***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Cake, hope you're feeling better again and you found out what James' rash was all about.

Bethan :hugs: I'm quite surprised they don't just do a scan. I hope your MW is helpful when you talk to her this morning.

It's our scan day today - but not til 3pm, so got a while to wait yet. OH has taken LO swimming while I work this morn. Then it's off to the hosp after lunch. We're taking LO with us. He loves going to the doctor's, as there are interesting toys there - he's now really excited re the idea of going to the hosp this afternoon ... I just hope we don't have to wait too long or at least that there's plenty of diversions to keep an overly active 2-year-old amused.

Rang em all up and was told to ring emergency room if worried. Not doing that as I've already done that. Eventually got a midwife's appointment for 15th May. Seems a long time :(
Oh well x

Rang em all up and was told to ring emergency room if worried. Not doing that as I've already done that. Eventually got a midwife's appointment for 15th May. Seems a long time :(
Oh well x

I am always shocked at how different healthcare is in different parts of our very small country. When I had bleeding at 20-something weeks in my previous preg, I phoned my midwife team. Ten minutes later, one of the MWs rang me back to say she'd booked me an outpatients hosp appt that morning and I was to get down there just as soon as I could make it. (It may make you feel better to know that the bleeding - very red and scary - lasted on and off for 24 hours but they never ever found anything wrong. I had an internal exam and a scan, and both showed everything as fine. I never did find out what caused it.)

I've been to the hospital and had internal exams but they don't do scans here unless your cervix is open. I just wanted someone to reassure me hmph :(

I waited I. The emergency dept for 3-4 hours completely soaked through too :( not good.

Do you know anyone who has a doppler you could borrow hun? :hugs: Maybe you could try going into a different hospital and explaining your situation? xx

Do you know anyone who has a doppler you could borrow hun? :hugs: Maybe you could try going into a different hospital and explaining your situation? xx

The two locals with maternity depts are closely linked. I am scared of dopplers LOL
Looks like I'll just have to wait :(

That's so awful they're just leaving you like that :( :hugs: Could you not go to a hospital that isn't local and see what they say? Might be worth it to put your mind at ease hun xx

That's so awful they're just leaving you like that :( :hugs: Could you not go to a hospital that isn't local and see what they say? Might be worth it to put your mind at ease hun xx

If I drove/knew where to go I'd consider it. Gonna try and be positive. Sickness is still killing me at least haha x

Friggin hospitals/midwives :( big hugs Bethan. I had a bleed at 22 weeks with my little dude. Was 12am and I was gushing red blood. Got sent to a&e, made to sit and wait for an hour with all the drunks and was then told that "they could still feel the head so I probably hadn't had a miscarriage" (all they did was feel my belly) :wacko: when I rang the midwife next morning she told me there was no need for a scan. Thankfully I was feeling movement which kept me a little reassured.

Friggin hospitals/midwives :( big hugs Bethan. I had a bleed at 22 weeks with my little dude. Was 12am and I was gushing red blood. Got sent to a&e, made to sit and wait for an hour with all the drunks and was then told that "they could still feel the head so I probably hadn't had a miscarriage" (all they did was feel my belly) :wacko: when I rang the midwife next morning she told me there was no need for a scan. Thankfully I was feeling movement which kept me a little reassured.

Thank you, we did have something similar last time but the doc at the emergency appt was just a bit nicer so I felt less worried - I'm convinced everything is OK. I mean 'he' (I can't help it, I know this means they'll definitely be a girl lol) was ridiculously active in the scan, I didn't know they could move so much when they're so little and that won't have just stopped suddenly two hours later. It's annoying to wait another 2 weeks but at least I know they're not worrying so I probably shouldn't...

Could you get an appointment with your GP? Maybe they will look for the HB for you? X

I wonder why they won't do a scan? It's crazy when something so quick and easy could help give you some answers.

Thank you, we did have something similar last time but the doc at the emergency appt was just a bit nicer so I felt less worried - I'm convinced everything is OK. I mean 'he' (I can't help it, I know this means they'll definitely be a girl lol) was ridiculously active in the scan, I didn't know they could move so much when they're so little and that won't have just stopped suddenly two hours later. It's annoying to wait another 2 weeks but at least I know they're not worrying so I probably shouldn't...

Definitely! If your cervix is closed then that is a very good sign...positive thinking and trying to relax is the best thing you can do!

Ladies - I just got an email from What to Expect that sevenslings.com is giving away free slings/carriers for mother's day. Just enter the code "WTE" at check out... all you have to cover are the shipping charges. Just thought you would all like to know!

Bethan - that's so bad they didn't do a scan! When I had bleeding iwth my first, they checked my cervix, took bloods and booked me in for an emergency scan the day after! I find though that midwives pre-16 weeks aren't bothered it's just "call your DR" but after they see you at 16 weeks then it's like their responsibility iygwim? Hopefully the bleeding will be nothing - an irritated cervix maybe? Where is your placenta?

oooh so who has their 12 week scan tomorrow :) (sorry if this seems a little bit insensitive after Bethan being refused one :( )

What the heck? Why does my signature keep getting edited?! I only have two tickers...anyone know who I need to talk to about that?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->