***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Noone here is going to judge you hun :hugs: I don't think we'll be having anymore after this one either, so I would love a little girl. I'll love the baby just as much if it's a boy, but I can't help but want one of each.

Same here Fishy. We bd'd often so it's hard to tell :wacko:

When do you ladies have your next scans? xx

https://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/time-magazines-breastfeeding-cover-moms-react-185700989.html

Have you ladies seen this? Seems its everywhere I look! Not trying to start a debate or anything just wondering what others thought. Though Im fine with breast feeding and doing it how ever long you want I dont think it was appropriate to put it on a magazine cover with such an old child. I know it says he is almost four but looks much older than that. Plus I hate the title "Are you Mom Enough". I would not put myself on a cover like that, there is some real creeps out there, and how is that poor boy going to feel when he is a teenager and other kids see it!

too weird! however to go one step further we had a mum breastfeed her daughter at work (not a colleague, a patient in A&E) and her child was 10!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm all for it until you and the child are ready to stop but that cover just makes it look so...I dunno. Breast feeding is a lovely personal thing and that picture makes it look so impersonal. Why the chair. He looks like he's just hanging there.

I've just set up an online baby pool, anyone fancy a guess?

https://www.expectnet.com/game.php?babyid=1&sort=ts

Yeah I think thats what it is more than anything, the picture makes it look bad. In my opinion if a child can form complete sentences then its too old to breast feed. My first memories were when I was three, im glad It was not of my mothers breast in my mouth.

So the picture throws me off cause he looks so old plus they are posing, and the chair, and the title.

I think the cover is amazing....but then I'm a crunchy hippie at heart :haha:

Bumpage

https://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad354/Booflebump/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNTExLTAwNzc4LmpwZw-1-1-1.jpg

https://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad354/Booflebump/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNTExLTAwNzczLmpwZw-1.jpg

is anyone having shooting pains up the ass???its funny...i have all the normal twinges low on tummy but i also have these shooting pains which feel like they are going up my bum...its occasional...maybe twice in a day or so

Lovely bumpage boofle

I love the magazine cover and look forward to purchasing a copy. I know many children that have been BF for extended times and they are all very socially confident and independent. Don't want to start a debate either. :flower:

Anyone else having Braxton hicks? I keep getting them and it seems so early. I don't remember them this early last time :shrug:

Half people's problems with the cover I think is that the woman is young and attractive - not someone more motherly.....would there be such an outcry then? (without having a debate :rofl:)

I breastfed my son until he was around 21 months old and I would've been fine carrying on until he turned 2. It's such a weird picture like you ladies said.

ETA - When I say weird I mean the pose etc, they could have chosen that better.

Lovely bump Boof! :) xx

I don't know, I kinda thought the picture was kinda neat. Its awesome that they're addressing EBF. I am still bf'ing both of my sons (almost 3 and just over 1.5) :shrug:

I don't mind when women carry on breastfeeding longer, that's their decision and their child and they can do it if they want to... BUT! I grew up with a kid who was breastfed until age 4. His mother used to do it in public and we all watched. It wasn't akward for him, but it was definitely akward for us. He was teased a lot because of it... it was just so foreign to the other kids. He refused to let his wife breastfed their own children as well. If they want to put a breastfeeding mom on the cover of a magazine, go for it, but I cannot imagine the effects it will have on this child when his friends see.

Fishy - I have thought about the shettles method theory too...so far on another thread I am in, one woman who BD'd right at O is having a boy and one who BD'd two days before is having a girl...I BD'd every day for four days including O so who knows?!?!? Until June 16th!

Bumpyride - I am having butt pain too, LOL. It is annoying!

Boofle- the bump looks so awesome!

As far as the cover...I have always had issues with the way society has created this bizarre aversion to extended BF. It is totally socially constructed, since all biological factors point to the advantages of it. Even the WHO advocates for breast feeding through toddler-hood. Personally, I don`t think that past 2 would work for me (never say never though)...but I really get a irked by the judgement about it. I just don`t get where that comes from, it is one of those things that people often are quick to say is `wrong` but really cant identify WHY it is. Obviously it is related to the over-sexualization of the female body, but still. I would love to see a day that it would just not be an issue.

Having said that, I do think the photo was specifically done in a way as to cause a reaction and create buzz...and I also don`t like the magazine using the image like that to sell copies.

Anywho don`t want to stir up controversy but I have been stewing over it since yesterday! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->