November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Missy I'd be pissed too. Can you fight it at all do you think? I feel blessed now, because my insurance will cover almost any breast pump up to $500. I'm doing some research, but will definitely be going with Medela, just a matter of which one. I can't order it until 30 days before my due date though.

I don't know if I can fight it. The guy I talked to on the phone told me I could try talking to my doctor to see if they could find anyway around the prior authorization rules. But officially, the only way I will qualify for an electric breast pump is if I have a serious medical condition that forces me to have a prolonged absence from my children, or if one of my children has a serious medical condition necessitating the electric pump (example: cleft palate). I don't know... I have my GDD test tomorrow and will see my OB so I'll ask her, but I'm thinking I may be out of luck. I just think it's stupid. Should I have one of those qualifying conditions, presumably I wouldn't know until after birth and AFTER I'd already purchased the pump of my choice out of pocket. And no one can convince me that covering a $50 manual pump is helpful- either practically or financially. Sometimes I hate insurance and how they get around mandates with little loopholes.

Oh well, what can you do? It's not a huge deal - just annoying. Sorry for the vents.

I had a nipple leak at 23 weeks! Whaaa. I'm happy though that it hasn't leaked since.

If I had your scare Salu, I wouldn't BD either.

I've had more sex this 2nd trimester than I've had in my previous pregnancies combined.

28 weeks today! Ahh can't believe in only 12 weeks I'll have a baby in my arms!

Yay G for 12 weeks left! What an awesome milestone. I have it on my calendar that I'm T-12 weeks on August 27th. Seems like forever away!

Missy, there's really nothing you can do to fight it, except maybe talk to your employer (or your husband's employer) if you have insurance through the company. A lot of the time, the employer sets up the plan, so they determine what is part of coverage and what isn't. Of course sometimes they use "canned" options that the insurance company has provided for them and they don't actually make any decisions. But honestly, the only way that this is the insurance company being stingy is if you're insured directly through the insurance company. I know way more about this than I want to, my job is employee benefits. But if that's the way the plan is set, fighting it won't do anything but waste your time. My husband's company is owned by AllState, which is a HUGE employer, and they typically have better benefits because they can afford it. If you/hubby work for a smaller company, chances are that benefits aren't as rich. Or nobody has bitched about it before!

And on the sex conversation....DH and I were like bunnies before we got pregnant with DD1, and it's gone downhill from there...LOL. Especially when I'm pregnant. I have zero sex drive. We try for about once or twice a week when we're not preggo, but during this pregnancy so far...I say that we're probably once every 2-3 weeks. Having a toddler around doesn't help much. I'm already exhausted from the pregnancy, and from her. It makes it hard to make time for that, when all I want to do in my "spare" time is get 5 extra minutes of sleep!!! I wish (and DH wishes!) I was one of those ladies whose sex drive jumped during pregnancy, but sadly I'm not. I'm jealous of you who are!

Thanks MarieMo. We get our insurance through my DH's employer, and he is employed by The State of Wisconsin- so typically we have very good benefits. It's one of the few perks of his job, honestly., and part if what keeps him there. Our benefits used to be awesome, but the current political climate here has made them not as amazing over the past couple years- still good and better than most, so I'm not complaining.

Regardless... I'm over it and on to bigger worries. I FAILED my 1 hour glucose test this morning! :( I'm pretty freaked out right now. My blood came back at 140 and apparently my doctor's office wanted 130 or less. Everything I'm reading online though says they look for 140 or less for the one hour? Thoughts on this? I have to go back on Thursday for the fasting 3 hour. The nurse sounded kind of grim on the phone. I feel down. :( Plus, my blood pressure was slightly elevated (nurse said still normal range), but that makes me nervous too! I have all sorts of pregnancy related complications like GD and Pre-Eclampsia running through my head now. Things had been going so smoothly for me up to now, I just assumed I would pass... Even though I knew I was at a higher risk. Anyone been through this? Am I over reacting? (Probably).

Sorry for all of my negative posts yesterday and today! :(

Missy - a lot of people who fail the 1 hr pass the 3 hr. Hopefully you'll pass and not have to worry. Bring a book or something to entertain you while you're there

Sorry about the insurance annoyances and the GD test, Missy. I bet you totally pass the three hour! Try to limit sugar intake a day or two before that test just to be safe. It will all be fine! :hugs:

I actually have my glucose test this Friday afternoon. Hopefully I feel ok after so it doesn't ruin my Friday night! We also ordered our special order glider recliner from Babies R Us last night... to bad it can take 3 months to come in!

