November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

congrats on v-day people, its a great milestone!

I'm in 3rd tri WHAAAAAT?!?

I think because its my second and ive not bought anything it doesn't feel like its really going to happen. but it will.....

Ha ha... I am just the same!

With my first, I started baby shopping once I had had the 12 week scan.. whereas this time round, I am scarily laid back!

Congrats on v-day, Twinklie!!!

And I finally hit V-day myself!!!:happydance: I feel like I've been counting down forever towards this! Next step... Count down to 27 weeks and third tri. (Can you tell I'm getting impatient?:haha: The only thing helping is setting small goals to countdown towards. Lol)

This is a big baby week for me. I have my GDD test tomorrow, and an ultrasound checkup on Wednesday. I'll be going in every 4 weeks now for ultrasound monitoring. Can't wait to see my babies again! I'm a little nervous about the GDD test. I'm slightly higher risk of developing GD just because of multiples and the fact that I have PCOS. I'm hoping it's all ok though.

Congrats too MissLissy :thumbup:

I have a GDD test booked in for 18 Aug so you will have to post some feedback?! I didn't have one with my first and am only having one this time because of age. I hope it goes OK for you! I then have a scan on 22nd and then monthly. I can't wait to see this little one again either!

My friend who was expecting twins had them at the weekend and she made it to 38 weeks and each one weighed over 6lbs! I don't know how she did it!! Respect!!

Congrats on v-day and 3rd tri!
I have 2 weeks + 2 days left in second tri. Once I hit 27 weeks I can officially start panicking that I'm not ready to be a mom of 2. Ha!

congrats on v-day girls! :)

slightly personal but how are your oh's dealing with the pregnancy in the sense of being intimate with you? My OH told me over the weekend that he has no libido atm, and really hasn't since I found out. I think since finding out we have only had sex 4 times, and three of those times was before I started getting bump, last one was about 3 weeks ago. It's frustrating. He tells me because he's afraid he's going to hurt me or Pickle (I understand it, as this is the first time he's been with someone who's pregnant), plus stress from making sure we have everything by the time he gets here (again I understand that too). It's just frustrating to me, and doesn't help with my self esteem when I feel like he doesn't want to be intimate with me (he knows all this too, we seem to be at an impasse, until after Pickle gets here).

Sorry, I'm slightly depressed today because of this.

Just found out the Medela breast pump is completely covered by my insurance so i ordered that.

Awww Selaphyna, I'm sorry. I kind of have the opposite problem. My dh has always had a sex overdrive, and finds me especially attractive with a massive bump. I've never cared too much for sex, used to be a bit relieved when af came, then I'd have a week off, lol. Sometimes I'm just feeling heavy and achy and not in the mood. Sounds like your husband just wants to be extra careful and better safe than sorry, it's nothing to do with the way you look. Sorry if TMI, but maybe you could suggest positions like "doggy style" (I wish there were a better word for that one :blush:) that won't put any pressure on you or baby.

Sex drive? What sex drive. Ugh. That's all I'll say.

As for being prepared, I just found out that my donor (9.5 lbs) and his sister were both 1 month early; his sister just had a baby one month early; his son was born 2 weeks early; and I was only 3 days early (8.5 lbs). I'm planning on being prepared by the end of October, though irony would be that I go 42 weeks.

Few more days to enter third tri! As for me i may be getting a 3d costs around $95-135..i got it with my LO and as excited as she is i want her to experience it also as she has been excited always getting, hugging and kissing my belly and knows its her baby brother.

Just found out that hubby's insurance will cover ANY double electric breast pump. Score. Or at least, any sold by one of their 10 contracted durable medical equipment providers. At first glance, I have a ton of options.
I currently have a Medela FreeStyle and I love love love it, but it's old and very much used. Trying to decide if I should get another one, or something else. Time to research, I guess!

I'm probably unique in my opinion here but I'm not a fan of 3D scans. I think they are so good you get to see too much of what the baby looks like...and you know I like my surprises! Xxx

PK, I think we are 2 peas in a pod! my husband and I aren't doing the 3D scan because we like imagining what our little one will look like when we get to meet it. We are also adamant about staying team yellow and im afraid a 3D scan would ruin it!

