***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Hi girls,

I had a midwife appt today and my fundal height was only measuring 25 weeks so I have to have a doctors appointment and possibly a growth scan on Tuesday. I'm pretty gutted - worried :( hope everythings okay with my little beanie. Tuesday can't come quick enough xoxo

I wouldnt worry about fundal height at all. If I went by that at this point Id be like 16 weeks. I have a long torso so baby has tons of room to spread out, some times bellies stick out more than others. Plus my hips are so wide barely anyone can tell Im pregnant and Im not over or under weight about average. With my son I asked doctor to check it and he said it is not a reliable way to gauge anything and would not do it.

She did say, your quite tall, would you say you have a long torso? And I was like, I dunno :| I'm 5'9, but I'd probably say I've got longer legs than a long torso. But I don't know... x

I'm 5'9 as well :) I think I may have more body than leg tho..idk either! But you always find tall people dont stick out as far as short people we have room to go up when short have room to go out!

I'm sure everything is fine hun :hugs: Your little one's position can effect the measurement too and they're not very accurate. It's a good thing they're being so cautious though and you get to see your little one again :) I'm about 5'8 and I feel like my bump has shrunk lol, but like you ladies said, she must just have more room :) xx

Try not to worry sharon - fundal height can depend on the way baby is laying as well, so if they were laying across the way your fundal height would be smaller :hugs: :hugs:

Yeah fundal height is a bit unreliable but it can help detect if there is too much/too little growth - she's just being cautious and on the plus side you get to see your bubba again! :)

I'm also 5'9 (how weird!!) and my fundal height with the boys was always spot on, whereas this one has been a bit over which funnily enough would put me at the DD we thought we were originally (23rd October!). But it depends on how full/empty your bladder is, full stomachs, how baby is lying, whether baby is head down or breech, whether baby is engaged etc etc I'm sure your little beanie is fine!!

p.s. Happy Birthday Wishful!!! :cake:

Thank you Ashley :) Getting a bit emotional now as it goes so quick. We had a little tea party for him at my MIL's and some of his family (My family's party for him is next week) and the boys loved it. They were so shattered when we got home!

How is everyone else been today?

Aw! Glad they had fun! :) It does go by so fast. I want to soak in every second when this baby comes since she will be our last baby. Sad :(

so as you girls know today was my birthday and my plan was to have a lunch with my immediate family (mom, dad, brothers, husband, niece, and SIL) but when we met up at my brothers house i had a surprise BABY SHOWER! it wasnt huge but everyone i would want to be there was there and we got a lot of great stuff!! funny thing is i didnt have a registry public yet or anything and didnt even now if i would have a shower but i hardly got any duplicits of stuff! got a lot of nice clothes, personalized stuff and my mom and dad got us our crib, car seat AND pack n play! so happy!!!

Hey Ladies, sounds like everyone is doing great! Happy Birthday Wishful! Awesome surprise :) I am exited for my showers (I get two!!!) but theyre still over a month away!

My little guy has been giving us a hard time lately and hd about 2-3 super quiet days with not a lot of movement. He has moved every day but the kicks are SO subtle and not as strong or frequent as they had been for a few weeks...

Anyone else experience this!? It's easy to stress over...

Awww fab surprise wishful!!

This little one has quiet days too gaia - it can be a worry can't it?

xxx

If your worried gaiagirl call your Dr/midwife? It's best to get checked out just for your own peace of mind. Phoebe has an occasional quiet day, and I have heard they can get a bit quiet when they're going through a growth spurt.

Wishful -Happy birthday!!

I know my best friend is organising my baby shower but I wont know when it is. Have given her a list of things we still need and a list of people she can invite. I'm really looking forward to my shower.

This morning he has already been a different story...kicking me in my side like crazy...hiccuping, you name it. I wonder if the quiet days are the position he's in or possibly a growth spurt?

I probably would have called today but I'm on vacation 15 hours away from home :( Should have brought my Doppler just for peace of mind while on the road!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->