***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Name - Jillie

Age - 40!!

Edd - November 21st

No of children - This is my first

Estimated gender - Think it's going to be a boy, but am sure I only think that as I'd like a girl, which is odd as I always used to want a boy!

Are you finding out gender - Yes and I can't wait!

How long was I ttc - 2 months.

This is a donor baby, I am going to be a single mum but the donor is going to play an active role. He lives abroad but will be around as much as he can. I got to 40 and thought ok it's time to get pregnant.. ticked that box, now just need to win the lottery ;)

Ugh, don't bring up the lottery!!! I am in the states and the grocery store literally across the street from where I am right now just sold the winning power ball ticket worth 336 million!!! 336 MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!! I usually buy a lottery ticket whenever I travel to different states but THIS TIME I DIDN'T!!! GRRR!!! Even after taxes she takes home 147 million. Oh and she's freaking 81 years old. RAR

OMG! That's crazy.. 81 years old!! Well I hope she enjoys it.. I bet you're kicking yourself :dohh: I have family in America and go over quite a lot, quite a few years ago I'd got some tickets and a few days later stopped at a gas station to get a print out of the results.. I checked the results against my ticket and all my numbers where there, I was in shock, passed it over to my aunt who started screaming then she passed it to my uncle who calmly told us that I'd got a read out for the wrong lotto! In the UK at the time we only had the one lotto and I didn't realise America had so many!

How is it possible for time to drag and fly at the same time.
It seems forever to my scan which will be in 3/4 weeks time which is how long it's been since I found out I was pregnant, and that has flown!!

It seems forever to my scan which will be in 3/4 weeks time which is how long it's been since I found out I was pregnant, and that has flown!!

Ooooh god I WISH I knew when my scan even was, my first midwife appointment isn't for 13 days damnit!!
I'm so impatient it's driving me mad haha x

Ooooh god I WISH I knew when my scan even was, my first midwife appointment isn't for 13 days damnit!!
I'm so impatient it's driving me mad haha x

I still need to reply to your pm :haha:

I havent got an exact date yet, but if it's not within 3/4 weeks then I'll book a private one :haha:

My first midwife appointment is in 9 days

The waiting is killing me too! I get one last beta check tomorrow, but then don't expect first scan till 7 weeks which is still 2 weeks away for me. It's amazing to find out so early, but it makes for a long pregnancy and a lot of waiting early on. I would be tempted to ask for a scan at 6 weeks, except that a good friend had her first one at right about 6weeks and they did not see a fetal pole or hb... She had to wait a whole week thinking the worst, when it turns out everything was perfectly fine and she had twins! Soi am trying to discipline myself to wait till 7 weeks so we don't gt an unnecessary scare like that!

I still need to reply to your pm :haha:

I havent got an exact date yet, but if it's not within 3/4 weeks then I'll book a private one :haha:

My first midwife appointment is in 9 days

Haha no worries :)!
Eek a private one would be amazing but I'm gonna make myself be patient, I'm not sure how!! I guess the scan will have to be in a minimum of three weeks after my MW appt but I want it nooooow!

I'm far too excited (and ill) this time :)

I've decided I'm not having the NT this time so they're not as pushed to get me in bang on time.

I've decided I'm not having the NT this time so they're not as pushed to get me in bang on time.

Oooh yeah neither am I, I didn't last time so I don't want to this time cause I don't want to treat them unequally (do I sound mad?).
I also feel the same about birth, I'm worried about feeling guilty for not having Jess naturally if this one is born that way!

The waiting is killing me too! I get one last beta check tomorrow, but then don't expect first scan till 7 weeks which is still 2 weeks away for me. It's amazing to find out so early, but it makes for a long pregnancy and a lot of waiting early on. I would be tempted to ask for a scan at 6 weeks, except that a good friend had her first one at right about 6weeks and they did not see a fetal pole or hb... She had to wait a whole week thinking the worst, when it turns out everything was perfectly fine and she had twins! Soi am trying to discipline myself to wait till 7 weeks so we don't gt an unnecessary scare like that!

Aw your little boy is just a little older than my Jessa :).
I hope everything is great at your scan, think you're right to wait cause it could be a worry if you did have one too early and didn't see anything you wanted - should count our blessings really! x

Had my early scan today at 7 weeks. I was extremely anxious going in as my symptoms had faded a lot over the weekend but the baby is still going strong. The doctor was pretty confident that the odds of a healthy pregnancy are very good as the heartbeat is so strong and healthy.

https://i44.tinypic.com/4ikkkg.png

So pleased it turned out ok springer:thumbup:

You girls are so lucky to have your midwife appts to look forward to, I'm still waiting for mine to get back to me with a date:wacko:

Had my early scan today at 7 weeks. I was extremely anxious going in as my symptoms had faded a lot over the weekend but the baby is still going strong. The doctor was pretty confident that the odds of a healthy pregnancy are very good as the heartbeat is so strong and healthy.

That is great news!! So glad it went well. I have my scan at 6 weeks. I just hope it's far enough along for us to see a heart beat. :)

Seeing the heartbeat was so weird. My husband was all teary-eyed and overwhelmed and I was, after the initial relief, looking at the scan feeling very detached and thinking that heart is beating inside me? I'm a timelord!

Seeing the heartbeat was so weird. My husband was all teary-eyed and overwhelmed and I was, after the initial relief, looking at the scan feeling very detached and thinking that heart is beating inside me? I'm a timelord!

Yay! Amazing!

:hugs:

LOL! I can imagine it's wierd to see, but I just can't wait :) My DH is super chill... all the time... about everything! Sometimes it drives me nuts! The day he proposed, he was chill. The day we got married, not a tear! The day I told him I was pregnant, nothing (although he has told me numerous times he's very excited). He's just not the type of person who wears his emotions on his sleeve and I know that's just him and I love him for it... but I really hope when he sees our baby on the monitor he at least chokes up or something :) It's wishful thinking, but it would be so nice to see him get a little emotional.

Aw your little boy is just a little older than my Jessa :).
I hope everything is great at your scan, think you're right to wait cause it could be a worry if you did have one too early and didn't see anything you wanted - should count our blessings really! x

Thank you! And I love Jessa's name. So cute!

Congrats! And lovely pic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back