***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Wishful, I've had the same "stuff" ... I've blamed it on allergies since the weather is changing here, but the not being able to breath through my nose is really getting to me! I hate breathing through my mouth.

Great weights WTB and yay for your car nearly being home, Daddies! Hope your little man feels better soon too :)

Hope you all feel better soon :hugs: I've been sick for the past few days and I'm not over it just yet, still feel boiling, full of snot and coughing up yucky stuff, but I think I'm over the worst of it now. I sound like a Dalek too :haha: I'm down 1kilo from being sick, despite making sure I've been eating.

Hope everyone's well :) xx

Lots of colds going around! As a teacher I am shocked I haven't been sick yet...there's still time of course, lol.

However...not that much time as I'm pretty sure I'm going to stop work at the end of the month at 35 weeks. I have two weeks of sick time I will use then mat leave at 37 weeks. Luckily we get a year here so it's not that big of a deal to go early, but I can't help feeling like a wimp! Do you ladies think that's too early?

My job is incredibly physically an mentally demanding so I'm just wiped by the end of the day and I have so much left to do to get ready! But 5 weeks early IS quite early...

So ladies - I've mentioned how swollen I am :dohh:.. I've been having this pain going from the arch in my left foot all the way up to almost my groin. With the swelling, I've had the arch pain before and it would even start radiating up my ankle, but as of Saturday evening, it started radiating up near my knee and now it's way up my thigh. All in a straight line from my arch up. :shrug: I've been wearing my flip flops almost exclusively my entire pregnancy, so my first thought is shin splints (that's close to what it feels like in my arch and ankle... but shin splints that go up to the thigh?!). I can't find anything online except that it could possibly be a blood clot.... although I don't have any of the other symptoms of a blood clot. I'm stumped. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I shoe-horned my foot into my running shoes this morning (which have good arch supports) and I'm hoping that helps, but I literally can't stand, walk, or have my left leg touching anything while lying down. My doc changed our appointment from Monday to Friday of this week, so I'll ask her about it in a couple of days, but I just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing anything like this. :wacko:

gaiagirl - Holy cow - I can't imagine working at all while being pregnant. I've been so lucky in that I haven't worked at all either of my pregnancies, and I'm just amazed at women who do. Especially this pregnancy - I've been sooo fatigued the entire time that there's no way I could work. So for you to go to 35 weeks is pretty amazing! I wouldn't feel weak at all!! You need the time to rest and relax before baby gets here!!

gaia - GO FOR IT!!! If you have the time to take off, I say take it! I envy those of you who have so much time off... I only get 6 weeks off at 60% pay, but am taking an additional 6 weeks on top of that unpaid. I don't think it's too early at all! I am sooo drained and emotionally overwhelmed... I basically told my boss yesterday that I didn't want him to think I was being wheels off but that my body and my mind are going through so much I may not be 100% until after the baby comes... thankfully he understands. If I could take off now I so would!

Cridge - I'm so sorry you're hurting so bad :( I don't know what you're experiencing, but definitely bring it up with your doctor!

There is a ligament that runs up from your foot, inside of knee and to your groin. It might be getting damaged from the flip flops if your rolling in and then affecting things above. With the extra weight things can get a bit screwed :/.

Good weights! How exciting to know they are healthy and piling fat away!

I got GREAT news this morning, our car has FINALLY made it from Germany to California! Only problem is we live in Southern Arizona. So I called another shipping company to pick it up and ship it here they are suppose to call and let me know when they can pick it up!! YIPPY!! No more walking anywhere in the hot desert sun!! Now if we could get our money back things would be perfect!

My son is feeling ill today so Im just laying around with him though I have other things I need to do. Maybe I felt ill yesterday cause we are catching something. Idk but I hope I dont get it too bad!!
Speaking of Arizona, the other day there was a 1990 chart show episode on tv and it had the hideous song , (that I actually remember from when i was a kid) I coldnt believe to hear it again as I probably hadnt heard it in 20 years xD and since you just moved from germany :haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT6fOWE9sGw&feature=BFa&list=PLA537A9BECD12AEB5

Cridge- sorry to hear your in pain. I haven't experienced that of far...
Gaiagirl- don't feel bad- I'm stopping work at 36 weeks! I'm a dental hygienist so by mid day I'm exhausted. I had to even ask that starting in Oct to cut down my patient load.

babyfeva - our dental hygienist was pregnant with twins the last time I saw her. I have no clue how far along she was, but the poor thing was having such a hard time leaning over her bump to work. I definitely think that's one occupation that should let you off early and lighten your load as soon as possible. I can't imagine how uncomfortable it must be trying to reach over your bump all day!

I worked as a care assistant through my first pregnancy and was origionally going to go on leave a few weeks before DS was due but I ended up leaving about 32 weeks as i had lots of unused holiday. I was very glad I did as I was finding 8 hours running round and at least at hour of walking to/from work was very exhausting. Not long after I started getting a lot of pelvic pain and would be in agony after a short walk so very glad I had gone.
I havnt worked since then and have felt so much better during this pregnancy-i really do think it has made a huge difference not working.

Thanks girls! I think Sarah is probably right on the money that it's ligament pain. I just hope I haven't damaged it too much. It only started hurting up my leg (past my ankle/calf) Saturday evening and I've been trying to stay off of it since then, but you all know how that goes. I'm wondering if maybe I even pulled it funny because every morning I stretch my legs I definitely strrrrreeettchhh and sometimes it feel like I pull something. So maybe that's what I did... :shrug: Silly.

i got a charlie horse in 2nd tri and i tried to straighten out my leg too quick and fast, more like a jerking motion (i was half asleep) and i had the same exact pain as you cridge! it was a strain and the regular nerves just carried it up my leg. i needed to use heat and ice. i could walk for a few days and stairs were out of the question. flip flops with a heavy bump etc can cause shin splits that turn into a strain and cause pain through out the whole leg. good luck!

Mrs. 326- wow I can't imagine being preggo w/ twins and leaning over. My tummy isn't huge yet but it does get in the way. I always have to be aware that my belly isn't resting on patient's heads LOL. I find it hard bending over!

Hope all you ladies get to feeling better. I feel okay my son still has the sniffles.

Heres the best pictures I could take of babies room, finally got all clothes put away and everything in place :happydance: Still have to buy a little rug and curtain rods since our house didnt come with any.

Attachments

• al.jpg
    al.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 11
  • al2.jpg
    al2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 9
  • al3.jpg
    al3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 11
  • al4.jpg
    al4.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 11
looks good daddie! i got a jenny lind furniture too, but in expresso.. love jenny lind!

We just had to buy a crib since my son had that changing table so we have them matching beds :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->