it! I pee ALL day long. I say at least twice an hour during the day and at least 4 times during the night. I blame half of that on me drinking more water and the other half on the baby. At our scan Friday doctor asked me if I have to go a lot so I guess he could see why I may need to :haha: I feel him kick my bladder and my cervix a lot.

Went to the gym this morning and it was actually really nice! One other person there and all the windows were open so there was a nice breeze. You can tell I have not gone in a few months but over all I did pretty well! Came home and my son had a big purple knot on his head :nope: Leave him alone for an hour with dad and come back and he is bruised! My husband said he thinks he fell off the baby gate, you guys have so much to look forward too :winkwink: He is a climber and now he has learned if he climbs up the baby gate he can get to the other side :wacko: About to head to a play group for my son. Once a month we do a potluck type thing so thank goodness I did go to the gym, everyone always brings desserts..my weakness :haha:

Well done on getting to the gym, but booo to your wee dude's bruised head :( Glad he is alright though

xxx

my scan went well. was measuring a bit behind, which i needs to be looked at closer.. i have a medical disorder that could be affecting it. nothing bad though!!

funny enough his legs measured 3 weeks ahead haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->