***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

I've managed to book onto an NCT course! I'm so excited, it starts this Thursday! There were two courses, one on Thursday's and one on Tuesday's, OH sometimes works Tuesday evenings so I opted for the thursday one. The lady said it's a little early but there's another lady on the course who's due in the 6th November, so a few days later than me, I'm due in the 2nd.

So we start Thursday at 7.30 I think, and due to their generous student discount we only pay 13.30 for the whole course, yay yay. Thanks for your help F&C! Xxx

I've gained 14lbs - just weighed myself. I'm happy with that! With my second I was already nearly on 28lbs by this point.

Sharon that's great news!! I hope you make lots of new friends there xx

Cridge - you've already registered?? AAHH!! I haven't even thought about it...

Mrs. - No, I haven't pre-registered at the hospital yet, but my doc told me to go ahead at 24 weeks. I just feel like it's still a bit early, so I'll probably wait until closer to 28 weeks... or maybe 30.

I HAVE, however, registered at Babies R Us. :haha: I was with a couple of good friends over the weekend and they wanted to help me register, so I have that checked off my list! :thumbup:

Why do you have to register at a hospital?

Here our midwife says where do you wanna give birth? You choose ... she phones up at about 36 (or maybe 34..) weeks and books you in

charliekeys - it's just a convenience thing. You can fill out all the paperwork when you get to the hospital, or you can pre-register, where you fill out all the paperwork beforehand so you're not filling it out while you're in labor. Some states/hospitals require it and others don't.

I registered at Babies R Us this weekend, too! My sister has 2 kids so she went with me to help. It was a little overwhelming, but not as bad as I thought it'd be. I never realized how much stuff you actually need for baby! I'm sure a lot of the items are "nice to haves" and not really necessities, but still... it's quite a lot!

Now I just need to focus on the nursery and see if we can finish that in the next month, so when my baby showers start in September I won't be completely overwhelmed. We've also just booked our 3D sonogram for September 15! I can't wait to see his little face!! :)

I think places like Babies R Us does a great job at making you think you need a lot more for baby than you really do. :haha: But I also think it takes actually having a baby of your own to know exactly what YOU'll want and "need".

We also started our nursery this weekend. I ordered a crib last week and it was delivered while I was out of town. I wasn't expecting to put it up so quickly, but I think dh was anxious, which I love. So the crib is up.... need to go buy paint today and get that started!

Sharonfruit - 13.30 for all 6 sessions! I wish they would accept my student card! (anything for a discount heehee) I didnt even mention to them that I have a student card in the end as both DF and I work full time they would never even consider it!

As for how much weight I've picked up ... One day my scales tell me I've picked up 20lbs and the next 15 lbs! So I give up!! Just hoping I can breast feed to help get my figure back really quickly. I have my first wedding dress fitting at the end of January! They called me 2 weeks ago wanting to see me now already - uumm NO cant do that right now! No ways I will fit into that corsetted wedding dress with this bump!! Teehee!

AFM - I'm totally shattered now! Have spent all day (spring)cleaning our house! Yes it's not that big but I usually do it over 2 days - because I'm lazy like that! But doing all the house work and 2 loads of washing in one day! No wonder my hips hurt and I'm just about falling sleep here now!!
Just waiting for DF to get home to put the clean duvet cover on so I can go to bed! The least I can ask him to do! teehee

Sharonfruit - 13.30 for all 6 sessions! I wish they would accept my student card! (anything for a discount heehee) I didnt even mention to them that I have a student card in the end as both DF and I work full time they would never even consider it!

When I called the lady and asked about the student discount she said all I had to do was email the bookings department telling them I'm a student under the age of 22. She said I didn't need any documentation or anything like that! I wasnt too sure, because my OH works full-time and is a high earner, but you do have to be under 22. xxx

oh well there we go - don't think I can pass for being 22 again! A mature student at 36 - think they might laugh at me :haha:

So we have officially registered at babies r us and TJs :)
It was so fun to go around and pick out all the awesome things we'd love to have for lil bean! Now to be surprised with what we actually receive!

I've also registered at the hospital.

Feel like I got a few things in order now! :)

We got to see our baby girl today! She already fills my heart with joy just seeing her little face.
Lanay 3D 2.png

Hope everyone is feeling well :)

great pic ashley!! so adorable!!!

today i got yet another nasty look from a stranger when seeing my bump. i am short and i guess look young. i havent been doing my hair really (bun!) and no make-up today and i guess my 25 year old self looked 16. she said "that sucks", just loud enough for me to hear. what is wrong with people.. i would never pass judgement.. not on a 16 year old, 26 year old... 45 year old... i get glared at out at the stores everytime..

i give a huge bitch smile and keep walking... :winkwink:

wishful - some people can be so rude!! :(

Ashley - what a great pic!! She looks gorgeous :) I love the 3D scans ... in fact I may have to beg the OH to let us get one done this time.

i think my husband might celebrate our wedding anniversary this year by getting a 3D scan... :) we will see!

Aww ashley - so cute!! I have my 4d scan on the 14th - can't wait! xxx

so cute Ashley. Wishful just ignore them...ignorance!! i get the same not because i look 16 (i wish ) but because my OH is Asian, some people see my bump then see us and give us the glare with the odd comment....i have to bite my tongue, but luckily it usually doesn't happen in london where peeps see bi racial couples and babies all the time and that's where we'll be living and, now i think staying too. they can sod off!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->