***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

We used the sleeping bags both times with the boys ... I know one friend who swears by swaddling but it depends on the baby. Stephen and Henry used to like to sleep with their arms above their heads - so for us swaddling wouldn't have worked :)

you can get the sleep sacks that swaddle at the same time. I know Halo makes them, but I'm sure there are other brands. My sil swears by them so I've already purchased one and have more on my registry. My first was a summer baby so I didn't have to do much to keep him comfy at night - and I'm terrible at swaddling, so that never worked for us. :haha:

By the way - I forgot to let you ladies know that my nursery is done!!! You can see pics of it in my journal on page 27. I'm really happy with the way it turned out...and happy that it's done! :thumbup:

My first loved to be swaddled, my second not so much...She hated her hands tucked in. They're still like that...

I have swaddling blankets and sleep sacks so I'll be prepared for whatever baby prefers :) Some of the sleep sacks I have also have the swaddler on them, so that should be nice and convenient if he does prefer to be swaddled.

Cridge - I love the nursery!!!! I bet it feels good having it all put together. We should have the shelves up this weekend (hopefully - we've been putting it off for weeks). I can't wait to be finished... seems like the longest project I've ever worked on!

Yep i have one swaddle blanket and the rest are sleeping bags, looks like from what all of you say it'll be up to bubs, so will see what they prefer. Will have a look at Halo sleep bags for sure if bubs likes to be swaddled.

The zipper ones are nice but you do have to be careful I never zipped him up in it cause I was so scared to do that that I would just put my finger between the zipper and his body and zip that way so they can still work since you already have them! My son was a no go on the swaddle or the sleep sack lol. He was such a sweaty kid, still is. So they wouldve been too thick anyways. They put him in sleep sack in hospital and he would freak out, hates being confined still hates when the blankets are tucked around him :haha: so he was just a pj, light blanket kid. He also would not sleep on his back for the life of him! I tried to put him on his back but once he got old enough to turn his head I had no problem laying him on his tummy. When they are newborn they dont move around that much so it would be really hard to get a blanket over their head by themselves in my opinion or get their face stuck in crib bumper. Now when they are a few months old thats a different story, my son would roll on his belly, lay sideways, end up at the end of the bed instead of the top ect.I think you just go by what feels right to you and your kid. We'll see how it goes with this one!

Cridge I love the colors in your nursery! Thats so cute!

Ill be putting my nursery together next Wednesday, yes you heard right :winkwink: our stuff is finally here from Germany and they can deliver it next Wednesday!!! Im so excited I could explode.

Thing about our kids rooms, one is small with a big closet, one is big with a small closet. So we've decided to give our older one the big room but he has the small closet? Im not sure how we are going to fit all this stuff! Im assuming one crib, and the changing table in Anthony's (formally known as Lucas :rofl:) room since we are going to put a futon in there for us to sleep on if need be and then but the other crib and rocker in my sons room?? My son still wakes up at night :wacko: so I think the rocker would be better in his room so I can sit down with him in it.

Thanks girls! It feels so good to have the nursery done and although it's very simply decorated, it turned out just as I envisioned, so I'm happy about it!

Daddiesgift - YAY!!! I'm so happy that your stuff is fiiiinally here! I don't know how you did it for so long! What about night feedings? I would probably rather have the rocker in the baby's room so I could sit and feed... but I can see why you'd want it in your son's room too. Two rockers? :haha:

I think im off my rocker for having two kids so close in age :rofl: I guess we will have to see closer to time, as of now my son is not sleeping by himself but sleeping with us. If I get him asleep ahead of us I can put him in the pack in play they let us borrow but he will always wake up mad and end up in bed with us. So we are going to try our best to "sleep train" him by the time new baby shows up. If he is sleeping in his crib by himself rarely waking then Ill just put rocker in new babies room..somewhere! I remember when he was younger I did a lot of sleeping upright and feeding every hour or two and since my husband has to be up for work at 5am we think the futon would be good if I need to go sleep in the babies room. We have THREE cribs, one is small and we used it next to our bed for our son but im REALLY not trying to co sleep or sleep in our room again as I think thats why our one year old has to be with me when he sleeps. But we will see how this baby is and how I feel when he comes! I only plan on breast feeding till my milk comes in then Im thinking that Ill pump when he eats formula that way I have some breast milk on hand to give. Only doing that for about 6 weeks or milk runs out whatever comes first! I know for me I can not breast feed full time, and I actually prefer bottle feeding since Ive lived both worlds so I know that will help too!

congrats on getting your stuff daddie! and nice nursery cridge!!

MY CRIB JUST ARRIVED! i am so excited!!!

Congrats wishful!!

Somebody save me from zulily!! Totally bought these for when my GBs are into 12 month clothes.

https://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a154/singingDINGUS/Wedding/triplets/CD60F0E4-2A7C-43F0-B374-CCCEA9339B09-4199-000005EB40A01003.jpg

Congrats Wishful!!!

So darling WTB! From what I see, you're not entirely, but are you planning to do the matchy matchy thing with your girls?

Not too often on matching. I want them to know they can be their own people and so I'm trying to atleast do different colors as much as possible if I find a type of outfit I like. Of course I've totally bought three sets of the exact same preemie clothes because I couldn't resist.

omg WTB they are beautiful! they will look darling in them!
and thinks girls.. cant wait to see it.. i have a feeling i'm going to cry at some point!
and sarah i hope yours comes soon.. hopefully before weekend! that was my hope and it came today!

Yay for getting your things, Daddies and yay for your crib arriving, Wishful! :yipee:

Those dresses are sooo adorable! :cloud9: xx

Wow!! Love those dresses!!! Your three girlies are going ot look so gorgeous in them! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->