***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

hey guys. i took an hr nap earlier tonight (probable only slept for like 30 minutes of it though) and when i woke up i had extreme blurry vision in my left eye. i thought my glasses were dirty but it was my eye. i was having troubling reading and couldnt watch tv. it was bad. no pain.

lasted 2 hours, slowly got better after 1.5 hours. it has never happened before to me. should i be concerned?

I had exactly the same thing a few weeks ago after a daytime nap. It went after a while and I forgot all about it. I know that it's recommended you don't get new glasses or lenses during preg because your vision can be altered temporarily, so for me I just assumed it was my eyesight doing weirdo preg things. Have a chat with a doc or optician though if you're concerned.

Hi ladies. Just back from my NT scan. Baby is measuring slightly ahead so new due date is 19th November.. but ... get ready for a moan...!!..

So we arrive 30 mins early and there is no where to park. I drove around for 20 mins before my dh said I should go ahead and he will try and part in the shopping centre car park instead. I get to the maternity unit and tell them why my dh is delayed but this means nothing so get seen straight away so he missed most of it.

Then I nearly pee myself as the sonographer was so rough with me and then get told that the baby wasn't lying correctly so to go to the loo and see if that works. It doesn't so they tell me they can't do the scan and it will have to be done 'the old fashioned way'. We asked what this was and was given no information but was told to call my mw.

She told me they should have offered a re-scan so phoned to complain but is told it's the Bucks policy to only offer one scan. So if I want the test I have to wait until between 16-20 weeks to have a blood test which is apparently only 70% accurate.

Fuming and upset.

We were given one rubbish photo despite asking and paying for two (although we did get a refund).

Oh F&C, that doesn't sound good. Having just gone through my NT experience last week, I can only think how much worse it would be to have to go through it all when you're 20 weeks pg. I have no idea (and am not asking, because it's very personal) of your reasons for having the NT scan, or what you would do with the results, but if one of your choices was to terminate, then doing that at 20+ weeks rather than at 14 weeks would I imagine be much harder for you, both physically and mentally. I can appreciate that they couldn't get a reading today - after all, you can't FORCE the baby to get into the right position! - but I am really quite surprised that they won't let you come back for another scan in a day or so.

Would you consider going private to have the NT scan done? We did this with our son because at that point the NT wasn't offered at our NHS hospital. There was nothing to choose between the way the scans were done etc, but what was good with the private hospital was the fact that the consultant phoned within 48 hours with the results, whether they were good or bad.

:hugs:

Thanks Colsy. To be honest I just don't know how I would react if the results were bad. At this stage I would imagine going through with the pregnancy whatever happened but like you say I think at 20 weeks the option would be taken away from me as I remember feeling full on kicks etc at that point so there is no way I would be able to take any action.

I've been looking at costs and the cheapest I can find near us is £80 and I just don't think we can afford it. More to the point I don't think I could persuade my dh. I don't have much time either as it will need to be done before the weekend. :cry:

And also if the results are only 70% accurate I don't think I would want to risk anything more invasive to find out.

Hi ladies. Just back from my NT scan. Baby is measuring slightly ahead so new due date is 19th November.. but ... get ready for a moan...!!..

So we arrive 30 mins early and there is no where to park. I drove around for 20 mins before my dh said I should go ahead and he will try and part in the shopping centre car park instead. I get to the maternity unit and tell them why my dh is delayed but this means nothing so get seen straight away so he missed most of it.

Then I nearly pee myself as the sonographer was so rough with me and then get told that the baby wasn't lying correctly so to go to the loo and see if that works. It doesn't so they tell me they can't do the scan and it will have to be done 'the old fashioned way'. We asked what this was and was given no information but was told to call my mw.

She told me they should have offered a re-scan so phoned to complain but is told it's the Bucks policy to only offer one scan. So if I want the test I have to wait until between 16-20 weeks to have a blood test which is apparently only 70% accurate.

Fuming and upset.

We were given one rubbish photo despite asking and paying for two (although we did get a refund).

That's really upsetting! I would definitely try to get back in this week.

Fish&Chips- WOW I would not be happy! Im sorry you had to go through that. I also wonder what "old fashion" way means?? Its so odd they could not see because of how baby was laying? Im sure if they tried harder they would have seen what they needed to. I go to the ob every 2-3 weeks, same as with my son and never once have they said they could not see cause of how baby was laying.

It was lying on it's head front on. I expected to at least have been told to go walk about and eat something and for them to try again in half an hour. I guess I'm just disappointed and angry at the lack of effort made / information given.

Just had a chat with my dh and he doesn't understand why I'm upset and has told me to basically deal with it.

I guess I am wallowing in self pity a bit but I just really wanted that letter which says the chances are all will be ok.

No! You have a right to be upset. They did not treat you very well and Im sure you were excited for this appointment and wanted TWO nice pictures of your baby. As well as know for sure that baby is doing just fine. I dont think men get it sometimes,or anyone thats not pregnant really, how much appointments like this mean to us. You think people who do it all day would have known that and tried a little harder.

Even though we have decided if something was wrong with baby we would still have baby but that doesnt mean I dont want to know. I think knowing ahead of time is better than finding out at birth. You have time to come to terms with it and try and find support for it and ways to help whatever the problem may be.

Big :hugs: fish&chips. I can't believe they didn't offer to re scan or tell you to come back in 20 minutes. Do you have another hospital close? Maybe the midwife could refer you there just for your NT

Sorry that happened fish&chips. We don't have that test here but I did go for a private scan at 12 weeks and remembered from last time to pack some oj. The exact same thing happened. Baby was asleep face down and as soon as I sipped the oj and layed back down baby flipped over and was awake. I know this info does not help you now but maybe it will help some others (assuming they can stomach oj):hugs:

Thanks ladies. Have had some time to digest it and am feeling much more positive. What will be will be xx

Big hugs hun :hugs: I can't believe they treated you like that!

They don't give you a scan at 12 weeks here and you just get a big one at 18 weeks xx

:hugs: Fish&Chips :hugs:

The blanket offering of the NT scan is a fairly new thing - within the last 5 years anyway. Before, it was only offered in certain areas or had to be paid for privately. The 16 week bloods were the standard test, and gave you a risk factor for spina bifida and downs syndrome, followed by the 20 week anomaly scan. I know it doesn't really help when you are prepared and wanting a particular test, and then the sonographer proves to be obstructive, but try not to worry :hugs: :hugs:

just a quick update - had my scan at 13 weeks and they put me forward by two days! so my due date is now 19th Nov :)

all went well, baby was being very wriggly and not staying in the position to be measured. we saw him or her holding their hands together, having hiccups and putting their hand to their face, and pushing off the wall and sliding back down again :D

had the NT scan and all measured normal, DH noticed it said 1mm, just waiting for blood results in another two days

all stretched out
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=400045&d=1337190883

with hand up at face having hiccups!!
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=400047&d=1337190889

camera shy lol
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=400049&d=1337190896

We have our NT tomorrow morning... nervous and excited... Looking forward to seeing the baby, but hoping & praying everything is okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->