***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Ohhh random comment but I wish I lived anywhere but here, it's lonely!! I have no mama friends nearby :(

:hugs: Have you thought about joining some baby/toddler groups? I've found my social life has actually *improved* since having a baby, because I've met so many new people through joining baby groups.

Ohhh random comment but I wish I lived anywhere but here, it's lonely!! I have no mama friends nearby :(

:hugs: Have you thought about joining some baby/toddler groups? I've found my social life has actually *improved* since having a baby, because I've met so many new people through joining baby groups.

I have looked into a few but there aren't many that I like and they're not very good. I tried to use the 'meet a mum' thing from another site but it's just like there's nobody around here! I don't have any non-mama friends either. Aside from online folk I see occasionally. It's rubbish here.

Hello ladies,
We're back from an exceptionally hot Paris!! 42'C/108!!! The place is gorgeous but we are glad to be back in a cooler UK!

No to catch up on all the missed news from this week!

Awe, Bethan - I know how that feels. I moved to my current city only knowing 1 person in the entire city! I felt horribly alone for a long while before I met DH and we started dating. He grew up in the area so he took me all over so I would know the city better and after I got out and about I started meeting new people and making friends. I know it'll change once baby gets here, too... my friends aren't into the family thing yet and I know I'll have to readjust and get back out there. Hopefully you and I can both find some momma groups that will be good for us!

Aw Bethan - I know how you feel. I wanted to meet up with some friends today, went through my phone list and could find no one. I'm hoping this all changes when baba arrives.

I'm loving all the bump pics - you all look gorgeous and glowing. Will see if I can add a pic DF took of me in the week somewhere in Paris!

Here come 2 pics -

https://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w346/strirrel/Paris/Picture048-1.jpg
Saw this on the Sunday - final leg of Tour De France and had to get it for Speckle

https://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w346/strirrel/Paris/251927_10151720015340288_556621778_n1.jpg
Notre Dame in the background - Loved that place!! So beautiful inside and out!!
Sorry for the frown - sun was shining in my eyes

Awe, Bethan - I know how that feels. I moved to my current city only knowing 1 person in the entire city! I felt horribly alone for a long while before I met DH and we started dating. He grew up in the area so he took me all over so I would know the city better and after I got out and about I started meeting new people and making friends. I know it'll change once baby gets here, too... my friends aren't into the family thing yet and I know I'll have to readjust and get back out there. Hopefully you and I can both find some momma groups that will be good for us!

I didn't find anything last time and I've moved maybe...10 minutes up the road, it's hard because I'm supposed to be working (and no maternity leave) so there is genuinely no time to do anything :( - boo hoo etc! Just seeing a friend once a week would be AMAZING but no such luck! x

Aw Bethan - I know how you feel. I wanted to meet up with some friends today, went through my phone list and could find no one. I'm hoping this all changes when baba arrives.

It's hard isn't it - I know a lot of people do really really well once baby is here and they can get involved with baby groups, I just live in a crappy old place haha! x

i cant find any mommy groups around here... i've been searching for any place around me and nothing comes up :(

Gorgeous bumps ladies! :D

I don't have any mummy friends here either, but I live in a country where I'm still learning the language. Thankfully my job has helped with that :) Hopefully I'll start meeting mummy friends once my son starts daycare next month and when little lady is here. I know there's a baby group, I just have no idea where :haha:

Happy weekend ladies! xx

Oh Bethan :hugs: I know how you feel - on Tuesday when they went for their naps I was sobbing my eyes out because I had no one to text or ask to go to the park with the children. No one talks to me at groups and they all look at me with this "I feel so sorry for you" look; all because my boys run around a lot and I'm constantly chasing them. Not because they're naughty, but they're very inquisitive and Henry puts EVERYTHING in his mouth (paint, glue, food, dirt, snails - you name it). They're typical boys. Plus, since moving back to our home town,people there used to pick on me at school and to be honest, I want nothing to do with them. Hopefully, you'll find a nicer group and make lots of mummy friends, but it is SO hard - especially when a lot of mum's are SO competitive and make everything into 'my way is right, your way is wrong' :(

LOVELY bumps ladies!! :) :)

(Last day in triple digits today!!!!! :D :D )

skweek - how'd you cope in the heat?! Glad you had a lovely time in Paris! :)

skweek, love the baby tour de france babygro, very cute!

I've heard motherhood can be lonely, having not yet experience it yet i am hoping I can make some friends with non competitive mummies or daddies!! Can some mums really be that bad?? I have lots of friends around here as grew up not far from here so I'm lucky but my closest friend and godchildren are all moving up north in a month...so sad we've known each other since we were 7 :(

the heat - well lots of water and a few ice-creams. Oh then back to the hotel by 4pm to shower and freshen up.
Glad to be back in more a temperate climate

charlie - some can be. You get a lot of 'oh my baby is only 3 months and can do this' ... and you can tell most mum's are sitting there like 'yeah right', but then some panic thinking 'well my baby is 7 months and not doing that yet'. Some mum's you meet can be lovely and nothing like that at all. Just depends really

Have any of you UK ladies joined up to an NCT group? I would say I now have 7 very close friends through my NCT group whom I see at least once a week if not more.

Charlie where abouts in Essex are you?

x

Oh Bethan :hugs: I know how you feel - on Tuesday when they went for their naps I was sobbing my eyes out because I had no one to text or ask to go to the park with the children. No one talks to me at groups and they all look at me with this "I feel so sorry for you" look; all because my boys run around a lot and I'm constantly chasing them. Not because they're naughty, but they're very inquisitive and Henry puts EVERYTHING in his mouth (paint, glue, food, dirt, snails - you name it). They're typical boys. Plus, since moving back to our home town,people there used to pick on me at school and to be honest, I want nothing to do with them. Hopefully, you'll find a nicer group and make lots of mummy friends, but it is SO hard - especially when a lot of mum's are SO competitive and make everything into 'my way is right, your way is wrong' :(

LOVELY bumps ladies!! :) :)

(Last day in triple digits today!!!!! :D :D )

charlie - some can be. You get a lot of 'oh my baby is only 3 months and can do this' ... and you can tell most mum's are sitting there like 'yeah right', but then some panic thinking 'well my baby is 7 months and not doing that yet'. Some mum's you meet can be lovely and nothing like that at all. Just depends really

All of that ^ :haha: I've found good friends becoming a mother but there are those out there that make play groups/mommy groups horrible. I've also never met so many judgemental group of people till I started hanging with mothers. There is no right or wrong way to raise a child, you do what fits yours. And the one upping mothers are worst!

I had a look on the NCt website at antenatal lessons but it seemed to be pretty expensive, Do they do baby groups too? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->