Thanks ladies! I know it's common to fail the 1 hour then pass the 3 from everything I've read, but the nurse on the phone was soooo doom and gloom. She was talking like I was dx with GD already. When I asked her the chances on passing the 3 hour, she was just so matter of fact - "some do, lots don't." Thanks, nurse.

Twinklie, I'm sure you will be totally fine after the 1 hour. It was honestly no big deal. I didn't have to fast for that one (ate a bowl of oat cereal before I went in). The drink honestly tasted like the McDonalds HI-C orange drink to me. Sugary, yes...but not overly, disgustingly so. :flower:

I've never had the gtt test missy, but I hope everything is ok. Just try keep as calm as you can...easier said than done I know :hugs:

I finally had another midwife appointment today and she measured me at 30weeks :wacko: she said as I am tall and my dd was so big ths is nothing to be concerned about. Everything else seemed good apart from her collapsing my vein while trying to take blood :dohh: ouch!
Hb was 140 again...not very helpful for gender guesses? Xxx

Missy, I think you should go ahead and get the manual pump, at least so you'll have it. It sucks they won't provide an electric one. And I know I've said it before, but with my previous two pregnancies I failed the one hour test and had to go back for a four hour fasting test, and passed that one both times. My mother has diabetes and my grandmother did too, so I'm more likely to get it as well later in life. I wouldn't worry too much. Yes, like Twinklie said bring a book, it'll help pass the time. Do you recall your bp numbers? Mine are usually about 135/85 without medication, but about 120s over 70s with meds.

And tomorrow will be a week after I reached my v day, yay. My step father passed away on my v day so I didn't feel much like celebrating. I miss him, but I know he is in a better place.

And tomorrow will be a week after I reached my v day, yay. My step father passed away on my v day so I didn't feel much like celebrating. I miss him, but I know he is in a better place.

So sorry! My stepfather passed away 51/2 years ago. I still miss him so much. Our LO second middle name will be after him. Collin David Philip

Thank you Geralyn, and nice bump!! I can't wait till I'm 28 weeks, that is my next milestone :).

And I just realized I'm at double digits countdown wahoo!! My doc is going to induce at 39 weeks, so only 99 days to go.

And Geralyn, what kind of dogs do you have? They are beautiful! I have an American Bulldog mix and she looks alot like that, white with tan colored areas.

Busted out what I thought was a really cute black and white flow-y polka dot blouse today, and paired it with a hot pink belt over my bump with black skinny slacks and flats for my first day back at work as a teacher today. I felt like I looked pretty fantastic for once in a long time! Then I get home and my husband off-handedly says "ugh take off that stupid belt, it looks so weird with that shirt" and COMPLETELY deflated any amount of self confidence I had! :cry:

To be fair, I did hit him in the eye when I was shaking out a new trash bag, so...maybe we're even.

Busted out what I thought was a really cute black and white flow-y polka dot blouse today, and paired it with a hot pink belt over my bump with black skinny slacks and flats for my first day back at work as a teacher today. I felt like I looked pretty fantastic for once in a long time! Then I get home and my husband off-handedly says "ugh take off that stupid belt, it looks so weird with that shirt" and COMPLETELY deflated any amount of self confidence I had! :cry:

To be fair, I did hit him in the eye when I was shaking out a new trash bag, so...maybe we're even.

He needs to learn that "you look so great and beautiful" is the only thing you should say to a pregnant woman in regards to her appearance.

And Geralyn, what kind of dogs do you have? They are beautiful! I have an American Bulldog mix and she looks alot like that, white with tan colored areas.

They are pitbull mixes. Daisy (tan and white) will be 7 and a lot of people say she looks like an American Bulldog. Murphy is one (brindle and white) he's a pit/hound mix. I don't know exactly what they are, they're both rescue dogs. And they follow me around the house at all times!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 2

He needs to learn that "you look so great and beautiful" is the only thing you should say to a pregnant woman in regards to her appearance.

Yes, that is the only acceptable answer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->