November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

cncem - sorry about the rough sleep lately! I hope you get some sweet dreams tonight.

Salu - enjoy the weekend! I am not even a big drinker but now that is is summer, I've started to miss the odd beer, glass of wine, or gin & tonic!

So, as much as I am over the moon about knowing I am having a GIRL (eee!), I am a little disappointed in my ultrasound pics. I think maybe the baby was moving too much but I didn't get a great picture of the profile. The odd angle almost makes it look like she has a snout, like the mouth and nose stick way out. I actually didn't even want to post it on Facebook because I thought it looked weird, although she is waving which is cute. Now I bet I'll have bad dreams about this... sigh!

cncem - sorry about the rough sleep lately! I hope you get some sweet dreams tonight.

Salu - enjoy the weekend! I am not even a big drinker but now that is is summer, I've started to miss the odd beer, glass of wine, or gin & tonic!

So, as much as I am over the moon about knowing I am having a GIRL (eee!), I am a little disappointed in my ultrasound pics. I think maybe the baby was moving too much but I didn't get a great picture of the profile. The odd angle almost makes it look like she has a snout, like the mouth and nose stick way out. I actually didn't even want to post it on Facebook because I thought it looked weird, although she is waving which is cute. Now I bet I'll have bad dreams about this... sigh!

Neither am I. But since it's been so hot lately, watching everyone have a beer on the patio, makes me miss it !

Congrats on all the girls!! It's all so exciting :happydance: My sono tech didn't want to call it but I kind of forced her to, lol! My LO's were more like dots than lines, which since being able to overthink it has gotten me pretty nervous that maybe she's not a girl after all. Luckily, my sister is as invested in this pregnancy as I am (she ALWAYS wanted a girl and had 2 boys) and has decided to give me a private scan after 25 weeks so that we all know for sure if what we are buying is going to work out!

And cncem, thank you for complimenting Kella's name! So far it's been mostly met with "...why that name" or "that's...nice..." so it's refreshing to hear positivity on it :) we decided to go with yellow, green, and pink round buttons in the background of the A. It looks pretty cute!

Now that the smell doesn't nauseate me, I do miss wine and beer. The NA beer I had at happy hour a couple of weeks ago just didn't cut it.

Twinklie, I have a scan pic where my boy looks like Sauron and I have yet to have a dream about him trying to take over the world.

I miss wine. I'd love a nice glass of wine with dinner

I'm with ya! I used to enjoy a glass of wine with hubby when I get home from work, just to unwind. Now I gulp down water (or sparkling juice if I'm lucky!) while I watch hubby enjoy his reds or whites. Bah!

I'm not much of a drinker, so not being able to drink doesn't really bother me. Though when I was at my best friends bachelorette party and she was drinking pineapple and malibu, it smelled delish!!

We have Blue Raspberry Vodka sitting in our home. There are times I miss having a vodka and sprite. I'm just happy OH hasn't had one since I became pregnant. I'd probably drool.

I'm having problems as of late with him smoking, there are times I want to pick up a cig and smoke, but I know it wouldn't be good for me or Pickle. I'm just hoping that after Pickle is born I will stay a non smoker.

I'm not much of a drinker, so not being able to drink doesn't really bother me. Though when I was at my best friends bachelorette party and she was drinking pineapple and malibu, it smelled delish!!

Mmmmm which reminds me, lately I've been wanting pina colada!

Mmmmm which reminds me, lately I've been wanting pina colada!

or a strawberry daquari... especially on a hot day like today!!

Wishing all the Canadian mommies (if anyone else, other than me! lol) a happy somewhat long Canada Day weekend ! I'll be spending the day by the pool with great friends, wishing I could have a beer or two ! hah

Happy Canada day! I'm not sure what it's about but sounds like Independence day or fourth of July down here. So I'm not the only one craving alcohol? I've never been much of a drinker but I think it's the wanting something I can't have that's doing it. I stared at a tray of margaritas with longing the other day at a restaurant and a horrible craving came over me, if I'd been standing my knees would have buckled, but I held on and it passed.

