***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

I am a fraternal twin! Myvirgo I hope we both have twins! That would be soo cool. I still don't feel pregnant yet. I found out 11 days ago and I keep testing. I think I might stop testing now haha. I have taken 30 tests including 2 digis haha!

I am a fraternal twin! Myvirgo I hope we both have twins! That would be soo cool. I still don't feel pregnant yet. I found out 11 days ago and I keep testing. I think I might stop testing now haha. I have taken 30 tests including 2 digis haha!

It takes a while to sink in, especially when it's so early!!

Oh wow! you guys have to pay for private scans if you want to see the baby before the end of your trimester? Makes me feel spoiled now, but I am so anxious to see the baby! :)

Well the rest of it's completely free so paying an extra €60 (about eighty dollars) for a scan brings the total cost of my pregnancy and early medical childcare up to €60. And then once the baby is born all parents get nearly 3 times that a month, per child, for the next 18 years.

SpringerS - they pay you to have a baby?! I'm movin' to Ireland!!

Welcome Erika! Are you an identical twin? Identical twins are by chance, but fraternal twins are actually hereditary and the gene is active only in the women because it affects ovulation (releasing more than one egg). So for instance, if you're a guy with the gene, it won't affect your wife who will get pregnant, but the guy could pass it down to his daughter and she could have twins. My dad is a twin (has a twin sister, so fraternal), so therefore I could have twins! :happydance:

My dad's family has a lot of fraternal twins scattered about it and I know from fertility scans that I naturally hyper-ovulate but after spending lunch yesterday with my s-i-l who is just in her third trimester with twins I hope I am having one very small baby. She is just sooooo uncomfortable.

Evening ladies

Midwife appointment for me tomorrow, and it will be one week tomorrow till our private scan :dance:

SpringerS - they pay you to have a baby?! I'm movin' to Ireland!!

€140 a month per child now, or €420 per month for twins but it used to be more before the recession. Back then it was a small bit more a month plus €1000 a year for each child under 5.

In the past the idea for it was that it was a payment that women had to ensure that even if they had a mean husband they had enough to feed and cloth their children. Now it's basically in lieu of state sponsored childcare.

Hey gals. Welcome newbies :flower: i had some wicked ms today. I was holding on to my desk at work :rofl: excited to be 7 weeks tomorrow and less of a newbie! :happydance:

This is dragging soooo bad for me! Anyone else?
It feels like I got my BFP ages ago when it was only a week ago! Lol.
My, oh my... it's going to be a looooooong 8 more months! I'm regretting finding out so early now, TBH. Seems like it takes even longer! I can't wait to see my midwife on the 12th... going crazy here!
Once the appointments start coming and such, it'll seem more real and go a little faster but until then I'm getting impatient!

I'm thinking I want to go with a midwife instead of my OB/GYN. Would it be wrong of me to schedule an appointment with a midwife when I have an appt scheduled with my ob/gyn on Wednesday? I'm thinking I should make the switch sooner rather than later, but I don't want to cancel my appt this week. I'm anxious to see someone. Maybe I'll just switch to a midwife once I make it to 2nd tri. What do you all think?

Yay!! My doctors nurse was so excited for me (we've talked just about every week for the last 3 months) that she got me scheduled for an appt at 6 weeks when my doctor usually doesn't see OB patients until 8-10 weeks :) Just 2 weeks to go!!

Welcome to all the new BFPs! Can't believe we are getting close to the end of the month already, I'm so excited to be moving on. Any time passing in the first trimester feels so GREAT!

I'm thinking I want to go with a midwife instead of my OB/GYN. Would it be wrong of me to schedule an appointment with a midwife when I have an appt scheduled with my ob/gyn on Wednesday? I'm thinking I should make the switch sooner rather than later, but I don't want to cancel my appt this week. I'm anxious to see someone. Maybe I'll just switch to a midwife once I make it to 2nd tri. What do you all think?

It depends on what the midwife availability is like where you live? Where I am, if you don't book one by 6 weeks you may very well not get one at all...they're very in demand!

I also see nothing wrong with having an initial Appt with more than one (or more than 2,3,4) medical professionals to see what you want to do! Your body, baby, health - your choice and right!

Congrats on the heartbeat, bumpy ride!

I have my first scan today (vaginal) at 6w1d. I know it's early, but hopefully I'll see something. Considering I really don't feel pregnant (minus slightly sore boobs), I am very very nervous. Think good thoughts?!

praying for u...all the best....i didn't see a hb at 6 weeks but 7 weeks 1 day and i saw and heard it

My boobs are sooooo sore! They hurt when I walk and I am so tempted to just hold them. Too bad I can't walk around the office holding my boobs. LOL.

ha ha ha....i totally agree on this one...i sometimes have to forcefully stop myself from actually grabbing them :haha:

I had my dating scan today and everything went really well!

My little bean measured 11mm and had a heart rate of 144bpm.

The only thing they also picked up on is that i have a chorionic hemorrhage - which the ultrasound guy explained as a pool of blood probably left over from implantation. He said it might cause me to have some spotting, but it should be old looking blood. Hopefully it's all ok and I don't get any spotting!

I had my dating scan today and everything went really well!

My little bean measured 11mm and had a heart rate of 144bpm.

The only thing they also picked up on is that i have a chorionic hemorrhage - which the ultrasound guy explained as a pool of blood probably left over from implantation. He said it might cause me to have some spotting, but it should be old looking blood. Hopefully it's all ok and I don't get any spotting!

:happydance:for the hb

don't worry...i'm sure it will be fine.....144 is a very good rate...my doc didn't tell me what mine is...but he said its all fine

Welcome all the new ladies :D. My ob/gyn practice also has a midwife working with them- The midwives can't do the ultrasound but they could do all the other stuff.

Wahoo 7 weeks today :dance:

Welcome to all the new ladies.

There's still just over a week until my first midwife appointment and approx a month to my first scan. I'm feeling so impatient :growlmad: :haha:

3 weeks today until my first scan. its been 2.5 weeks since i found out and it felt like months!! ahhh!!!! :wacko:

wishfulmom2b - time really does seem to slow down....i'm having regular scans and injections and still it seems like time is just not moving

Have any of u been told to rest at home by the doc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->