• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Wishful, massive congrats :flower: he is just perfect!

Good luck gaia, will be stalking for an update :)

Hey ladies!

Midwife came by to check on me but wouldn't do an internal because of my water breaking. She is pretty sure I'm still in early labour, which I agree with since here I am typing this out between contractions, lol.

Still 3 min apart but short and apparently I seem 'too much like myself' to be in active labour. Haha.

Just trying to eat and rest and prepare for what's ahead! Just hope they don't stop or slow down, or they will have me take a castor oil cocktail later to try and get things going (again, because my water broke)...

I hope to update with a baby announcement and not stalled labour!

congrats Wishful! He's adorable! Can't wait to hear the story.

Gaia - with my first, my mucus plug was extremely watery. I thought for sure it was my water but my nurse reassured me (about 3 times) that it was just my mucus plug. It was bloody and messy just like the plug, but so wet I couldn't stand up without it running down my legs. :sick: But if your mw has checked you, hopefully it is your waters and you're on your way!

hayz - good luck with your c-section. The actual op is nothing to be worried about, but recovery is a little trickier than vaginally. You'll do great!

So, I don't know anything about mucus plugs and water breakage but today when I stood up twice i've felt a tiny gush/leaking and just been wearing a panty liner. No painful contractions... Maybe it's just more discharge than usual b/c I've been wearing a panty liner for like 1 month.

Umm.. small gushes when you move could be your waters. If it carries on I would get it checked out as you the drs will want you to be in labour within 2 days of waters going to decrease the chance of an infection x

so here is my story!

Thursday at 7am I started feeling pressure on my tailbone that was pretty intense but i honestly thought i needed to have a bowel movement. it got increasing worse and then i started to feel intense waves. since there was no pain in my pelvic or stomach area it was kind of hard to time the contractions because the pain was constant but had hikes of worse pain. My husband and i recorded them and they were 7 minutes apart and about 45 seconds long. so i went to my ultrasound as planned and when we got back the pain was getting really intense. the contractions were solely in my back and thighs. when we started counting contractions they were all over the
place! sometimes 7 minutes apart, sometimes 4,3, and lasting all different lengths too! i was so scared to call the doctor because i figured they weren't regular and sometimes only lasted as short as 30 seconds. my worst fear was to go in and have be sent home so i wanted to make sure it was the real deal. my DH was convinced it was but with the times being all over the over the place i was scared of false labor. the pain then starting to get take my breath away so i decided to call. she said it might be false labor, but we will get you checked out. the drive to the hospital was the worse drive of my life! i started getting nervous because i could be in this much pain and it might not be the real thing! the nurses took my vitals and monitored baby heart beat and the doctor came right in and did an exam.i was there all of 10 minutes and he tells us we are 7cm! i almost passed out! i wasn't even going to call... DH had to convince me. oops! i was praying to be at least 3cm, so when he ever said 7cm i almost passed out haha. i was SO happy that all this intense back pain was actually doing something! haha i still can't believe i labored that long at home before going. so i wasn't sure if i could still get the epidural because my dr said he likes them in no longer then 6cm. so i freaked out a bit because i wasn't sure i could take another contractions, it was insane how much my back hurt! so i was close to 8 when i got the epidural and started pushing an hour after the epidural was placed and he appeared an hour and half later!! it seems like a total blur. i never thought i'd be that progressed when i got in and also the days leading up to yesterday i felt no signs.. nothing! calm before the storm i guess!

so my son is the most beautiful and well behaved baby. and as i said early, he was 7lbs 5 ounces and 20 inches long. he has dark brown hair and looks just like his daddy, but has mommys nose!! he doesn't cry or fuss much at all which is fine by me!

i had a 2nd degree tear and a severely bruised tailbone that i have to get check on in a week, a dr from the ER came up and said i might need x-rays.. i also pushed so hard and used every body part (i know you're not suppose to but easier said then done lol) so i have a neck strain, two pinches nerves and my face feels like it was slammed against the wall! walking is difficult because of the bruise and the top of my body feels like a train ran over it! i haven't been able to interact much with my son because i can't move. this started to really get to me and i cried a lot last night. i know that i need to recover but i just wish i could hold him, feed him, change his diapers etc. i feel like a bad mommy :(

these last two days i found out it is possible to love my husband and more then i already did. he is amazing with his son and is basically doing it alone at this point. it seems like everything came natural to him. we are both very lucky!

we get to go home at dinner time tonight. excited and nervous at the same time!

here are a few other pictures. the second one shows off how much he loves stretching :)

i wanted to thank everyone on these boards. it has been a great experience to share everything with all of you. you guys have helped me out so much. can't wait for everyone else to go! i will check in as much as possible!

:hugs: and love to you all!

Attachments

• babyy.jpg
    babyy.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 5
  • baby toes.jpg
    baby toes.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 4
Oh wishful, what a brilliant birth story :hugs: you did so well! And you've given me hope about not having any signs at all beforehand. Murray is absolutely beautiful :flower: take it easy and rest up mama, enjoy your handsome little man!

Hi everyone!
My yellow bump turned PINK yesterday! I was so surprised to wake up to a backache and bloody show at 2am... As I was only 38 weeks, and my dtr was born at 41+2! No signs of labour before yesterday morning. My husband was also supposed to go out of town this weekend, so I'm thankful that It all happened before he left (he's cancelled the trip, obviously!).
Anyways, Greta Mae arrived at 5:45pm yesterday weighing 7lbs 4oz and 20" long. We came home from the hospital last night too (6 hrs after delivery). Big sister Maggie is taking it all in... A big change for a 20 month old!
Good luck to everyone still waiting for their babies! I can empathize, as my first was 9 days overdue!

Congrats Janna! There is hope for me going early on time then!

Wishful, thanks for sharing your birth story. You did so well! x

Aww well done wishful! No word from gaia?

And yup, I am still pregnant.....8 days and counting ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->