***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

I don't work out ... but make sure I go for walks etc with the boys - that's like a huge workout for me :haha:

Bethan - why do you want an ELC over a VBAC? If that's what you really want then make sure you make it clear and don't let them try to overpower :

Because I don't want the short notice general anaesthetic that comes with an EMCS if I need one. I have to have a gen and I want to be able to prepare myself for it. The idea of another surprise one is scary :'(

I've continued working out since about 11 weeks, I was just far too tired for most of the 1st tri. Now it's mainly bike, elliptical, some free weights and core stability work. Mind you having said all of that I haven't done any of that for 3 weeks as have been on holiday for 2 weeks and have had a crazy week since getting back. But I will be getting back into it on Sunday once night shifts are done with! I think it will be harder now as my bump is so much bigger than it was 3 weeks ago, it properly popped while away :) so I may start swimming soon which I have been told is great in the 3rd tri.

Bethan - why do you want an ELC over a VBAC? If that's what you really want then make sure you make it clear and don't let them try to overpower :

Because I don't want the short notice general anaesthetic that comes with an EMCS if I need one. I have to have a gen and I want to be able to prepare myself for it. The idea of another surprise one is scary :'(

aww yeah then you need to do what you're happy and comfortable with :hugs:

Is swimming in pregnancy good for your joints? Like will it help with hip/back pain?

I don't work out, I was playing cricket, but I havent been playing since I fell pregnant. I still use my bike a lot though.

aww yeah then you need to do what you're happy and comfortable with :hugs:

Is swimming in pregnancy good for your joints? Like will it help with hip/back pain?

Yes it's great as it's non weight bearing. It will also strengthen your back so help support your bump as it grows. the only thing to be careful with is if you have SPD which is causing hip pain, if that's the case then you shouldn't swim breaststroke but you can still do other strokes OK. It also helps the baby engage later on in pregnancy. Think I'm going to start before getting to 3rd tri.

Swimming is marvelous...until you have to get out and gravity takes back over. :haha:

I'm addicted to swimming!

Ahhhh of course working out had to come up the day after I skipped out on the gym. LOL. I have been going once a week plus prenatal yoga once a week, but yesterday I let myself out of the gym date...now the guilt. Hahaha.

I love working out (pre-pregnancy) but now I just find it so unfulfilling. I used to attend classes and got SUCH a great workout but now I just do the elliptical and weights and never feel like I really get a good workout because I only push to about 75% of my pre-pregnancy limit. So it has been hard to maintain because I don't get much out of it.

I definitely plan to remain as active as I can (swimming, hiking, walking) up until the end but I may freeze my gym membership because it is simply not doing it for me!

On another note...came across a great article today, thought it was worth sharing:

https://babycalm.wordpress.com/2012...y-your-newborn-is-only-happy-in-your-arms-30/

daddiesgift- Welcome to AZ! Are you wanting to see an OB or would you prefer midwifery care? There are quite a few different midwives up in that area, but I'm not quite sure what insurance they take. Has Gilbert seen any monsoon rains since you've been here?

Not sure where Gilbert is :) I'm in Sierra Vista about 1.5 hours south of Tuscon. It's usually cool in morning and night, super hot around noon and raining everyday I've been here around 4pm lol. I haven't seen any bad wind yet just pouring rain and very pretty lighting! My back yard floods after every rain but by morning it's dry again!

I don't mind midwife or doctor. A midwife delivered my son doctor only came in to stitch me up and test baby. I'm still deciding whether I want to be seen here in town at regional hospital or go to Tuscon to somewhere fancy. I was told insurance would cover almost anywhere. As long they are nice, clean, delivered at least a few babies I don't mind going to them! I just NEED an epidural this time so that's a must :winkwink: I'm really confused on this whole go to doctor you want then hospital you want and doctor will be there? I thought doctor had to work at hospital you want to deliver in. Idk!

How many of you ladies work out on a regular basis while pregnant? I was pretty consistent with my workouts before I got pregnant (at least 3 times a week, but usually more), but after the 1st tri insomnia and just total lack of energy from that point I really let my routine slip. I just started getting up in the mornings again and getting on the elliptical for 30 minutes. I can definitely tell a difference in my energy levels already. Hopefully it's something I'll be able to keep up for at least the next 15 weeks if not until I go into labor.

I was same as you before pregnancy going 3+ days then stopped when morning sickness came. When I started again I could tell big difference I think it has to be the excess blood we are pumping. I'm out of breath do easily now and even get light headed if I stand too long! But I'm trying to stay as active as Possible till baby comes that way it's not so hard to get back at it after birth.

I'm happy to just have enough energy to stay on the elliptical for 30 minutes! I wish I were a better swimmer... growing up we did have a pool, but it was a sports pool so it was only 4 feet deep the whole way across... a little more shallow on the ends. So, I never really learned to swim... I can float with the best of 'em, but swim... eh, not so much. I should probably incorporate some light weight lifting for my arms and possibly some yoga. I'll have to look into some prenatal videos while I'm out this weekend.

a sports pool that is only 4 feet? Here sports pools have a deep and a low side(starts from about 1 m to 3.80 m. (or if it has a ten m dive tower it is about 5 m)

Well, they called it a sports pool, but that could have just been the builder's terms... by sports pool they meant a pool that you could play volleyball in (so each team could stand on either side of the net)

Ok I know I've already mentioned names on here but I still need help!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/1103645-help-baby-boy-names.html

Who was start baby's room?
I have not as I am moving in this weekend with baby's father this weekend

We have made some progress...moved all other crap that was in there and organized/cleared out the room. It's now 100% empty. We are cleaning the carpets this weekend (in the whole house, fun stuff!!!!!) and then DH is painting next weekend!

August will be all about setting up furniture and decorating :)

I've got the babies' room mural and walls painted, two of three cribs assembled, and the dresser and changing table set with some clothes and diapers. I've three bouncers occupying one of the cribs, and just don't have a clue what to do now or where to put everything else.

Our lil bean will be sharing a room with his older bro, at this point all we've done is made room for the crib haha we don't want to do anything to early to confuse my stepson but we want to do things early enough to prepare him for a new roommate moving in so we plan to start things over the summer soon.

On another note I just ate way to much sushi (only the cooked variety) my belly feels like it is exploding! It feels stretched to its max and attempting to stretch further soooooooo uncomfortable!!! :( could just be a conncidence that I just ate and I'm feeling this could just be I'm growing again but aghhhhh! Haha

So fun to hear all the baby room plans! And kudos to you ladies who are working out!! I walk with my son on the farm we live on but other than that I run my butt off doing 12 hour days in the emergency department haha that's my exercise!

I think I'm going to just do a Diapers and wipes shower since we have SO much from my son already thankfully... Have to decide when, I agree that early is better especially first time moms because then you have time to set up everything before you are too big to want to do anything! :haha:

We are relocated to my parent's lake house for the weekend for a family reunion and then we are off to charleston, SC to stay with my brother and wife for the week for vacation!! 15 minutes from the beach and I can't WAIT. I am a little nervous about the 7 hour drive... :wacko: don't know how my wiggly toddler is going to handle being strapped in for so long. Wish me luck!
Hope you all have a fun weekend!

P.s. I am feeling SUPER SIZED lately haha not sure what happened this past week, but man is my belly big! And baby Judah is getting stronger everyday, even my brother felt him rolling around last night :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->