***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

good luck f&c and lolly!! hoping things really get going for both of you!

daddiesgift - i started giving baby a bottle at 3 days old. i could def tell that he had a weaker, more shallow latch after the bottle, but i was desperate for relief and it was something i just had to deal with. some days he gets 4 or 5 bottles just so i can get some relief. he's to the point now though that he goes back and forth really well so nipple confusion isn't a problem. and it's great to know that as long as i have a supply of pumped milk, i can run errands or get a break at night or whenever i need it. i think all the pumping really helped my milk supply as well. i'm getting 7-8 oz. a session, which is enough for 2 feedings, which is really nice for storage!!

Good luck ttc lolly & f & c!

So this morning at 8 am I got up to let the puppy go potty when I noticed a gush onto my underwear. I checked and it was wet. I couldn't see what color it was b/c I was wearing dark underwear but I smelled it and it didn't have a smell. I started to get nervous/anxious/excited. I went pee then changed and placed a pantyliner. I laid for a while and stood up and felt a little trickle. Checked my pantyliner sure enough it was wet but now i could see it was a light yellow color. Called my dr's office and nurse practioner said to just wear underwear and to monitor it for a few hours. I've taken a shower and now starting to get ready just in case. I don't feel any more trickling but my underwear is slightly wet. Was this a false alarm?? I'll give it some more time I guess. No contractions other than some braxton hicks and some mild period like cramps in lower back & abdomen.

Oh wow babyfeva this could be it!! Fingers crossed!!

Cridge, my midwife has said not to introduce bottle for about 6 weeks so hearing your experience has made me feel better. My OH really wants to help out feeding as much as he can, I think dads can feel quite left out.

good luck babyfeva! I hope this is it!!

Blondie - I introduced a bottle to #1 his first week and I feel like it was the best thing I did. The lactation consultant that I saw last week said I was doing great and to continue to pump/bottle feed as much as I needed. The one thing you should NOT do, is introduce different bottle nipples. Choose one bottle nipple from the start and stick with that one (the same kind, not same nipple) - even if baby won't take it at first. I also have my little guy sucking on a pacifier every once in awhile and we've never had problems with that at all. He likes to suck, so in desperation I gave him a paci in the hospital, and it's been fine.

I don't feel that I'm leaking anymore but I'm having some mild cramping. Ugh this is so confusing.

I have a silly question. When do you start timing contractions? Everytime it tightens or when it tightens accompanied with some discomfort like cramps?

I was wondering the exact same thing! Also when it starts and stops as they are waves?

So, i just asked my sister and she says to time them when you feel discomfort. Like for me I'm feeling the tightening with cramps. I feel like they're period cramps in my lower back and lower abdomen.

Same here. They are currently between 9 and 11 minutes apart but not that uncomfortable.

F & C mine are about the same time! Mine are accompanied by menstrual cramps that are still bearable. I guess they're supposed to gradually get worse.

Yep same here! And slight back ache. I had this yesterday though and they disappeared during the night so perhaps I'm in slow labour. The last gap was quite long as I got up to walk (20 mins).

I always timed from when I first started feeling the tightening (so maybe the beginning of discomfort) to when there was no tightening/discomfort left. That's what they look for on the monitor, anyway.

There are some cool phone apps you can get that will help you time contractions, in case you're interested.

Good luck ladies!! I'm still a little sad that I missed out on going into labor on my own, so I love to hear your stories!!

Cridge- I was getting 5-6 ozs yesterday now back to 3-4 :( what pump do you have? I have him a soothie paci in hospital too as every time they came to check on us he was on the breast. He loves it and I haven't had a problem with that. We use the playtex latex nipples on drop in bottles. I've bf every time today which is driving me mad on my left breast. Consultant comes tomorrow I desperately hope she can help me.

I timed contractions every time they hurt. So at 9am they hurt, then at 903 they hurt ect I didn't time how long just from start to start.

Good luck lolly!!!!! :)

babyfeva - with stephen my hind waters went at 4am - 2 small gushes was all i had with mild period pain until 12pm the next day when my contractions kicked in. so thse small gushes could still be waters :)

Hi ladies :hi: my little girl was born today (27th) at 5.35pm weighing 7lb 12oz, we are so in love with her :cloud9:

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/147ED52A-411A-46C8-BE3D-D91809371825-7310-000003FE6F736512.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->