November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

I've lost about 3 pounds so far from my pre-pregnancy weight. I started out overweight, and my doctor said I should aim to gain no more than 15 pounds overall. With my twins, I gained 23 pounds (I only made it to 32 weeks, though), and lost it all +6 lbs within 8 days of delivery...so it must have been mostly baby, placenta, blood, and water!

My metabolism seems to kick into high gear when I'm pregnant. If only it would do that when I'm not! I managed to gain 40 pounds in the past 1.5 years since my last pregnancy. Stress made me eat like crap.

I have trouble at night mostly because of my pregnancy induced carpal tunnel, get it every pregnancy. I wear wrist braces at night, but still wake in so much pain in my hands if I sleep wrong, it totally Sucks. I'm most comfy on my left side but sometimes I wake up on my back because my left hand hurts so bad I roll over in my sleep. I only get up to go to the bathroom a few times in the night. It gets so Hot in my room at night, but it's because of my husband heating up the whole room with his body heat, it's like sleeping next to a furnise (<I suck at spelling lately, usually I'm like a dictionary, and spell check is not helping, but you guys know what I mean, like a fireplace or something). On top of that I still have awful dreams every night. I find myself going to bed a whole lot later than I used to, usually midnight, and I think it's because I dred sleeping. I don't have a preggy pillow, but I have about 5 pillows and my husband has 1.

Princesskell, I love the name Heidi, and my favorite of the boys names is Leo. I have a female friend named Rory and I have always found her name so hard to say, and what nickname could you use with that? Everytime I hear Reece I think of Reece Witherspoon, but I love that name for a girl.

So I sent OH my five picks for names today.
Sophie
Ella
Olivia
Caitlin
Mya

His last name is Weiss (German) so trying to pick something that works well with that. He said he was really liking Olivia. Which is something we can finally agree on. My first choice is Sophie but I don't think he's sold on the name.

I have only gained 10lbs so far but 4 of those I have gained in the last 2 weeks despite my bump measurement not having changed so after very little/very slow weight gain I am worried I am suddenly going to really pile it on now! I haven't changed my eating habits but I haven't eaten particularly well through out so far (too tired to go and do a proper food shop so I do the lazy option of eating out a far amount).

Is anyone doing prenatal yoga or aquanatal etc to work out? If so, how are you finding it? I think I need to start doing some exercise again but I have cancelled my gym membership :/

Salu, I like Caitlyn and Olivia, both are pretty.

So I got my diapers today!!! They are all so super cute, I'm so excited! They are the Alva Baby color snaps, with double gussets on the legs to keep messes in, and square cross-over tabs, and snap in inserts that will agitate out in the wash and double pocket openings one in the front and one in the back and they are so soft and did I mention super cute!?! They snap down to really small size they will fit her right home from the hospital. I have about 10 packs of disposables but I'm thinking of giving those away and going cloth from the beginning. Here are a couple pics.

Attachments

• All of them (Alvas).jpg
    All of them (Alvas).jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 040.jpg
    040.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 2
  • pink Alva.jpg
    pink Alva.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1
littlefishy I'm doing prenatal pilates on the swiss ball video at home and love it. It feels good to really stretch out your muscles and do core muscle work and get the pelvic floor ready for birth, and it gives me a feeling of doing something about gaining weight that I don't feel I have control over. It's great! I wouldn't feel comfortable going to a gym now and with this heat walking is out of the question, unless I go at night.

I'm doing prenatal yoga and I love it. Not only because it really focuses on the muscles you need for labor and delivery, but also for the interaction with other pregnant women.

I've also been walking through my hilly neighborhood, but with temps hovering around 100 F here, it's hard to get motivated. I was a cyclist before getting pregnant, but 4 hours on a bike with a heart rate near 160 is probably not a good idea. (also the fear or crashing)

Littlefishy I have practised Iyengar yoga for the past 15 years and intend to continue as far as possible like I did last time. I swear it helped with pregnancy and labour.
I've also been going to the gym twice a week and doing some light work on the treadmill and elliptical machines. I did work out a lot before pregnancy too, they say try and keep up to what your body is used to? Xxx

I signed up for a prenatal yoga class that starts next week

I had lost 3 pounds, but have since gained to be back up 9 pounds over pre pregnancy weight. I am on vacation this week though so we will see how I do after all this relaxing and eating!

I started prenatal yoga and love it. I feel relaxed and all stretched out afterwards.

I am still down about 13 lbs from pre pregnancy weight. In the past I have been a third tri gainer so I'm sure I'll catch up. I have been on modified bed rest this pregnancy so I am unable to do any exercises. I am kind of envious of those still able to be active as I am usually in the gym 4-6 times a week.

I'm still down 2lbs from prepregnancy weight atm (my measurement, 5lbs if you go by what doctor's weighed me in at). I try not to weigh myself but usually do on Wednesdays since those are normally when I have my doctor's appointments.

I'm expecting to gain most of my weight this month or at least in my 7th month. That's how it was in last pregnancy, and how my mom's pregnancies went (all 3 of them, she gained the most weight between 6-7 months.)

I sleep for the most part through night. Don't have too much trouble. But usually about 4-6am I feel I need to get up to pee. I snore quite a bit though and OH has problems sleeping. He usually rolls me over to my left side to try to stop it, but no such luck since I've became pregnant. I find it uncomfortable on my left side though. I still sleep on my back mostly as that is most comfortable with me, or find myself on my right side. Once OH get's up to go to work though I take over the whole bed, lol.

Once OH get's up to go to work though I take over the whole bed, lol.

Me too lol. I sometimes can't wait for him to get up so I can get comfy, he tends to take most of the bed and sleep right in the middle and I barely have any room on my side.

Once OH get's up to go to work though I take over the whole bed, lol.

Me too lol. I sometimes can't wait for him to get up so I can get comfy, he tends to take most of the bed and sleep right in the middle and I barely have any room on my side.

LOL for the most part that's how it is with him, which really doesn't bother me as I get really warm at night with both of us under the covers. Our bed is right up against the wall, and I sleep on the side that is right by the wall. So I usually am right up against the wall to help cool myself down at night, and so he usually ends up on the middle because he wants to cuddle.

And yeah, he leaves in the morning, wakes me up to kiss me goodbye, and I end up moving over into the middle with one of my legs and arms out on his side. :)

PK-I voted for Heidi and Leo. I think those names sound best with Freya.

Salu-I love the name Olivia!

PK - I have voted too!

Freya is actually top of our list for this baby, but Holly is also on the list! Chloe is already calling this baby Freya so she has her mind set already!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->