November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

I am so glad we took the breastfeeding class. It helped a lot just to have some point of reference.
I knew my mom BF, and I'd seen my SIL with (then) 4 EBF babies, so I thought it was easy. IT IS NOT EASY. Lol. I'm glad I took that course, it did come in handy.

I finished painting the dresser for the nursery. You can't really tell in the pic but it's light gray and navy blue

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 14
We are signed up to take a six week course that meets once a week for 3 hours beginning August 11th already. With twins, I figured they may come much earlier than I'm expecting, so I'd rather be safe than sorry. The first three classes are labor classes (even though I'll prob have a c-section, you never know), second two focus on infant care, and the last is a breastfeeding course. I also want to sign up for infant CPR and a tour of the birthing unit but haven't got around to it quite yet.

My to-do list is still so massive! Need to paint and put together the entire nursery, get through showers, buy last odds and ends, sort through all the clothes I've accumulated from friends/cousins, pick a pediatrician, and the biggest....decide once and for all if I'm quitting my job or if we are biting the bullet on $600/week childcare. Neither option is amazing for us. I'm strongly (like 95% sure) I'm quitting and will demote myself to a part time position but that makes me nervous too. What really makes me nervous is I still don't have a clear plan at almost 23 weeks! I need to tell my boss very, very soon what my intentions are. It's amazing we are having twins and I feel so blessed, but it also threw us for a loop. With one, we would have done childcare + I keep my job no problem. Two makes it much more complicated monetarily.

We still have a long list too. The main thing is finishing to empty and clean out the nursery, which was OHs room as a kid. It's a mess ! I really want it cleaned out by end of summer so we can start to paint and out everything together. I'm also going to attempt to make a mobile for either over the change table or where I put the glider. Redo my jungle animal paintings to match the colours of the bedroom. Theres probably lots more but those are my main ones right now lol.

My baby is two today! I can't believe it.

Got him a doll for his birthday and he's so sweet feeding her and putting her on the potty. He's going to be a great big brother :)

Just thought I'd share the awesome place my babies will grow up.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jemimaskel...stle-nsw?sub=3388041_3338713&s=mobile#3338713
I would love to visit Australia! Xxx

PK, I voted for Holly and Theo. I love Theo. And I think both go well with Freya.
Couldn't bring myself to vote for Reece for a boy name, since my daughter's name will be Reese :) But I do like it.
(My first daughter's name is Chase. Obviously we like names that can be used for boys as well, so it's something we're used to!)

Won't be taking classes this time around. I did take a birthing class before when I was about 32-35 weeks pregnant (it was once a week for four weeks, 4 hours each). I took a breastfeeding class also around 30 weeks. Both were very helpful. We do intend on taking an infant CPR class, and also a sibling class with my daughter. Not sure how much she'll get out of it, since she'll be just over 2, but we'll try anyway!

Speaking of...my BABY turns 2 on Sunday! I can't even believe she's going to be 2. Thank goodness I have another one on the way, I need a baby back in my life! LOL!
I do love Reese for a girl too. Have you had many people think Chase is a boy before they meet her?

I've not heard of sibling classes over here :shrug:

Happy birthday for Sunday baby girl xxx
I finished painting the dresser for the nursery. You can't really tell in the pic but it's light gray and navy blue
Gorgeous xxx

My baby is two today! I can't believe it.

Got him a doll for his birthday and he's so sweet feeding her and putting her on the potty. He's going to be a great big brother :)
happy birthday little man xxx

PK, yes - everyone thinks Chase is a boy before they meet her. I think Reese is a little more girl-friendly so they might not assume boy first, but who knows. We're prepared for it now :)

This is the description for the Younger Siblings Class (ages 2-5). It's $20, 1.5 hours, and I'm super excited about it! Our hospital hosts it; it's where we did our BFing and birthing class.

The Younger Sibling class is a celebration of becoming a “Big Brother” or “Big Sister”. It is one of the many steps that parents can take to get their child ready for the arrival of a new baby. The class is designed for children between the ages of two and five years old. At least one parent must attend, but both parents are welcome. The class will include a tour of the hospital. Children need to bring a small photograph of themself for a craft project.

Included topics:
*Practice time for diapering, holding, and swaddling baby
*Ways to feed baby
*Feelings of jealousy
*Why does the baby cry
*Group activity

Suddenly having VBAC anxiety. I keep reading stories about it and reading about placental abruption and stillbirth and complications and I'm just FREAKED OUT. Ugh. I need to get over this.

Geralyn, I have that same dresser and I love how you transformed it.

OMG, my ankles are sooo swollen. Today has been the worst day so far. I was on my feet most of the day due to work, but it's looks horrible. I'm eating atm, so probably afterwards I'm going to take my shower and lay down, but I'm worried this is just going to get worse. Plan on calling doctor's on Monday, but don't have my next appt until August 6th.

I know you probably hate to hear it Selaphina, it's like a broken record, but I had feet and ankles so swollen and I drink so much water now, like huge glasses of ice water with a little lemon and the swelling has mostly gone away now. Really, it doesn't make sense but water is the key. The swelling happens because the weight of your uturus and everything in it is pressing down on your pelvic veins or something like that and decreasing the circulation of fluids in your legs, I think I have that right, but anyway, water will definitely help. A bonus is I went to doc today and I *lost* 4 ounces since last appt 2 weeks ago, instead of gaining the usual pound a week. I'm not trying to lose weight, but I am trying to eat healthier, drinking Lots of water and doing light prenatal pilates 3 times a week.

I know you probably hate to hear it Selaphina, it's like a broken record, but I had feet and ankles so swollen and I drink so much water now, like huge glasses of ice water with a little lemon and the swelling has mostly gone away now. Really, it doesn't make sense but water is the key. The swelling happens because the weight of your uturus and everything in it is pressing down on your pelvic veins or something like that and decreasing the circulation of fluids in your legs, I think I have that right, but anyway, water will definitely help. A bonus is I went to doc today and I *lost* 4 ounces since last appt 2 weeks ago, instead of gaining the usual pound a week. I'm not trying to lose weight, but I am trying to eat healthier, drinking Lots of water and doing light prenatal pilates 3 times a week.

LOL cncem no I know I need to drink more water. I'm going to have to make sure that I make it a point to stop and drink water while at work. I'm also going to buy myself some new shoes this weekend, and look into some different socks. BP has been wonderful last few appointments and the swelling really is only in ankles more than anywhere else, and fridays are my longest day at work, so I was on my feet alot. I'll also have to make it a point to sit down more, and if my boss doesn't like it, he'll have to deal because yeah, I don't like my feet hurting at the end of the shift.

Suddenly having VBAC anxiety. I keep reading stories about it and reading about placental abruption and stillbirth and complications and I'm just FREAKED OUT. Ugh. I need to get over this.

I'm going for a vbac too sometimes you can google too much! Having said that their are loads of sucess stories out there. Will you have constant monitoring? X

Woo, just got a second hand Medela swing breast pump in perfect working order for £35. So pleased with my bargain hunting skills :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->