November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Thank you for all the votes!!

Pussy galore I still.love Freya so much I worry another name won't match up!

Had my 25 week midwife appointment today, baby's heartbeat is perfect and she measured my tummy measuring perfectly at 25 weeks, blood pressure is fine too!

When is everyone booking their antenatal classes?

So I sent OH my five picks for names today.
Sophie
Ella
Olivia
Caitlin
Mya

His last name is Weiss (German) so trying to pick something that works well with that. He said he was really liking Olivia. Which is something we can finally agree on. My first choice is Sophie but I don't think he's sold on the name.
I like Caitlin and Mya. The other three are nice but just soooo popular.

this is us...haven't found a name we love every bit as much as we love our 3 yo's. But thinking back, I liked her name when we chose it, more than any other we discussed, but what really makes me love the name is knowing the person it belongs to. So it's not exactly comparing apples to apples. I'm not sure that sounds right but it's hard to find the right words.

Had my 25 week midwife appointment today, baby's heartbeat is perfect and she measured my tummy measuring perfectly at 25 weeks, blood pressure is fine too!

When is everyone booking their antenatal classes?
congrats that's wonderful news. :) Just last night I was thinking I need to book my classes but I haven't yet. Need to see what's available.

this is us...haven't found a name we love every bit as much as we love our 3 yo's. But thinking back, I liked her name when we chose it, more than any other we discussed, but what really makes me love the name is knowing the person it belongs to. So it's not exactly comparing apples to apples. I'm not sure that sounds right but it's hard to find the right words.

That is a lovely way of putting it...thankyou! I always worried I would change my mind on a name, go off it or come across something I proffered but I never have. I never thought it was because of the person I've named! :thumbup: xxx

I don't think I will do antenatal classes again. The only thing I got out of it last time was meeting up with new mummy friends. I went early December last time and my edd was early january.

Just thought I'd share the awesome place my babies will grow up.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jemimaskel...stle-nsw?sub=3388041_3338713&s=mobile#3338713

We're planning on taking classes, probablynot until September. It's $150 here to take them, and afterwards we get a tour of the birthing unit at the hospital. We'll probably end up doing the weekend course, since both our schedules don't allow us to do it in the evening.

We're taking a 5 week Bradley Method course starting the beginning of Sept. I'm due the end of Oct

I also need to sign up for classes. Want to do the hospital tour, labor classes, baby CPR, and breast feeding. Just lately I am starting to feel a little behind. The nursery is almost there but we still need to register, pick a daycare, sign up and take classes. Agh! I think when I am on vacation I get stressed about everything I am not doing. But I guess it will all get done!

salu I was trying to figure out why "Sophie Weiss" sounded sooooo familiar, so I googled it and...Sophie Weisz was a well known holocaust survivor! Kind of crazy how small the world is, that even with a name so uncommon, it still (sort of) has a companion in the world. But, I'm sure it's not the same pronunciation, and it is a beautiful name. :flower:

PK, I voted for Holly and Theo. I love Theo. And I think both go well with Freya.
Couldn't bring myself to vote for Reece for a boy name, since my daughter's name will be Reese :) But I do like it.
(My first daughter's name is Chase. Obviously we like names that can be used for boys as well, so it's something we're used to!)

Won't be taking classes this time around. I did take a birthing class before when I was about 32-35 weeks pregnant (it was once a week for four weeks, 4 hours each). I took a breastfeeding class also around 30 weeks. Both were very helpful. We do intend on taking an infant CPR class, and also a sibling class with my daughter. Not sure how much she'll get out of it, since she'll be just over 2, but we'll try anyway!

Speaking of...my BABY turns 2 on Sunday! I can't even believe she's going to be 2. Thank goodness I have another one on the way, I need a baby back in my life! LOL!

Small world ! It's funny because OHs first name is Eric, and last name Weiss. So if you know Houdini's (magician) really name, it's Erik Weiss. Totally not planned by his parents lol.

It's weird how yesterday I felt so huge and today my maternity pants feel too big for me !

My old hospital had a "refresher childbirth" class, but I'm not aware of something like that at my new hospital. I can take a tour for free, but I kinda want to take a class again, at least a short one, just to get a feel for how things are different (or not) from my previous experience. If it were the same hospital, especially if there were no refresher course, I'd definitely be tempted to skip it this time.

Also would like to do a sibling class for my DD.

I need to look into it. Before, I had options to pay per class or a flat rate for however many classes I wanted to take. Some of the safety stuff changes, or are easy to forget, so a reminder never hurts. I'll just have to see.

As for the exercise thing, I'm restricted to do anything very strenuous at all, and I'm not really into yoga (sorry that's like blasphemy I know). I used to hear of water aerobics but I can't find anything like that now. :(

Classes seem to be so much better over in the US! I booked onto mine yesterday and all I get where I live is a 2hour birthing class and a 2 hour class about postnatal stuff so presumably about child care etc but that is it!

I signed up for a 3 week childbirthing class. it is the beginning of September so hopefully I can remember everything come November. We will also get to tour the hospital. I haven't decided on whether I want to take a breastfeeding class or not.

We toured the hospital very early on at like 8 weeks because we went to a meet the midwives night when I was trying to decide if I wanted to use them or not

I've done two hospital tours, because I had options about which one I was going to use. My group of midwives deliver at both!

It was great to help us make a decision. We were going to do a Bradley class, but they're so expensive, so instead, we've ordered a few books and are going to be trying to work through the material as best we can on our own at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->