***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

I was told that the fourth dimension is sound. We only get 2D scans, and could see our baby somersaulting, kicking and moving hands around vigorously :)

Just googled the difference between 3 and 4D scans, and the information seems to say that the 4th dimension is movement? That does confuse me!!

it is called 4 D because the fourth dimension is time.

Hi ladies!!

Our buggy has arrived at my SIL's :happydance: And our nursery furniture should be arriving today :wohoo: All very exciting xxx

Yay for furniture, Boofle! I am so excited for my mom to come visit next weekend, as she will be bringing the rest of the nursery furniture with her :) I can't wait to have it all put together!!! MIL should have the bedding done by then, too! So exciting :)

Also, just thought I'd point out that it is officially AUGUST!!!!!!! OMG, where did the time go?! Just a few more months, ladies :)

The time is going by so fast! How much time is everyone taking off if you're working?

I'm taking off 3 months. Doesn't seem long enough, but I love my job and don't want to risk losing it!

So this is where I get confused since it's my first baby. Are you taking 3 months off after you have your baby or does this also include the time that the doctor recommends that you stop working? Sorry for the millions of questions.

3 months after baby. If for any reason I have to stop working before I go into labor, my short term disability will cover it. So, basically short term disability will cover any bed rest, plus the 6 or 8 weeks required to heal and bond after delivery (6 weeks for natural, 8 weeks for c-section). After that time I have to apply for FMLA which would add on an additional 6 weeks.

Thank you, i understand now. Do you know how much they actually pay for disability and family leave?

everyones short term disability is different. I work in a commission based industry, so my pay while on short term will be 60% of my salary from August to August (not quite sure why August??). After that, while on FMLA, I will not get paid at all... all FMLA does is grant you time off and secure your position so you have a job to come back to.

Hmmm. intereresting. I guess I need to look into that. My job doesn't really know since I work in a small dental office. Thanks for the info!

You're welcome! I'm still working out the details with my office too (I'm the first woman in this office in 6 years to have a baby!), so I know what a pain it can be to try and figure everything out!

I so know what you mean - August already!! Just 3 months left now!! WOW time has really flown by!!! Seems like just yesterday we were all announcing our BFP's!!

As I'm in teacher in the UK I get up to a year off, but I will only be taking 40 weeks off. Any more time off and I don't get paid. So will only take the 40 weeks off which works really well, as I will go back to work for 3 days and then summer holidays start again! So back just in time to kick start my full salary again.

Perfect timing skweek! I am a teacher in Canada, although I don't have a regular continuing contract which means I work semester to semester *hoping* I get temporary contracts! It kinda sucks, but I will likely have a permanent job within 3-5 years. If I ever don't get a contract I just work on call as a sub.

So far for Sept I don't have anything lined up, but there is a good chance I will get something by mid-end of Sept. If so, I can take leave from that and get 95% of my pay for 17 weeks then just onto regular Canadian mat leave at 55% of my average pay for another 35 weeks.

If I don't find anything by mid Sept I will likely go on leave early and just have the 55% of my average over the past 6 months...that wouldn't be ideal but I am certainly grateful for it!

No matter what I will be home until next Oct/Nov. Ladies who are back to work by 3 months...I can't imagine, I wish there was another alternative for you. I guess it will bring extra challenges but I am sure you will all kick a$$ at both anyways :thumbup:

wow arent teachers in canada taken on by the state? sounds like a sucking situation-

Each municipality has a school district that hires teachers and runs public schools. I am an employee of my local school district, but the jobs are based on contracts...either temp or continuing. Temporary is usually semester to semester and continuing is permanent (unless you are laid off). Getting jobs is based on seniority so as soon as you have accrued enough you usually get a continuing job. I am just not there yet because I live in a VERY popular area and there's a lot of competition!

Starting out is tough, it takes years but it is an investment and it will pay off...or so I keep telling myself, LOL.

Ladies who are back to work by 3 months...I can't imagine, I wish there was another alternative for you. I guess it will bring extra challenges but I am sure you will all kick a$$ at both anyways :thumbup:

3 months is actually pretty long for maternity leave here. Most people only take 6-8 weeks. I'm fortunate enough to be in a financial situation where I can take the max amount off unpaid... anymore than what they allow and my job won't be here waiting for me. Thankfully my boss has children and understands how demanding being a new parent can be, so he's already told me he'll work with my new schedule to make things easier.

Wow August already!! It's flying by!

Ashley ... just noticed your ticker has moved up a box!!!!! You're in the final 3 months now! :)

Ladies who are back to work by 3 months...I can't imagine, I wish there was another alternative for you. I guess it will bring extra challenges but I am sure you will all kick a$$ at both anyways :thumbup:

3 months is actually pretty long for maternity leave here. Most people only take 6-8 weeks. I'm fortunate enough to be in a financial situation where I can take the max amount off unpaid... anymore than what they allow and my job won't be here waiting for me. Thankfully my boss has children and understands how demanding being a new parent can be, so he's already told me he'll work with my new schedule to make things easier.

Yah, I have heard that 6-8 week thing from many US ladies...it is just so crazy! Most of my friends were just beginning to feel confident with breastfeeding, etc at about 6 weeks...what a challenge to go back to work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->