***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

How many of you ladies work out on a regular basis while pregnant? I was pretty consistent with my workouts before I got pregnant (at least 3 times a week, but usually more), but after the 1st tri insomnia and just total lack of energy from that point I really let my routine slip. I just started getting up in the mornings again and getting on the elliptical for 30 minutes. I can definitely tell a difference in my energy levels already. Hopefully it's something I'll be able to keep up for at least the next 15 weeks if not until I go into labor.

I've been doing 20 mins on an exercise bike and 30 mins swimming every day during 2nd tri, really enjoying it and hoping to keep it up as long as I can, particularly the swimming x

CharlieKeys I find that bizarre that the hv has told you that. Harry never took a dummy and his speech isn't great but some of his Nct friends still have dummies and they're speaking really well. I think it's far too early to be concerned and I certainly don't think a dummy would have anything to do with it. Oh also the good talkers are all girls - I've heard that boys can take longer. X

Is Harry a similar age to Stephen? It is weird, I thought his speech was fine, his words are pretty clear - I mean he says 'copter' for 'helicopter' etc, but he isn't even 2 yet! I gave in and he had it to go to bed today, but other than that he hasn't had it all day - so really proud of him :)

Charlie- My oldest daughter didnt give up hers until she was 2 and 2 months. I didnt have to push it, she just gave it up. I stopped offering it, and put it up when she wasn't using it, but other than that, it was all her to get rid of it. My ped actually suggested we use it because she was a teeth grinder. Her speech was never delayed or troubled. And, yeah, boys develop speech later than girls, so I wouldn't worry at all. My 3 year old still calls helicopters copters. :thumbup: nothing weird about that. Your son is most likely developing just fine..:thumbup:

Viable day, 24 weeks. The day doctors will attempt to save our LOs should the unthinkable happen. Let's all keep cooking till well after 28 weeks, shall we? ;)

It's babies viability day, from that point on each week they have a higher chance of living outside you if you had to give birth. For some reason I thought it was 26 weeks

Actually in Germany they would try to save baby at any time if it has any chances of survival , which happens as of the official guidelines from 22 weeks on but better chances of survival are from 24 weeks on and ahead,
they are results from a swedish study with 332 premature children:
Code:
finished week        survival rate
23rd week                   0%
24th week                   19%
25th week                   32%
26th week                   49%
27th week                   64%
28th week                   79%
29th week                   86%
30th week                   90%
31st week                   94%
32nd week                   96%

these are the German guidelines(recommendation of the society of perinataloggist, neonatalogists, pediatrics and gynaecologist etc. to the treatment of very premature born )
(https://www.gnpi.de/wir/stellung/extremfrueh.htm)
before 22 weeks on (completed 22) won't be viable but the child has to be looked at to see if there is an obvious sign that it is more developed than that (like 21 +5 but developmentally 22 +5 for example)
between 22 weeks and 23 +5
chances of survival raise by 50 % but 20 -30% of children may suffer from severe mental or physical disability.
24 weeks and later 60 to 80 % have chances of survival(study from 1995-1997)

How are all the UK ladies doing in this heat?? It's 28* here today and my body isn't coping very well! Booooo! :(

It's been over 100 degrees here for the last week (110 yesterday!!) Today is only supposed to reach 96, thankfully (who would have thought I'd be thankful for 96?!?). If I didn't have so much to do today, I'd definitely be going by the inlaws to jump in their pool!

It is a wonderufl day here too. 25 degrees, sunny wonderul :) not humid at all here, and I have done 3 loads of washing(including two loads of bed linen and covers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->