My OH also says he finds my bump a turn on. I'm the one who is not as into it. We probably do it like once a week right now. He would do it everyday if I would be into it.

DH still seems to have plenty of drive. My bigger boobs get lots of attention!!! But, TMI, I do think he is more gentle when finishing now.

congrats on v-day girls! :)

slightly personal but how are your oh's dealing with the pregnancy in the sense of being intimate with you? My OH told me over the weekend that he has no libido atm, and really hasn't since I found out. I think since finding out we have only had sex 4 times, and three of those times was before I started getting bump, last one was about 3 weeks ago. It's frustrating. He tells me because he's afraid he's going to hurt me or Pickle (I understand it, as this is the first time he's been with someone who's pregnant), plus stress from making sure we have everything by the time he gets here (again I understand that too). It's just frustrating to me, and doesn't help with my self esteem when I feel like he doesn't want to be intimate with me (he knows all this too, we seem to be at an impasse, until after Pickle gets here).

Sorry, I'm slightly depressed today because of this.
I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope you can keep talking it through with each other :hugs:
I too have it the other way...dh seems obsessed with me, but it just freaks me out right now. I've tried talking it through but he doesn't seem to get it :nope:

I'm probably unique in my opinion here but I'm not a fan of 3D scans. I think they are so good you get to see too much of what the baby looks like...and you know I like my surprises! Xxx

PK, I think we are 2 peas in a pod! my husband and I aren't doing the 3D scan because we like imagining what our little one will look like when we get to meet it. We are also adamant about staying team yellow and im afraid a 3D scan would ruin it!
:haha: good to know im not alone! yey much as I love normal scans I do always find it scary the surprise will be ruined! Xxx

I had a huge sex drive when I was pregnant with my first too, and then it didn't bother me because my ex and I didn't see each other alot (we lived 3 hours apart), but when we were together it was very enjoyable. I was 19 and my ex was 21 at the time.

This time around I'm 31, and my OH is 38. He says he finds me attractive and has been making more comments about my bump, nothing bad, and he's loving, touches me and rubs my back etc, but we don't have sex. I've always had the higher sex drive in the relationship, but we had some bumpy parts in the beginning of the pregnancy and it makes it hard on me and frustrating for me.

OH and I haven't had sex since we found out. Which Sucks because both our birthdays and our anniversary have fallen within the past couple of months. I wanted to but OH didn't wanna hurt me. Now since we had the scare a few weekends ago with the bleeding I don't think we'll be doing it anY time soon !

In other news, I leaked out of one of my nipple today, lol. Got home from being away for the long weekend, took my bra off and felt wetness on my shirt. I was like great, it's starting now ! Haha

Ack! You girls are reminding me to call my insurance to talk about breast pumps! I keep forgetting to do that. I'm really hoping they will cover a dual automatic pump, preferably Medela, cause that's what I want!

I can probably count on one hand the number of times DH and I have been intimate since finding out. :blush: It's totally because of me though.... I just am not in the mood and keep irrationally worrying about babies. DH would be having A LOT more sex if it were up to him- he thinks I'm being paranoid. He's not wrong.

Blech. Just called my insurance. They will only cover manual breast pumps unless one of my babies has a serious medical problem that deems an electric one necessary. I'm sorry, but that's crap. Manual pumps are like no more than $50 at the store, so it's not really helpful to cover those at all. I'm having twins and still plan on working part time at least. I will need to pump, and pump a lot. I'm not dealing with a manual pump. I don't even know how long I'll be able to breast feed with two babies, so I was really hoping insurance would cover the $300-400 piece of equipment so I didn't potentially waste my money. Sigh.

Sorry for the rant... Just frustrated. Also sorry if I sound whiny and entitled. I'll get over this. Haha

Ugh Missy that stinks! An electric pump should be mandatory!

Sorry Missy, that's frustrating :(
I agree that an electric pump should be required. Even a single one would be extremely helpful! Boo!

Missy I'd be pissed too. Can you fight it at all do you think? I feel blessed now, because my insurance will cover almost any breast pump up to $500. I'm doing some research, but will definitely be going with Medela, just a matter of which one. I can't order it until 30 days before my due date though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->