November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Uk bargain hunters...

Costco have offers on their pampers nappies! 72 size 1 £5.69, 72 size 2 £6.59 and 144 size 3 £13.50, also offers on bigger sizes but didn't get those lol!

Fab - thanks for the info! I have just e mailed a friend with a costco card!! :thumbup:

Uk bargain hunters...

Costco have offers on their pampers nappies! 72 size 1 £5.69, 72 size 2 £6.59 and 144 size 3 £13.50, also offers on bigger sizes but didn't get those lol!

I use aldi now, i found then much better and cheaper too :)

I also plan on using aldi but I was in costco yesterday and they work out very similar in price to aldi because of the offers, maybe 50p more! (Aldi size 1 are 1.70 for 26 so 5.10 for. 78 and pampers size 1 are 5.69 for 72!!) So going to start with pampers then move onto aldi when she's a bit bigger!

Uk bargain hunters...

I also plan on using aldi but I was in costco yesterday and they work out very similar in price to aldi because of the offers, maybe 50p more! (Aldi size 1 are 1.70 for 26 so 5.10 for. 78 and pampers size 1 are 5.69 for 72!!) So going to start with pampers then move onto aldi when she's a bit bigger!

I found pampers went down over the years since having my girls, lots of leaks.
Huggies were terrible, glad they dont sell them anyways.
My costco card ran out plus its 40min away and aldi is 3min drive ha

Uk bargain hunters...

I found pampers went down over the years since having my girls, lots of leaks.
Huggies were terrible, glad they dont sell them anyways.
My costco card ran out plus its 40min away and aldi is 3min drive ha

I absolutely agree re huggies!! I got on OK with Pampers but will definitely try Aldi too!

I remember a nappy thread when I was pregnant with my first and it really interesting to read all of the comparisons between own brand nappies at Tesco's, Sainsbury's, Asda etc!

I tended to go with the offers to be honest!!

Things are going great here. Still stressing but I'm dealing with it the best I can. I have to go get blood work today to test for downs.

I'm trying to motivate myself to get out the door lol. I had a very long day at work the past two days, and then again tomorrow, and was woken up early this morning, so I just want to relax or go back to sleep but can't. I got laundry and errands to run today.

Still staying team yellow atm. OH hasn't said yet if he wants to find out. Told my parents that this past weekend and mom is still adamant that I'm having a girl. I also said to OH we should start thinking about names. He goes "i've been thinking about names" so I asked him what names he is thinking about and told me he doesn't want to say until he's got two pinned down. LOL. He also said I may not like them because he doesn't like the conventional spellings of names (ie Erin being Aryn or something like that). I told him I don't like conventional spellings either but I just want to make sure it's not a name that the child could be made fun of later on in life.

OH made a comment the other day that I'm not sure how to take or feel about. I got another bill in the mail in regards to my doctor's appointments. One letter stated about calling to see if I qualify for interest free financing (or something like that), or if I don't qualify for that something about the hospital charity group. Anyway, he read this and said "that's one good thing about us not being married yet, because you will probably have an easier time getting financial help with being single than being married." I agreed. But then he said he's been thinking about us getting married before Pickle is born. It's not like we haven't discussed marriage in the past, and even before we found out we were expecting he had mentioned it more, saying he's been thinking about it more and more. I did tell him that I don't want the fact that I'm pregnant to sway his decision to get married sooner than he is ready (which is why we aren't married already after being together for over 6 years). He said he wasn't doing that. But I don't know. While yes I would love to be married to him, have his last name, etc, I don't want it to feel like we are doing it because we are having a child together.

Selaphyna, while I understand not wanted a baby to change things - you've been together for 6 years - and you've discussed marriage in the past. All that put together, it doesn't sound like your OH is feeling pressured. Your pickle might be a reason for bringing it back up again, but if you're ready to get married, it sounds like your OH is too!

Here we go ladies!! Kella Marie is coming Nov. 20th!

