November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

I'm trying to decide whether or not to book a private gender scan. It costs about $70, and DH thinks it's ridiculous to spend that much money just to find out 4 weeks sooner. What do you ladies think?

I'm trying to decide whether or not to book a private gender scan. It costs about $70, and DH thinks it's ridiculous to spend that much money just to find out 4 weeks sooner. What do you ladies think?

I am lucky my sister is a sono tech so I can get son's whenever I want. Otherwise I might be tempted to do an early private scan for the gender. It was so hard to wait!

Is it bad to paint your nails? I mean i know the smell is not bad but i mean like painting them yourself with your legs all curled up.

I have always wanted a boy, because they are so much fun when they are little and way less maintenance as they get older. My husband has already said we're putting it back where it came from unless it's a girl, so I guess he feels pretty strongly about it haha!

Jalanis - I feel bad saying this, but I painted mine the other day and didn't even think about any bad stuff happening! I think it's ok, but I've never done research on it. I know women that get mani/pedis while pregnant.

Yep....exact same conundrum as you. Private gender scan will cost us $85 to find out 4-5 weeks sooner. DH thinks that's ridiculous and a waste because in his words, it's going to be the same result regardless when we find out, and what does that four weeks really gain us. I was planning to book anyway, but then a series of unexpected expenses happened and I came to the conclusion just to wait it out for when insurance will cover it. :winkwink:

I have always wanted a boy, because they are so much fun when they are little and way less maintenance as they get older. My husband has already said we're putting it back where it came from unless it's a girl, so I guess he feels pretty strongly about it haha!

Jalanis - I feel bad saying this, but I painted mine the other day and didn't even think about any bad stuff happening! I think it's ok, but I've never done research on it. I know women that get mani/pedis while pregnant.

I've had 2 pedicures since getting pregnant, and likely getting my third this weekend! It's fine... Just be careful of the fumes.

I've had 2 pedicures since getting pregnant, and likely getting my third this weekend! It's fine... Just be careful of the fumes.

I've gotten a bunch of mani/pedis since being pregnant…and I always add on a 25 min foot massage…gotta enjoy it while I can lol

Well i didnt refer to it as a pedi lol i actually painted them myself and had my legs up well at least i tried lol and i got so scared i got home and was on doppler since it concerned me. Im not sure if to get rid of doppler. It worries me if 1 day i have difficulty finding the HB and obviously i will stress about it. Hubby keeps telling me to lay off it so i wont stress.

Well i didnt refer to it as a pedi lol i actually painted them myself and had my legs up well at least i tried lol and i got so scared i got home and was on doppler since it concerned me. Im not sure if to get rid of doppler. It worries me if 1 day i have difficulty finding the HB and obviously i will stress about it. Hubby keeps telling me to lay off it so i wont stress.

Women do all sorts of crazy things while pregnant. I doubt twisting yourself into a pretzel to touch your toes will do too much :winkwink: haha! Because my knee has been hurting me, I was given a list of stretches to do, and touching my toes was one of them.

Women do all sorts of crazy things while pregnant. I doubt twisting yourself into a pretzel to touch your toes will do too much :winkwink: haha! Because my knee has been hurting me, I was given a list of stretches to do, and touching my toes was one of them.

Thanks Dissy! I feel much calmer now. Its just scary after having a MMC i actually think about it all the time.

Thanks Dissy! I feel much calmer now. Its just scary after having a MMC i actually think about it all the time.

Of course, if it is something that you are really, truly concerned about, take it up with your doctor. I have a list going myself that I need to ask mine about tomorrow morning at my appt. It's ALWAYS better to be safe! :)

I can't resist a private gender scan! But they do them here at 13 weeks. They won't give you a money back guarantee until 14 weeks, so that's why I waited another week. They also give very nice clear pictures and a dvd set to music. They also take all measurements and its $65.

I will also be getting a teddy bear with babies heartbeat inside.

Is it bad to paint your nails? I mean i know the smell is not bad but i mean like painting them yourself with your legs all curled up.

I'm an avid nail painter, although haven't done it in a while. .. I have about 300 polishes haha ! As long as you're in a well ventilated area you should be good to go. Also a lot of the brands now are 3 free or 5 free which don't have has many harmful chemicals as years ago.

anyone read you should add a year to your age when using chinese chart to predict the sex?

Its sipposed to be your lunar age. Google how to find that anduse that!

On charts it just says age at conception which would be 24 for me, then my lunar is 26 quite a differance.

Im pretty sure I've read its lunar age at conception, but I could be wrong!

Im pretty sure I've read its lunar age at conception, but I could be wrong!

all charts ive used never explained that, just said age at conception. which im sure anyone would just go by their own bday.

I think your right i came across site explaining you use lunar age.
Which if i check against girls is now correct, where as it wasnt before.

This site calculates lunar age for you and has the gender predictor chart. https://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor

Mummytoamber what is it saying for this baby? What's the website you're using to work out the sex?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->