• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Wow Mrs I wish they did that here in the UK! I'm desperate for a vaginal delivery but I'm due another big one with a maaaasive head!

Got quite a few cramps and BHs tonight but nothing to suggest they're anything other than that at the moment. Have my fingers crossed though! x

It's so fun to see all the babies being born lately! Congrats to all the new mommas!

Things are going pretty well with our new little guy, although my nipples are burning in pain. He takes for.ev.er to feed and feeds so frequently that it's killing me. #1 was such a fast feeder that the nipple pain never got this intense. I'm desperate for some relief but desperate to make bf'ing work. Other than that, he's a doll and we love having him around!

Can't wait to see the rest of the new babies! I can't believe it's time for them all to be here!

Mrs- omg i can't believe you're getting induced next Wednesday!! I'm excited for you. How are you feeling?

I've been having a lot of pressure down there all day today. I'm getting nervous.

Cridge- good to hear all is well with you and baby. Sorry to hear about the nipples. Are you using anything?

Cridge- good to hear all is well with you and baby. Sorry to hear about the nipples. Are you using anything?

I just spoke with a friend that went out and bought me a nipple shield - she said it worked a miracle with her. I've been reading up on latching and hopefully I can teach my little guy how to latch on without pain; and hopefully with a proper latch he won't have to feed for so long. FX'd!!! I do use lanolin after each feed to keep my nipples from drying out, but that's it.

I had an app today and she isnt prepared to make an entrance yet :haha: only had one contraction during the CTG and this time she slept the whole time too so they woke her up to get her moving a bit lol.

to teased her on her footsies a bit :haha:
Cervix is still closed but looks like baby is sitting nice in the pelvis by now, and she weighs in (estimated) at a 4000g (+/- 500g as usual.)
I mentioned that I was itchy , but my doc took it the wrong way, he gave me an antifungal vasginal creme :doh: should have been more precise to say that it is my skin that is itchy not my netheregions..

oh well anyway next appt is in two days for ctg where I can mention it again .

I had a MW appointment too and baby isn't engaged and apparently my bump hasn't grown so I have to go into hospital to have a growth scan later today. Tbh I know it's because the Dr measured me last time and she is always very generous whereas the MW always measures me at a smaller measurement so the two side by side show I haven't grown at all. Hey ho.

Thought things were kicking off last night as was having regular tightenings (not painful) for about 4 hours but they disappeared during the night. I ache something rotten today though and am struggling to walk!

Wow Mrs I wish they did that here in the UK! I'm desperate for a vaginal delivery but I'm due another big one with a maaaasive head!

I was so happy she offered it! Depending on how your appointment goes later today, would they offer an induction? Hope all is well!!

Mrs- omg i can't believe you're getting induced next Wednesday!! I'm excited for you. How are you feeling?

Thanks :) I'm very excited too... I'm feeling a bit anxious. Part of me is beyond happy to have an end date and the other really hopes he comes on his own before then so I get the "full experience". It's a wild mix of emotions, but the main thing is I'm so ready to meet him finally :)

Cridge- I had soo many problems bf my son, mostly horrible pain. Even tho they said he was latched right. After I stopped of course I learned I was nursing him waaay too long which was never giving nipples chance to heal. I was told 20 mins max is all they need if they are sucking and swallowing whole time. I was doing 45 mins!! Cause if I pulled him off he screamed till boob was back in his mouth so I thought he was hungry. Guess I was just a pacifier! So maybe try that? Also putting salt in warm water then in a tea cup or coffee cup to dip nipples in helped! I used lanolin religiously and didn't find it up help at all! Oh and changing positions I was told I wasn't doing that enough so he was just sucking on same part of nipple at every feeding. Maybe this can help you :winkwink: I bought some nipple shields this time so let me know how that goes!!

Off to my ob appt! Today ill discuss my birth plan which I'm not even sure what that plan is lol.

I've never heard of this max 20mins on the boob rule, we are always told to let baby feed for as long as they want (if they are still feeding of course, and you can see that baby is swallowing and not just suckling). I hope the shield works well for you Cridge, it was a lifesaver for us when BF'ing DD :thumbup:

I have a sweep booked in for the 26th but I'm hoping to go naturally before then. I've been having lots of painful twinges and cramps but they always die down at bedtime, I just hope they are at least doing something, even if it's just softening my cervix.