:happydance: :cloud9:

Aww how cute congrats on the pink bump.

Thanks, ladies! :)

Just want to give a shout out to our sono tech. I know a lot of techs can be mean, condescending, or just plain mute on what we're seeing on the screens beside us. The tech I had yesterday was so kind, and knowledgable, and she was willing to let us know every little thing she was looking at and looking for! She explained what we were looking at when it was never obvious (such as the aorta of the heart! it looks like a candy cane!) and kept up a conversational tone the whole time.
My baby has 10 fingers and 2 feet (couldn't count the toes!). 4 chambers to her heart and her spine looks pretty great. She was measuring 4 days ahead of schedule because of her head - but we always knew she was going to have a huge noggin because of her parents! :haha:
Overall, my experience was pretty fantastic at the ultrasound, and I didn't even remember that I had to pee super bad until I sat up at the end.

yeah I know. I do know if we get married before Pickle is born my parents would be over the moon (my mom has been kind of pushing us for the last 5 years, my dad for maybe the last 3).

yeah I know. I do know if we get married before Pickle is born my parents would be over the moon (my mom has been kind of pushing us for the last 5 years, my dad for maybe the last 3).

Only do what would make you happy, but if you truly feel he wants it, and you do as well, don't ever let what other people might think the reason is, stop you. Follow your heart. :flower:

I'm so envious of all you ladies that have been able to find out gender, whether it's during the 18-20 weeks, or sooner ! I still have a few more weeks before I can find mine out :( Feels like forever !!

OH and I went and did our Baby Registry on Monday, my mom really wanted to get it done, as she wanted to buy us a bassinet as her gift, lol. Even though we don't know gender, we are going with a jungle/safari theme. I originally wanted to just stick with grey/yellow theme, but I've been doing art work, and little baby animals are adorable, lol. I've decided I'm going to paint a few pictures of "cartoon" jungle/safari animals for the nursery. Already completed one (just the drawing) and am pretty pleased :) The pic is below. I'm working on a monkey next and then a lion. If they turn out good and I like them, I may do a couple more.

10473587_10152251014363382_30116141_o.jpg

Super cute, salu!

My gender scan is in less than 48 hours (eek!) but I won't find out until Father's Day...if I can hold off that long...DH and I are TERRIBLE with surprises! I worked it out with the u/s place that they'll type out the gender on the screen, and I'm getting a DVD of the whole session, so we can watch it at home together.

Hey ladies, may I join?

I'm due November 14th with my first! We were told boy at 14 weeks but we find out for definite on the 3rd July! :blue:

Here we go ladies!! Kella Marie is coming Nov. 20th!

:happydance: :cloud9:
Awwwwwwww. Big congratulations on the girlie! :happydance:: I will update you now.
What a cute reveal! Xxx

Thank you :) poor hubby is having a rough day with his deadbeat brother though..kind of put a damper on things for him. But he's starting to come round, he wanted a girl so bad!

Looking back through these pages, I've noticed that some of the women's signatures say what team they're on even though they haven't been active here lately...it's interesting to see that there's a few more blue and pink bumps!
If I get time over the weekend I will try read back and check some sigs of people who haven't updated?

Hey ladies, may I join?

I'm due November 14th with my first! We were told boy at 14 weeks but we find out for definite on the 3rd July! :blue:

Of course...congratulations! :happydance:
Welcome to the thread, I will add you to the front page xxx

Hey ladies, may I join?

:hi: congrats on your baby! Dont feel shy for any questions you may have.

So I am impatient, and bought/scheduled an early private gender scan for this Saturday. After we got our last scan at 12 weeks, and were told that it looks like a girl, we knew we couldn't wait until July 9th for our 19 week scan to find out for sure. So I get to find out in three days, and I am very excited! Everyone thinks it's going to be a boy, and I am not really leaning a certain way. I wish I had some kind of intuition on the gender just to see if I am right. I will be very happy either way as we have names I love for both genders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->