***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

I can't watch it within 'legal means' mhhh. and my pc is a slow toad anyway.

Why that? They surely want to check the Heartbeat earlier?

Fab news bubble - was it an internal or external scan you got?

I can't stop crying at OBEM every minute either - hormones!

thanks, it was an external scan, if its ok i will put a pic up later :thumbup:

In Canada they generally only give you the one scan at 20 weeks unless you are really uncertain of your dates...you will hear the hb on the Doppler and that's about it it...I could be wrong it has been a while since I have been pregnant...

Yes, in Canada it is an anatomy scan at 18-20 weeks and an earlier dating scan if requested. I was offered a dating scan yesterday but declined, as I'll get to see the little bean in three weeks and I'd rather minimize the number of ultrasounds!

The whole pregnancy thing is such an exercise in faith, and I'm not a very faithful person so it is a very big growing opportunity for me! It's of course so worrying, but I really want to believe that everything is going perfectly in there and is going to be amazing! Positive thinking!!!

Oh I should mention that my scan in three weeks isn't official, my midwife has an US machine and is going to check on baby at my request :)

Hellow little 6 week peanut :D.
Canada sounds really weird- but maybe they have updated it recently. How do they check on the developmental stuff otherwise?
I just had a look and here we've got at least 3 major scans(+ a first app scan) and then if you want some additional ones.

Nope, what I just posted is the most recent policy in BC (or at least the region I live).

The 18-20 week scan check all major organs and development, before that it is difficult to really assess all of that. Theyll do more if medically indicated, but if not...you have to wait to meet the baby!

You can also pay for additional private ones though.

Hm Interesting- I guess other countries other regulations :haha:

Nope, what I just posted is the most recent policy in BC (or at least the region I live).

The 18-20 week scan check all major organs and development, before that it is difficult to really assess all of that. Theyll do more if medically indicated, but if not...you have to wait to meet the baby!

You can also pay for additional private ones though.

I bet that probably has to do with the national healthcare in Canada?

Yes, but healthcare policy in Canada is decided on province by province, so some things could be different in Alberta or Ontario or elsewhere.

Even each region has different policies. My local area changed policy a few years ago and now will NOT tell the sex of the baby, you have to pay for a private scan for that!

Yes, but healthcare policy in Canada is decided on province by province, so some things could be different in Alberta or Ontario or elsewhere.

Even each region has different policies. My local area changed policy a few years ago and now will NOT tell the sex of the baby, you have to pay for a private scan for that!

Really!?!? That would be terrible to have to pay to find out the sex. How much does that even cost?

You ladies might think it crazy, but I'm not planning on any scans. I didn't have any with my other two pregnancies and won't be having any this time. I also won't be using a doppler to find the heartbeat, so will have to wait until 14 weeks when you can hear the heartbeat with a fetoscope/stethoscope.

You ladies might think it crazy, but I'm not planning on any scans. I didn't have any with my other two pregnancies and won't be having any this time. I also won't be using a doppler to find the heartbeat, so will have to wait until 14 weeks when you can hear the heartbeat with a fetoscope/stethoscope.

I don't think that's crazy at all, just admirable! I don't think I could handle that though, I'm much too much of a nervous Nellie...maybe on a second pregnancy but this first time! I need some reassurance!

I'll probably just have the quick peek at 9wks and the anatomy scan at 18wks. After that just patience unless there's a medical reason!

I wont be paying for the additional one (it's 3D) and wont be finding out the sex. It's $100 though so not too bad if you want it.

Hello, I would love to join too.

Name:
Phaedra (P.Lily)

How old are you?

Whats your EDD, How have you figured that date?
17 november

What # child is this for you?
This is my first

Do you predict you're carrying a boy or girl?
No idea, it's 50/50 haha!

Are you finding out the gender?
Definitely, I want to colour co-ordinate :)

How many months were you TTC?
4 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"