***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Happy anniversary daddies.

Gaia I'm just like you.. No bh here but my goodness his movements can hurt. Often I get woken at night by jabs to my side.

Since I am sitting at the laptop on the couchshe just won't stop squirming about :lol:

Happy Anniversary, DG! :)

I just stated feeling BH a few weeks ago and they've been non stop! Every time I get one I have a serious urge to pee and my tummy gets rock hard! They say to change positions and it will go away, but sometimes it's too uncomfortable to move about while my stomach is so tight.

I seem to be getting fewer bh as the weeks go on. :shrug:

I had my second shower last night and it was great! I stayed up way too late looking through all the new fun stuff. :haha: I'm anxious to make an inventory of everything today so I know exactly what I still need. Dh and I are planning a big shopping trip this Saturday to complete our shopping for baby. I'm excited to be totally prepared. Just need to pack that hospital bag!

Ah, Cridge! What a relief to know you'll soon have everything checked off the list! I'm so anxious for that day. I have one more shower next weekend (the 13th) and can't wait! I am hoping we'll get the necessities, but everyone keeps buying clothes and gravitating toward the "cute" items on our registry... I really need a diaper pail and bottles, LOL!

Mrs I totally know what you mean. Cute is fun, but the point is to help the new parents out! I'm just grateful my friends have started asking which items we really need the most! (I was pretty careful to make most of it functional-cute or just plain functional).

I think I got a little carried away with the registry... at first I had only functional in mind but the longer I was in the store with that little gun thing, the more trigger happy I got! Oops! Bless those who gave us gift cards b/c I will definitely be using them to help us finish out the necessities that I'm sure will be left on the registry.

Babies r us recently has had several 20% on regular prices items and free shipping over $150. That is a better discount than you will get after LOs are born so if there is something you really need on the more pricey side it might behoove you to get it during one of those sales. I ended up buying car seat protectors, breathable mesh bumpers, and a couple of sheets.

I saw that :) The 20% off ends on the 9th, so I'm going to wait until after the weekend since that's when most people go shopping, and if we still have a ton of necessities on the list I will just buy them on Monday before the sale ends :)

I also just got off the phone with BRU and asked them when they send out the completion coupon (which is only 10% by the way...) and she said 2 weeks before your "event date", which is really just your due date. I asked if there was any way to get it earlier so she expedited the coupon so we'll have it in 5-7 days. Hoping it's sooner rather than later... I wonder if I could combine that with the 20% off they already give you??

i got all cute stuff at my shower too!! part of me was a bit disappointed but i realized i probably wouldnt of gotten much of the cute stuff if it wasnt for them so thats nice i guess? luckily my brother had my niece 10 months ago so i got all hand me down on gear!!!

I always only receive a few items off registry then whatever someone wants to give us! I don't think people get registry lol but this pregnancy I really couldn't come up with anything! We already have clothes, toys, cribs, carriers, bottles, pumps, diapers ect ect so I told people really whatever they want to help with well take!

Mrs. - I got my completion coupon a week or so ago and my "event date" is Nov. 10th. :shrug: And I was expecting a 10% off coupon, but it's 15%! I read through it and it appears that you can use the 20% off coupons along with it, just not another "total transaction discount" coupon. You can use it one day only, but I have until January 28th to use mine. And you have to purchase at least $100 to use it (not going to be a problem! :haha:).

I tried to really push people to use my registry because I'm really trying to stay away from having more than I need, and I put all "my" necessities on my registry. Even after telling people very directly (after they asked, of course) to please see my registry for items that I still need, they didn't use it. :( I only had about 8 people use my registry. Luckily, I didn't end up with a gazillion blankets, and I'm happy about the amount of clothes I've received, but I still have a lot of necessities that we need to get (onesies, pacifiers, diaper pail, diapers to get us started, sleepers, gowns, etc).

One woman at my shower handed me a card and told me that she didn't get me a "baby" gift, because I would be getting enough baby gifts, so she got me a "me" gift. Another woman standing next to her looked at her like she was crazy and said "WHY?!". It made me laugh! I'm grateful for the "me" gift (it's movie tickets for me and dh), but I seriously have (had) nothing for baby so it cracked me up that she thought I wouldn't need anything else.

I honestly just feel so blessed to know so many people that care enough to throw me a shower and get us gifts! I don't know how people afford to have babies without gifts! I had so many hand-me-downs with #1 that we really didn't buy anything after that and my showers, but with this one, we're getting a wake up call on how much it costs just to get baby through the first few months!

These registries for baby showers, do you get to go in with one of those machines and scan things like they do in the movies for weddings? xx

These registries for baby showers, do you get to go in with one of those machines and scan things like they do in the movies for weddings? xx

Yep! A little scanner "gun". It's way fun.

Yup! The scanner gun is awesome :)

And Cridge, I agree... I have no idea how people have babies without the gifts! It would be way too expensive to buy all of this stuff on our own. And the "me" gift is pretty entertaining. The whole purpose of the shower is to buy things for baby... not for mommy, but I guess it was a sweet gesture. Some people just don't realize how much you "need" to raise a child these days I guess... our parents didn't have all this fancy stuff. And considering your DS is around 10 years old (right?) I'm sure things have changed since then, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->