***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

I'm finding it hard just to keep in touch with existing friends. Over the two years, and last year especially, my life has changed quite a lot and I've gone from no kids....to a toddler stepson, teenage special needs foster daughter and now pregnant . I've found a couple friends have just disappeared. Guess they don't get where I'm at or want to fit into it I dunno. Sucks though.
But I hope once baby comes I can join some local groups and meet some new mommy friends!

On another note anyone feeling that nesting urge?! Omg I am and I'm trying to suppress it! I want to set up the crib, wash and put away clothes and get everything ready for the baby! I really can't though because baby and my stepson are going to share a room and we don't want to do things to early. By ahhhh it's hard not too :(

F & C - we have joined up with NCT. First session starts beginning of Sept.

Lilbean - me too! I am also trying to suppress the urges at the mo. I do however have soo much to do before we can actually start buying furniture and bedding.
I also need to sort through all the clothes I've bought to see where the gaps are and what I still need to buy.
And then there are the birthing and hospital bags that need to be packed.
EEEKKKK so much to do and only weeks to get it all done!

Glad I'm not alone! Haha all the clothes I have are already sorted, so I could get a little outa my system haha! By didn't help!

Have any of you UK ladies joined up to an NCT group? I would say I now have 7 very close friends through my NCT group whom I see at least once a week if not more.

Charlie where abouts in Essex are you?

x

Urm I live near Chelmsford :) Are you near essex then?

lilbean ... YES! I never got the nesting urge with the boys, but lately all I want to do is tidy and clean. My house would be spotless if I wasn't so tired lol. Today, I've done, 4 bouts of washing up, one load of washing, cleaned and swept my kitchen, sorted out the boys room, sorted out all the toys in the living room, cleaned the dining table, changed the bed sheets, made dinner ... just need to sweep the living room floor and iron some of OH's work shirts and DONE for the day :haha: ... This is in between play time with the boys too. Usually get them to help tidy with me, but make it into a game :)

I had a look on the NCt website at antenatal lessons but it seemed to be pretty expensive, Do they do baby groups too? Xx

Yes it's not cheap (they only do antenatal classes) but if you can't afford it they can often reduce the fee or allow you to pay in installments as they are a charity after all. Although I didn't take too much from the classes I made the most amazing friends so it was totally invaluable. It's been 2 years almost to the day since I met them and they are now probably my closest friends.

An hour isn't far away at all!

I'm being very naughty tonight - I made sausage casserole but when I went to eat it, it made me gag (not my cooking, but my body has real issues lately with eating proper dinners) .... so I ordered a Domino's !! It's sooooo yummy!

Aghh I LOVE Dominos but we moved house in October and we're now in a place they don't deliver to! It's my own personal hell ;)

Lilbean yep I've been nesting like crazy! I've wallpapered a wall in our bedroom single handedly plus stripped wallpaper off another and repainted. Plus I've started painting the kitchen and dyed the curtains. My dh has told me to stop and that he'll do the rest but I doubt it will get done any time soon so I might just crack on! Still need to strip wallpaper off in the baby's room and redecorate plus my son's room could do with some work. I just worry I'll run out of steam midway through!

I'm jealous of you nesting ladies :( I feel the urge, not as bad as with my son where I was scrubbing nursery floor with tooth brush :haha: but where I feel rushed and need to get things done! Unfortunately the movers just picked up our things in Germany so it will be two months at least till we get our things. Then a mad dash to set up new babies room and the whole house!! 17 weeks seems right around the corner and his room is completely empty!! And with my son he came at 37 weeks so it could be 14 weeks! Thinking about it makes me want to hyperventilate ;)

I use to be the manager at a Dominos when I was 18... Think I ate there everyday! I wanted to order pizza earlier but decided to walk to grocery store instead. Chicken veggie Alfredo pasta and French bread topped the pizza idea and it was amazing!

I unfortunately bought a couple candy bars :nope: since I'm a candy addict but I'm thinking the walk will counter act the candy :rofl:

I wish I hadn't eaten it now ..... Feel so ill! :haha: Oh well leftover casserole for dinner tomorrow!!

I want to sweep my floor but to tired now :(

Wow 2 months to get your stuff over here?! That seems like a long time Daddiesgift?!

Yeah they take their time :) we hope it's sooner tho! We are in USA western at that so its going to take awhile. When we moved in Germany we shipped our stuff in June and received September :( easier then no kids! Our car has to be 52 days or less so that will be nice!

I'm doing the ante natal NCT classes starting mid sept, have heard that the best thing about them is to meet other mums to be...hopfully some non judgemental non competitive ones!!

You ladies are making me really want to do the NCT classes! I might havE another look at them an have a chat with OH about the cost! Xoxo

hearing what some of you have accomplished so far is making me more motivated to get off my butt now and get moving!
I have so much to do today so that I can get started in the nursery tomorrow. I really want to get started there, particularly sorting out what clothes I have already and what I still need to get for her. And then to get started on our hospital bags.
I'm really getting excited now!!

Antenatal classes are paid by the health insurance here,

The NHS also do some antenatal classes in the UK for free. I don't know what they're like though.

I heard the NHS antenatal classes are very basic with lots more people - +/- 15 couples! where as NCT are always less than 10 couples.

I dont think we will bother with the NHS classes

I've never been to any antenatal classes ... I sort of wish I had and at the same time glad I didn't lol!

We also need to start thinking about hospital bags ... Just so they're ready to go when we need them, but it's effort trying to remember what I need again!

Ditto to that Charlie!! Now that I'm back from our babymoon and the case is still out I want to start on the hospital bag.

Does anyone know if hospitals are fussy about the kind of bag we use? I'm inclined to use a medium size wheelie holiday bag.

Any advice / does and don'ts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->