***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Good luck with the scans! Can't wait to see the pictures! X

I had my first doctor's appointment yesterday and it went great, except that my doctor was surprised I was back and acted all concerned for me since I had PPD with my first. I haven't been on antidepressants in over 6 months and it only lasted 6 weeks really, but she didn't seem too... thrilled? I guess? I don't know.... whatever. Just made me a bit sad. It kind of made me feel like if you have PPD with your first you aren't allowed to have anymore. I know she's looking out for my best interests but still - we said it was planned so she should have acted a bit more happy.

Scan on Tuesday :)

Had the midwife today - all went fine apart from her having a go at me for refusing consent for the GTT....saying I'd have a massive baby if I didn't have :dohh: Not every trust does it for a start, and the midwife I met two weeks ago said they'd probably be stopping it in our trust as well. Was a bit of a clash of personalities - kinda glad we bought a new house today and I will be getting a new midwife!

xxx

Congratulations on the new house! Sorry what is GTT?

The test for gestational diabetes afaik. But I don't know why hospitals would stop doing them? It's a serious condition that can have really nasty consequences if not treated but is very easily managed once diagnosed.

Thanks Fish&Chips. It's the Glucose Tolerance Test - often offered at 28 weeks x

Congratulations on the new house! Sorry what is GTT?

The test for gestational diabetes afaik. But I don't know why hospitals would stop doing them? It's a serious condition that can have really nasty consequences if not treated but is very easily managed once diagnosed.

Some trusts already don't do them for people who don't have any risk factors, due to the high incidences of false positives and unnecessary further testing x

Ah yes my friend had to have one of those. I didn't last time so I'm guessing I won't again. Is it an age thing or family history of diabetes?

I got told I'll be having GTT this time despite not having it last time or being any fatter. Slightly confused!

Ah yes my friend had to have one of those. I didn't last time so I'm guessing I won't again. Is it an age thing or family history of diabetes?

Risk factors are maternal age, weight, history of previous diabetes, and ethnicity

I'm 32 this time so I know I'm classified as an older mother.

I'll be having it again I suppose but I'll be booking it in for the afternoon as from monitoring last time I found my sugars were only ever high in the morning and they were never actually over the limit (except on the gtt!)

Anyone else got no symptoms? It was like this last time round. I've forgotten I'm pregnant a couple of times although that could just be me! I rang my brother earlier to ask something and forgot what it was the minute he picked up the phone!

Hi Ladies! Heard the heartbeat (a perfect 160 BMP) and saw the little olive/prune! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Unfortunately didn't get a pic, as it was just an informal scan by my midwife and her machine doesnt have the best resolution or a printer. We saw the baby very briefly and not very clearly, but it was definitely in there!

I am surprised by how not 100% relieved I am. I mean, I am relieved and happy and excited, but I STILL cant shake the worry. Jeez.

What do you ladies think to my new signature?

[IMG ]https://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq357/anng91/03041235639pm_5bfd9.png[/IMG]

If you would like it too just copy the above link and take out the space after [IMG

Aww, lovely, thanks!

Gaiagirl - that's lovely news, glad everything is ok in there

xxx

Anyone have a Doppler? I'm tempted to try to find a hb although I know it is pretty early. I used my doppler in my last pregnancy and It was very reassuring. I don't get a scan until 20 weeks but I have booked in for a private scan at 12.5 weeks but I'm driving myself nutty worrying all the time.

gaia - great news on the scan :)

lovealittle - I don't have one, but I'm thinking about getting one. I'm just nervous it'll make me anxious if I don't find a heart beat easily. what brand do you have? I've seen some cheapish ones on ebay, but not sure if these aren't very good?

Hey ladies. Just thought I'd come introduce myself here. I'm expecting my second baby and I think I'm due between 22nd Nov to 27th Nov. according to my LMP and normal 28 day cycle my EDD is 22nd Nov. however my average cycle day is about 33 so I've estimated 27th Nov.

I've yet to see the midwife and have a scan so won't know till later. However already this pregnancy is panning out to be completely different from my last. I'm completely symptom free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->