***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

I was in a major rush to be in 2nd, then 3rd I was just anxious to have him here!! I think I never took the time to really enjoy being pregnant, if thats possible :haha: This time Im taking my time! When I see my ticker say that I have 199 days left that feels like waaaay too soon! When with my son it was a life time. Im anxious for days to go by so I can find gender and feel baby move then..it can go by as slooooooow as it wants too!

I'm too impatient to want time to go slow. Saying that though, the twins could arrive any time from septemeber/october, so that scares me, more so because I feel like I haven't got much longer to enjoy James on his own.
The whole pregnancy so far has just terrified me, I have no idea why. So I just want it over already tbh :haha:

How exciting Boofs!! You going private or is it the NHS scan?

Had my OB appointment yesterday. Really the only thing she did was listen to the heartbeat on the doppler (which I do at home anyway). I didn't really have a ton of questions for her (my sister-in-law just had a baby and a lot of my friends are pregnant as well so I ask them all of my questions as they come up - or I just ask you guys!). So, basically it was short and sweet... but I was happy to hear the heartbeat, as usual :) It was strong at 165 bpm. Can't wait to start feeling flutters :)

Had my CVS. Should get results tomorrow, any time from midday onwards. Feeling utterly miserable.

Had my CVS. Should get results tomorrow, any time from midday onwards. Feeling utterly miserable.

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Lots of love! I have a feeling this will all be behind you within a day...

I can't remember if I told you all that I booked my gender scan for June 16th!!!! We are no longer team yellow...just couldn't handle the suspense.

:hugs::hugs: Im sorry you feel bad hun. I have everything crossed for you, I have a feeling things will be just fine :flower: youre in my thoughts

Colsy - I think everything will be fine and tomorrow will be a great day when you get your results.

Best of luck xx

Colsy - :hugs: I'm sorry you feel so horrible right now, but hopefully you'll get good news!

Yes - I definitely want a girl. I'm feeling some major gender disappointment now as I'm convinced it's a boy. I didn't care at all what my first was and have been SO happy to have a wonderful son, but for 10 years I've wanted my daughter and I know this is my one and only chance to get her. It's not looking good. Of course, I'll be thrilled to just have another baby and feel a little guilty for being disappointed with a boy, but I've spent 10 years raising a boy and through those 10 years, I've had many times when I've felt like I *need* a girl to go with my boy.

I told my son that it's most likely a boy and he got teary eyed (3 times). He also wants a girl so bad and said that he won't believe it's a boy until it's born. My sister was told her last daughter was 100% boy at her 20 week u/s and when she was born, it was clear she's 100% girl, so my son is hoping for the same result.

I keep telling myself that 13.5 weeks is still a bit early to know for sure, but I've been scouring the internet looking for pics of what I saw, and they're all boy. I'll come to grips with it eventually, but for now, I'm feeling a bit down. I hope I don't sound too petty and I hope no one judges me for having these feelings. I've always felt like I could be open and honest on these boards, but I know there are some out there that think I'm crazy for having gender disappointment. Truly, I'll be thrilled to have another little boy when the time comes!

Of course I'm not judging you! I have a friend in the same position as you, knowing she is only having two and just having found out she's having another boy. Don't be guilty that you feel disappointed I think that is totally natural! You will still connect with this baby and love him/her just as much regardless! You just need to grieve a little for the daughter you might not get. I would be the same!

As for your son though, I bet a lot of his sadness comes from knowing how much his mommy wanted a girl. He is going to LOVE having a brother!!!!!

Never hesitate to share what you're feeling :):)

I dont think its wrong to have a little gender disappointment. I think its normal for a person to want one a little more than the other. With the first child its easier to accept what ever gender you get, you are just happy to be pregnant and have more chances to have the gender you want.

But when you only want one more then its a little more disappointing when its not what you hope for. If I have another boy Im not going to not love him as much or anything like that, and like you said it takes a second to get use to then your excited.

I thought at 13 weeks my son was a boy and I was sure I saw a penis, the doctor still told me it was too early to say for sure, it looked like it but do not go out and buy anything blue yet. So it is a tad early. I went back at 16 weeks and then FOR SURE you could see a boy.

Whats crazy is at my 7 week appt. my pest of a husband asked the doctor what her "gut " feeling was :haha: she said her gut says boy, then spit off something about ovulation, having due date right on time ect. So it will be fun to prove both of them wrong :haha: I will be taking him to my next appointment just so he can ask again what they may see :blush: I dont want to sound silly asking so early.

Sometimes I wonder what our girl or even boy will look like. I cant imagine anything but what our son looks like!

That's funny daddiesgift, my friend says the same! She's having another boy and can't even imagine them as anything but a clone of her DS! Lol

Thanks girls!

Gaiagirl - I've been going over things in my head in regards to my sons sadness, because it's just breaking my heart. He knows that I prefer a girl, but I've been very careful not to let on just how much. He actually came to us early on and said he decided he wants a girl and we're to name her Lizzy. He had no idea at that point that we were planning on naming our daughter Elizabeth. Ever since then he's been dead set on a girl even though I continue to tell him that it might not be. :cry:

If I knew I could have more, then I don't think I'd be so sad, but it took us 10 years to conceive this baby and I was just really hoping I'd get my girl. I will absolutely love another boy and it will be fun, but I don't see myself going nuts like I was planning to if it were a girl. I guess the silver lining is that I'll be saving us a lot of money! :haha:

Cridge, we cannot afford to have another one after this baby so this is my last chance of having a girl. To make matters worse my MIL regularly 'jokes' about how this one had better be a girl. My dh is one of 2 boys and his brother and his wife had a boy and aren't planning on having any more so if this one's a boy she'll never get the girl she desperately wants. I would like a girl as I've always imagined having one but at the same time my I couldn't imagine anything more perfect than my son and it'll be lovely seeing him play with the new baby.

So in honesty yes I'd also be disappointed if I find out I'm having another boy but I'm preparing myself as know this is very possible.

I've heard that the sex is influenced by the timing of your bd compared to the ov. Basically they were close then chances are it's a boy as the boy sperm are quick but the girl sperm are more hardy and last longer. We bd 2 days before and on the day so I have no idea!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->