Twinklie thank you, I did sleep better, although I had a weird dream at one point. About the ultrasound pics I understand. Yesterday the tech got a weird pic of her that is kind of scary. She is facing the camara and has 2 large holes for eyes, I guess kinda of like a skeleton looking picture but it looks real creapy. I gave those pics to my mil, I'm glad I don't have to look at it, its scary, lol. I got the dvd of the whole session, and she looks pretty much the same as the last set of ultrasound pics so I don't mind. It's funny though. I'm surprised that pic didn't give me nightmares, lol. I hope your doing well hun.

Ok, I just need to vent. So... I've been feeling bummed out lately. A couple of days ago, my doctor at the clinic told me to go to the L&D at the hospital for a possible overnight observation because I've been spotting that day. And apparently, which no one told me about or called me about, at my 20 week scan last week, u/s shows I have complete placenta previa! :cry:

What that means, for those not familiar with it, is that my placenta is completely covering my cervix. Which means, I should expect some possible bleeding/spotting throughout this pregnancy, risk of pre term labor and hemorrhage, and will likely have a c section at 36 or 37 weeks if the placenta doesn't move.

Great. And I thought having this humongous cyst on my left ovary (the size of my fist) is enough to worry about, now there's this :cry:

I had placenta previa wth DD but it was the low lying kind. PP can be low lying, marginal or complete, with the first two likely to move up as the pregnancy progresses. The complete variety is less likely.

Though I much prefer a VBAC, like what I had with DD, I can live with a CS, but what worries me is the possibility of pre term labor and hemorrhage. Like right now, I am only 21 weeks. I can't afford to have any heavy bleeds in the next few weeks, or they'll do a CS even if my lil baby cannot survive outside the womb yet :cry:

I'm on pelvic rest throughout, and bed rest until tomorrow which means I can go back to work on Monday. But for any bleeds or spotting, I will likely be told to go to the hospital, and who knows, potentially hospital bedrest for who knows how long. Sigh. One day at a time... I'm trying not to worry about it, but it's challenging, you know?

On the bright side, I guess if they do the CS, then they can also remove that $#@ cyst. :winkwink:

Anyone else having PP or have had experience with it??

Ok, I just need to vent. So... I've been feeling bummed out lately. A couple of days ago, my doctor at the clinic told me to go to the L&D at the hospital for a possible overnight observation because I've been spotting that day. And apparently, which no one told me about or called me about, at my 20 week scan last week, u/s shows I have complete placenta previa! :cry:

What that means, for those not familiar with it, is that my placenta is completely covering my cervix. Which means, I should expect some possible bleeding/spotting throughout this pregnancy, risk of pre term labor and hemorrhage, and will likely have a c section at 36 or 37 weeks if the placenta doesn't move.

Great. And I thought having this humongous cyst on my left ovary (the size of my fist) is enough to worry about, now there's this :cry:

I had placenta previa wth DD but it was the low lying kind. PP can be low lying, marginal or complete, with the first two likely to move up as the pregnancy progresses. The complete variety is less likely.

Though I much prefer a VBAC, like what I had with DD, I can live with a CS, but what worries me is the possibility of pre term labor and hemorrhage. Like right now, I am only 21 weeks. I can't afford to have any heavy bleeds in the next few weeks, or they'll do a CS even if my lil baby cannot survive outside the womb yet :cry:

I'm on pelvic rest throughout, and bed rest until tomorrow which means I can go back to work on Monday. But for any bleeds or spotting, I will likely be told to go to the hospital, and who knows, potentially hospital bedrest for who knows how long. Sigh. One day at a time... I'm trying not to worry about it, but it's challenging, you know?

On the bright side, I guess if they do the CS, then they can also remove that $#@ cyst. :winkwink:

Anyone else having PP or have had experience with it??

Do sorry so hear this I haven't been through it myself but I can understand the anxiety you must be going through. Rest as much as possible and just focus on each milestone starting with v day at 24 weeks.

I'm sorry Rame, I don't have experience with it but didn't want to read and run. So it's not possible for it to move up then?

Oh Rame that sounds scary :hugs: I don't really know much about it myself? Try get as much rest as possible and second opinions from medical people if you are at all unsure? Thinking of you xxx

Oh Rame just letting you know I am thinking of you. Take care of yourself and feel free to vent here anytime. Xoxoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->