Doctor told me that letting baby feed longer than 20 mins (as a newborn at each breast) is providing the milk and nutrition but not the fat content they really need as the end of the feeding the hind milk is higher in fat. And letting them feed that long can potentially have them go longer inbetween feedings which lowers the fat and calorie content of your milk plus leaving you engorged at first since baby is demanding so much milk at one time. I really have no idea since I felt for six weeks all I ever did was breast feed for an hour hour later back on the boob an hour really depressed me to no end as I felt my life revolved around bfing I couldn't even go to grocery store without having to nurse before during and after. Bah! So this time I'm for sure doing the 20 minute thing! Of course I will keep track after baby is on and going ect.

Ob appt was not as productive as I hoped boo hoo. Baby is engaged, cervix is soft but still closed :( he said we check next Wednesday if I've progressed then I can be induced the 26th (day after due date) how can I get this cervix open!! I feel I'm trying everything guess ill start walking and sexing more. How can I have a baby at 37+2 weeks then go over due with the next?! Lame!!

Thanks Mrs. Apparently they won't give me a sweep until I'm 41 weeks :( I have a consultants appointment re my vbac when I'm 40+3 so they may decide then to start early.

If I go really overdue they will consider inducing me slowly but only at 42 weeks.

Bump was measuring small today so had a growth scan but they sent me to the wrong hospital (well forgot to mention that Weds scans are all at another one!) so it was a full day of hanging out at hospitals and driving.

Anyway baby is fine, measuring average (harry was 9lb so I'm dead chuffed) although I've got a lot of water so have to have a diabetes test tomorrow. x

Thanks girls! I've had a day full of major breakdowns - sobbing my eyes out. I've learned that what baby is doing is cluster feeding (daddiesgift - sounds like what your first was doing, maybe?)... where he will feed pretty much constantly during certain times of the day (which for him, is in the middle of the night). If I tried to do the 20 minute rule, he'd just scream until he got boob again.... I've tried, and nothing but more milk will satisfy.

I've spent the day topless applying breast milk and lanolin throughout the day, and I pumped for the first 3 feedings to give myself a break. This evening is better so far, and I've fed on one breast without major pain, but I'm scared to death of what tonight will bring.

Oh - and I tried the shield, but noticed baby wasn't latching on that properly, so I don't want to encourage an improper latch while on the breast (battling bottle feeding is bad enough).

SO - I'm just telling myself that it'll get better and I'm taking it an hour at a time at this point.

It seems we had a bunch of babies born all in a row and now we've hit a dry spell for a few days. Who's going to be next?!

Sorry Cridge I hope it gets better :( I'm praying this time will be different I can't go through all that again. I cried a lot and was terrified of the next feeding. But my son is a very hungry boy still only in the 20% for weight (98% for height!) and eats CONSTANTLY not off the boob of course just his food snacks and almond milk. Maybe you just have a hungry boy on your hands! But still if it hurts I'd see a lactation consultant maybe they can help more.

I've been cooking all day meals to freeze for upcoming month! Lemon bread and banana bread in oven now. Decided to walk a mile daily till baby is out!! I'm nervous about so much but just ready to get him out! The barely pregnant woman in waiting room was looking at my handful of birth control pamphlets with an odd look on her face :haha: over being pregnant!

I'd be happy to fill the void and go next :) hehe...

Hope BFing gets easier, Cridge! DG - I wish I had the energy to cook and freeze, but that's definitely not happening! haha... Thank goodness my mother will be here :)

You still have 2 weeks to go no jumping the queue :p :haha:

Just had a session of reflexology in the hope of inducing labour. If nothing else it was lovely and relaxing.. In fact I woke myself up snoring!

Oh trust me I've been napping about two hours a day to keep up with everything I'm doing. I just keep thinking if I had baby right now is the house clean enough? Enough food in house? Are our clothes and sons diapers clean? NO!! So I need to get on it especially with my mother coming Monday she is all about organization and cleanliness that I can't let her see our real house :haha:

I just new my water broke last night! I have no idea what it was but I rolled over and my night gown felt a tad wet so I felt my underwear and they were very wet!! I got up and changed them and checked bed but it was dry. I've been wearing a liner since and nothing! So idk?? I took a bath for first time in awhile before bed so maybe water got in there TMI I know :winkwink:

Another wonder, my cervix, I think, feels burning a lot! I told doctor yesterday and when he checked me he said nothing about it. Anyone else feel burning? I hope it's not an infection or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->