***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

People have an opinion for everything. I respect your right to have an opinion, and enjoy my right to ignore it if I please. (that is how I feel)

People have an opinion for everything. I respect your right to have an opinion, and enjoy my right to ignore it if I please. (that is how I feel)

You are so right! I need to have a thicker skin and beable to let it wash off - water off a ducks back!

How are you doing WTB???

Sk - bringing a baby into this world is the best thing two parents/two people in love/a mother etc can ever experience. Don't let her make you feel bad about wanting to do so. :)

ag, If you knew what those 'christians' think is old fashioned. My oh and me aren't even christian . While we are not officially married by law we still had a free wedding still working on the making it legal ;)
Any case, The only thing i needed to drink a lot at the gyn was for the urine sample, but that is even before the ultrasound so my doc never had a problem with the ultrasound.

How are you doing WTB???

I am doing fabulously and am a giddy child right now. I'm stabilized enough that the director of women's services came by and said she was going to open up the antenatal section just for me. So now I'm in a room twice as big with a window, a little color on the walls, a real shower, and a couch/bed for my guests. I feel spoiled. Hahhaa.

It's so nice for them to move me as I might be here for about two months (ideally).

I really have no idea why 64 ozs, it doesn't say I have to hold that much maybe they think if you drink that much you will keep having to pee consistently do no way you'd be empty? I'll try my best but it's to the point if I have to really pee I waddle and feel like a little leaks out, I hope they are prepared! :haha:

Everyone always has something to say about something. I keep my beliefs for what my life should be not what others are doing. I wanted to be married before baby but could careless if anyone else was. Especially if they are in a lOng term commitment, marriage isn't for everyone!

Ugh, the ignorance and holier-than-thou attitude of some people! Ignore that stupid comment, it just makes her look petty and judgmental. If we could delve into allllllllll the ways that most practicing 'christians' do not in fact practice what they preach we would be here for years. What your baby needs is love, security and acceptance and that is NO guarantee in any marriage. Argh, how annoying! I must commend your willpower in NOT commenting on her status though...there's no way I could have held back!

Anywho...feeling exhausted today. Worked with 5-9 year old kids all day at a summer camp and feel like I'm going to pass out! So much for thinking I would be working right until the end of Oct! School starts again in a month and I don't wanna go back at all...

WTB - I am so happy you have such an awesome setup! Makes it much more bearable I'm sure!

Woooo to being in a better room WTB - will help lift your spirits :kiss:

I've got a big fat ignore button in my head now that I press when people are trying to offer 'advice' - I nod, smile and then think 'I'll just do my own thing thank you very much'

xxx

I had my 1hr GTT this morning... It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. I should have the results by this weekend. FX'd!!!

Yay for being in a bigger room WTB!

and Skweek, I am sorry for what your friend said. Don't take it to heart and don't let someone else's opinion of what is right/wrong or what you should/shouldn't do get you down. Only you know what is right for you and it's not their place to judge! Your child will be loved regarldess of your marital status and that is what matters the most!

Oooh I've got that GTT thing tomorrow, got to be there for 9am and then there's a 2 hour wait right and then they do the bloods again?
I've got a second appt in the same hospital at 2.30 and it's miles from home so don't know what to do in the middle!

I only had to wait for 1hr, but Skweek mentioned she has a 2hr wait, so it may be different in the US. ??? Not sure about that one...

And I know what you could do between appointments... SHOP! :) At least that's what I do when I need to kill time... DH isn't too thrilled about that habit though :) hehe

It just depends on what kind you are doing. Typical in America is 1 hr for first test and if that is off they have you do a 3 hour.

Wtb - glad you've got a better set up :)

Hope everyone's GTT tests come back as good news too :)

Good luck with your GTT tomorrow Beth - 2 hours sounds about right. Is there some where you can go for lunch/coffee/read your book in between your appointments?

Good luck on your tests ladies! I'm "lucky" and don't have to do that test; I'm getting my blood sugar tested two hours after each meal.

I got told at booking they would like me to have it .. but nothing has been mentioned since? I had bloods done which included glucose on Monday - is that part of the GTT? I never had it with the boys either :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->