***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

WTB - hang in there, you are doing great! I feel for you though, I would go nuts!

First day of third tri today and woke up achey from my toes to my ears, lol. We are having a heat wave, which for us is about 28 degree weather...but when you aren't used to it it sucks! Hopefully I can do some stretching and feel better!

Happy birthday Boofle!! We have the same birthday!!

Mrs. - the 1hr. glucose test is usually done at 28 weeks. I had mine done at 24 weeks because I was on metformin (a diabetic drug... I'm pre diabetic) and my doc weaned me off. The receptionist took a minute for me to convince that it was okay I had it at 24 weeks, so I can understand why yours gave you a hard time too. GL with it!

Thanks, I did not know that! I wonder why I was booked at "24 weeks" in the first place? I just found out that PCOSers carry a greater risk of GD, so maybe that's why?? Either way, they asked me to come back this week after Wednesday (when I'll officially be 24 weeks). I hope they don't give me a hard time about it again!

Oh - and happy belated birthday, Cridge! :)

Daddiesgift - cute bump! You still look pretty tiny to me :)

Skweek - Love the name :)

WTB - Hang in there! I'm sure it's frustrating to be in the hospital, but it'll be so worth it when you have all 3 of your girls in your arms! How long do they usually expect you to carry triplets?

Mrs. - yes, it's probably because of the PCOS (I have that too) that they're testing you early. I hope you pass!

WTB - Were you having contractions or what put you in the hospital? I feel for you - it can't be fun! But it'll be worth it in the end! How long do they think you'll last?

Average is 32-33 weeks, though I'll be impressed if we make it that far. I have cervical incompetence as well as an irritable uterus. I've seriously had nothing but pills for the last six hours. :haha: I'm not one to take anything beyond Tylenol normally so it is interesting taking meds to stop contractions and then more meds to counteract the first ones' side effects.

Ugh! I'm so sorry!! 10 weeks in the hospital doesn't sound fun at ALL!! :hugs: I'm totally like you with the drug thing - I even avoid Tylonol if I can - so I can just imagine what it's like. You'll get through this!!! One day at a time!

WTB - Happy V-day and :hugs: hope everything goes okay and the next 10 weeks fly by :( :(

I had my 28 week bloods done today (she gave me the form at my 24 week appt and said to get them done a week before my 28 week appt). The lady was lovely, but as the needle went in the blood squirted. Then as she took it out, it didn't stop bleeding for ages and I nearly fainted (not like me at all!!!) - she said something about high blood pressure :shrug: We also had Henry's hip scan and his hips are fine so that is one less thing to worry about! :)

Hang in there WTB, I feel for you on the tablets, I usually never take anything :haha: so I can imagine taking tons of tablets must be hard.

Does anyone know when it's a good time to do 3D/4D scans?

Best time to get them done is 27-30 weeks - baby is big enough to be seen clearly and have some fat on their bones, but not so big that they are descending in to the pelvis. Babybond offer 4d scans between 24-32 weeks

xxx

I had my first at 20weeks- and going to have one at each scan that I'll have (so each appointment that I have till delivery :) )

when do others have ultrasounds? where i live there is no scheduled ultrasounds after the 18-20 week one? sometimes they will look at 34 weeks but its rare. if you have no problems, are low risk you only have the two... early dating and 18 week one.

I technically only have 1. Boo! :( I've had 3 because my husbands aunt and cousin do them so I have had each of them do one. One at 16 weeks, 20 weeks (doctor) and 26 weeks. So, I doubt I will have anymore now unless my doctor suspects something.

Because we want to have him at home, we have another scan scheduled for 36 weeks...to check position and placenta and whatnot. But that is not the norm here for a hospital birth and a pregnancy with no risk factors, unless you go past due sometimes they will do one...

thanks!.. i wasnt sure if my two was normal. sometimes we dont get dating scans either but most women know to say they didnt know when they ovulated so you can see baby at 10ish weeks :winkwink: i wish i could see bub again.. i guess only 14ish weeks until i see the real thing!! lol

I have ultrasounds at every appointment :)(every 4 weeks) You only need 3 major ones , (12-14 w, 20 weeks and 32 weeks) or so) but even the mass where they keep the notes of the appointments have 3 lines for the the first appt, and 2 lines for the 2nd and 3rd appts. so that be a total of 7 appts, + the appts you have inbetween.

UK only get 12 and 20 weeks - any more than that and it is because there is a cause for concern x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->