***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Funny we are all talking about the gender, I have just sat with a pendant over my tummy to see if it goes in circles or a straight line lol I don't believe in these things normally but had the pendant anyway and thought I'd see what happened. It went in circles both times. Apparently meaning a boy! Lol

Same as what the Chinese calendar predicts. We shall see!

Congratulations bbygurl - just seen your BFP news too :D

Charlie - the BF MIL bit is a bit freaky :rofl:

I think it's because we're living with her at the moment and I'm finding her a bit overpowering when it comes to raising my children. So the whole her BF'ing is just an insecurity of mine maybe? :shrug:

Not been sure whether to post this and hope you guys don't mind but not been about as a couple of hours after scan had some bleeding and went to the emergency dept of the maternity hospital where a doctor did some lovely internal exams. He said cervix seems closed and to wait and see...which wasn't very reassuring.
However, bleeding has since stopped and I still feel sick so I'll just have to wait til I see a midwife which I guess will be 16 weeks?
The doctor said the emergency dept never do extra scans if their internal exams prove to show no problems - not very reassuring but hey.
Sorry to be a bit miserable
xx

Bethancole - I'm sorry to hear that you have had some bleeding - it must be very scary. Because you are less than 14 weeks if you think you would like a scan for some reassurance you should be able to refer yourself to your EPU and if you explain about the bleeding they will likely book a scan for you. I think if you just google NHS Early pregnancy unit there is a list and there should be one near you.

Hope this helps!

x

Bethancole - I'm sorry to hear that you have had some bleeding - it must be very scary. Because you are less than 14 weeks if you think you would like a scan for some reassurance you should be able to refer yourself to your EPU and if you explain about the bleeding they will likely book a scan for you. I think if you just google NHS Early pregnancy unit there is a list and there should be one near you.

Hope this helps!

x

Hi Sharon,
I was in the emergency dept next door to EPAU and they said they don't do scans unless they find something wrong when they do their internal exam. The doctor said it about 3 times as if that's the only reason I went in when in fact, due to something similar last time (but less bleeding), I expected to be told no scan and just wanted some reassurance about my cervix being closed.
I'm hoping if I phone the midwife team on Monday they might see me and check for HB? Getting a scan seems near impossible at my hospital...I'm pretty sure they're OK...but it's not nice to not have any real reassurance and the doctor just to say 'you'll have to wait and see'!
Thank you anyway xxxxx

Thats a good idea, I am sure they will have a look for the heartbeat for you, I am sure all is fine in there :flower:

Thats a good idea, I am sure they will have a look for the heartbeat for you, I am sure all is fine in there :flower:

I think so too, I'm hoping they'll see me before 16 weeks cause that feels like a long wait to find out they're ok!
Thanks xx

Sending you lots of love Bethanchloe, I'm sure everything will be absolutely fine x

bethanchloe- I'm sorry to hear about the bleeding. I'm sure everything will be just fine sweetie. I hope that they can do something soon to reassure you.

Massive hugs chick - it's a good sign your cervix is closed and the bleeding has stopped :hugs: :hugs:

Sorry you have had a scare bethanchloe...but I have read about lots of women on here who have had bleeding after an internal US, is that what you had?

I am sure all is well, but a doppler could really put your mind at ease so I hope they will listen to the HB for you!

Nope it was a normal US, the doc did some internal exams in the emergency dept.
I'm just so confused by it all - no bleeding yesterday or today but just had a small brown stringy thing that scared me. I'm gonna ring mw tomorrow, I know the emergency dept will just do the same again :/

Sorry to hear about your bleeding Bethanchloe, do try and call the MW tomorrow, they may be able to listen with a dopplar if no scan.

Hope all is OK x

Name?
Bunny :bunny: And I'm stickin to it! LoL

How old are you?
I am 24, I'll be turning a quarter century on May 18th!

Whats your EDD, How have you figured that date?
My doctor says it's Nov 16th, we have a lot of 18th-Birthdays in my family though sooo....

What # child is this for you?
This is our first! =D We've wanted children from day one of our marriage, but thanks to college and what not we're just now getting around to it.

Do you predict you're carrying a boy or girl?
Logically I think it's a boy-- I'm the first and only girl in five generations, all the women in my family have been married in.

Are you finding out the gender?
You bet'cha! We plan to do a gender party mid-July instead of a baby shower, we have so many guy and gal friends that it just seems more practical and guy friendly.

How many months were you TTC?
We started trying in January, conceived in February. I was freaking out too thinking it'd take forever, it took my mum and dad two years to conceive-- but nooo, we're like, WHAM-BAM thank you ma'am! LawL! XD

Sorry to hear about that hun. Hopefully someone can put your mind at ease today. Hope everything's okay :hugs: xx

:hi: bunny.

Bethan, a friend on money on this forum had a bleed a couple of weeks ago at 14 weeks and was able to have a scan! She has a low lying placenta and has been told no more sex. I hope this is the same for you too and that you get some answers today. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->