***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Hello lovelies!

We've booked another scan for next sat at 11 weeks-ish. Want to tell family soon but want to check all is ok first :thumbup:

xxx

It looks like we'll be getting our first scan next Saturday too!

I'm in two minds about being symptom free. It's a blessing because I can enjoy the early part of my pregnancy which is something I missed out on last time. But at least last time it felt real early on. Now it won't feel real until I have my dating scan.

Name? Clare
How old are you? 30
Whats your EDD, How have you figured that date? 28th November, from LMP
What # child is this for you? #1
Do you predict you're carrying a boy or girl? Yes :p (I've no idea.)
Are you finding out the gender? As soon as we can!
How many months were you TTC? 6 and a half, I had my coil out on 1st August 2011, finally got there in Feb.

I live in Zimbabwe and my doctor has an ultrasound machine in his room, we were lucky enough to see our LO when we were 4wks 5days. Going for another scan on Tuesday and some bloods, hoping to see heartbeat!

Hi Clare, congratulations :happydance:

Digestive tea biscuits and Ribena are my saviour today!

Hi Ladies,

I know this is a bit further back, but as for the GTT, I really hope they keep a really close eye on me for that. I have PCOS and have tendancies to low blood sugars. So if they dont keep an eye on that I will be taking matters into my own hands.

Fish &chips - you are still so young! If you are considered to be an older mother at 32 - what am I considered to be at 36!! :rofl: Geriatric? :rofl:
And yes this is my first! Help!!
And thanks for the sig!! Will defo be grabbing that in a bit!

Gaiagirl - you are so lucky to have heard your LO's heartbeat! I'm so hoping to hear my LO's heartbeat next Tuesday at my booking in appointment.

Lovealittle1 - not got a doopler yet but tempted to order one!
Does anyone have one already or recommend which one to get?

Boofle - you are so lucky to get so many scans!! I'm tring to convince DF that we need to get a 3D scan done later in the pregnancy, but he thinks its a waste of time and money! BOOHOO!

Some of you ladies are so fortunate to have no symptoms. I have just had the left overs, meatballs, from last night dinner and already feeling nauseous! Should never have eaten that! And I was doing sooo well today until I ate those meatballs. Guess we wont be having them again for the next few weeks!
Not that I'm complaining about my symptoms!

Clare - welcome to November Sparklers thread!!
I'm orginally from your end of the world - or at least closer - from Cape Town. Only been here for 9 years. I really miss the South at the mo! Its meant to be spring here and looks more like winter to me! GGRRR
I too had a coil removed last year! but took me a bit longer to fall pregnant - 11 months. You are so fortunate that your Doc has an ultrasound in his room. Does this mean you will get to see your baba loads? Is your GP going to deliver your baba?

Fish &chips - you are still so young! If you are considered to be an older mother at 32 - what am I considered to be at 36!! :rofl:

I was just 36 when I had my first. All being well, I'll be just 39 when I have this one. So that makes me ...?:wacko:

I have a friend that has a doppler and she's loved having it. I believe she has the Sonoline B, and based on what she says, and the research I've done, it's a pretty good one. I believe she was able to hear her baby's hb at 9w4d (sometime during the 9th week, anyway).

I feel like I'd become obsessed and stressed if I couldn't find the hb, but after having been put on progesterone and not having another u/s for another 3 weeks, I'm tempted to order one. I'll just have to tell myself that I may not hear the hb for a few weeks....and I won't allow myself to try every day.

Cridge, they have a few sites that let you rent dopplers as well. Or perhaps your friend will let you borrow hers? I'm pretty tempted myself, but like you I know I'd just get upset if I couldn't find the heartbeat.

I've thought about renting... but it seems odd. You can rent them online? Hmmmm... Actually, my friend is a bnb friend - halfway across the world! :winkwink:

Fish &chips - you are still so young! If you are considered to be an older mother at 32 - what am I considered to be at 36!! :rofl:

I was just 36 when I had my first. All being well, I'll be just 39 when I have this one. So that makes me ...?:wacko:

hhhmmm I dont know :blush:

I'm a teacher and considering that some of the mothers of kids I have taught are younger than me and already grandparents! eeekkkk help!!

But then again they must have had their first child when they were about 16?! Yup and one of these ladies, her son was 14 when he fathered a child!!
I wouldn't want this any other way TBH!

Me too 39 for this one so a proper geriatric mum to be!!

They don't officially consider you and "older mum" until your over 35 so you've a few years left!!

Me too 39 for this one so a proper geriatric mum to be!!

They don't officially consider you and "older mum" until your over 35 so you've a few years left!!

Ok so at 36 we are only considered 'older'! these days! YAY!! :happydance: at least its not like when my mom had my brother! She was 26 and considered to be 'older'! That was back in the 70's!!

How is everyone coping with the fatigue? I cant seem to survive without an afternoon nap! I'm soooo glad I'm on school holidays at the mo

ok so no hope for me then - Granny mom I will be!! :haha:

I'll be 34 a month after my due date so I'll almost definitely be a geriatric for my second pregnancy. I figure it's best to just accept it now so I don't punch someone doctor who refers to me that way when I'm in labour.

If you are considered to be an older mother at 32 - what am I considered to be at 36!! :rofl: Geriatric? :rofl:

Actually yes, Geriatric Pregnancy is the term for when the mother is 35+. Sorry.:flower:

At least here in the US they at *slightly* kinder and go with "advanced maternal age!" not much better but I'm happy it's not geriatric! :dohh: :rofl: I'm in that boat too, whatever it's called, as I'm 37.

In happier news, I had a great scan yesterday and baby is measuring perfectly, hb 124! :happydance::happydance:

For me, geriatric refers to those of a more mature age - to be PC! My mom always used to refer to old age homes as geriatric creche's! :haha: Therefore I think I prefer 'advanced maternal age'!

Advanced maternal age sounds nicer! Once upon a time, a woman having her first baby after the age of 25 was considered an 'elderly primip'.....elderly at 25!!

SK - GTT looks for problem breaking down sugars, and therefore high blood sugars, so with your low blood sugars you are actually lucky!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->