November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

I just noticed I'm starting to get a linea negra from my belly button to the top of my bump. It's still very light but def there

I had an ultrasound this morning but the technician didn't measure baby or fluid! So I have to go back at the end of the month. I can say I'm mad but it is frustrating.
I'm measuring at 28 weeks when I'm only 24w4d so my midwife was concerned.

I'm pretty sure I saw we are having a boy. But I'm not calling it yet and letting it still be a surprise. I could be wrong...
Look at that face though! SO cute!

I'd be very frustrated too. Have you measured on track with previous ultrasounds? Have you had the GDD test?

Baby has always been a few days ahead. At 19w4d baby was 12oz and on the long side. Just not 3weeks ahead! I think though i have been big but they didnt notice how big until they took the tape measure out yesterday. I have GDD test at my next appointment. Im guessing it will show something as my blood sugar does go up and down easily even when im not pregnant. I use to test it but have figured out how to keep it pretty regulated.

So this is random but interesting...
this website calculates your 'alternative due date' based on personal factors.
My alternative due date is...my actual due date. Ha!
Or, if I say this is my first pregnancy, it says Nov 22nd instead of Nov 19. I didn't go through labor with my first one, so I don't know if that has any impact on things. Either way - kind of fun.

https://www.pregnology.com/due-date-alternative.php

Mine is the same day. I must say i think baby will still come early. I am still on progesterone because my levels are low (which i wonder if that is contributing to baby)

I also found out the radiologist saw an in consistency with the bowel. I think my midwife said the thickness of the lining. They aren't sure if it was the probe used or something they need to look at further. We can wait or go in sooner. Right now we've decided to wait as I don't think they could do anything about it anyways.

Happy V day, Salu!

I'm definitely not paying for a 3d scan. I'm going in every four weeks now for ultrasound monitering starting with the 20 week scan (next scan coming up this Wednesday) just because of multiples. All the ultrasounds are with a perintologist at my hospital and they have high tech equipment and have turned on 3D/4D imaging for me at every appointment so far so I don't see that changing. All courtesy of my insurance. I feel spoiled!

I'm probably unique in my opinion here but I'm not a fan of 3D scans. I think they are so good you get to see too much of what the baby looks like...and you know I like my surprises! Xxx

I don't think we will do a 3D scan either. I'm with you PK, I like anticipation of seeing what they really look like. Plus I'd rather save that money.

My 3d scan is only £59 pounds I think that's a good price. I agree it does mean you get a sneak peek of what baby looks like for me Thats great I had one with DS and it was amazing. I didn't feel like it had ruined any surprise. However I'm also one who's found out gender so I'm happy to know these things.

My 3d scan is only £59 pounds I think that's a good price. I agree it does mean you get a sneak peek of what baby looks like for me Thats great I had one with DS and it was amazing. I didn't feel like it had ruined any surprise. However I'm also one who's found out gender so I'm happy to know these things.

Agreed... nothing will beat that moment of meeting baby for the first time, regardless if you've seen their cute little face before. I also like the idea of comparing the 3d ultrasound pictures to them when they are born. I've seen people do it and it's so incredible!

Happy V-day Salu! :)

we aren't planning on getting a 3d scan. 1. not sure where around here it is done (I'm sure it would be done down in the town I live in, which means we would both have to go down), 2. not sure how much it would be (we are watching our expenses), and 3. OH is freaked out by the photos on here from others' 3d scans, that yeah he wouldn't be able to sit through one.

Anyone still working? I plan on doing so until I'm told I can't or I go into labor. Yesterday, our owner was actually at our store. He asked me what my plans are, and if I plan on working up until baby is here, and that I plan on coming back after my 6 or 8 week post partum break? This is like the 3rd time he's asked me this in just the last two months. I did tell him that the plan is work until I can't, or I go into labor. Told him we are still looking for daycare/babysitter, but the plan is to return to work (though part of me wants to find something closer to home, but that's something I'll really have to worry about later.)

Happy V-day Salu! :)

Anyone still working? I plan on doing so until I'm told I can't or I go into labor. Yesterday, our owner was actually at our store. He asked me what my plans are, and if I plan on working up until baby is here, and that I plan on coming back after my 6 or 8 week post partum break? This is like the 3rd time he's asked me this in just the last two months. I did tell him that the plan is work until I can't, or I go into labor. Told him we are still looking for daycare/babysitter, but the plan is to return to work (though part of me wants to find something closer to home, but that's something I'll really have to worry about later.)

I'm still working and will be until baby comes... I don't have any other option. I'd rather spend my time with him when he's born, than hanging out at home before and since the maximum time we're allowed to take is 12 weeks, that's limiting.

I plan to take 10 weeks most likely - if it's a normal birth, 6 of those will be fully paid (partial disability, partial aflac, partial vacation pay), and then there will be like one more full week of pay and then zip... We have our savings to fall back on, so if I do want to take 10 weeks, it is a possibility. I'm going to play it by ear and see what feels comfortable.

DH is taking 2 weeks vacation when LO is born.

I plan to work right until baby comes, but work from home starting around 38 weeks. Luckily for me that is an option and my work supports it. Then I will take 12 weeks maternity leave, although 5 or so of those weeks will be unpaid.

Everytime I hear about the maternity rules in other country I realise just how lucky we are in the UK. I'm planning to work as far as I can until I give birth, but then will take almost 1 year maternity leave...6 months full pay, 3 extra months at reduced pay and the final 3 months without pay. But in fact the school holidays have fallen so well that if I actually go back for a couple of days to work with my new class next July iwill start to get paid from there and for over the 6 week holidays.

Xxx

Everytime I hear about the maternity rules in other country I realise just how lucky we are in the UK. I'm planning to work as far as I can until I give birth, but then will take almost 1 year maternity leave...6 months full pay, 3 extra months at reduced pay and the final 3 months without pay. But in fact the school holidays have fallen so well that if I actually go back for a couple of days to work with my new class next July iwill start to get paid from there and for over the 6 week holidays.

Xxx

It would be nice to have the option to take more than 12 weeks off. But at least my work is flexible and if I want to go to reduced time after I go back, I can. We are lucky with the timing with the baby coming at the end of the university semester, so OH won't have to teach again until mid January.

I plan on working till I pop. I may work from home at the end, but I'm still iffy about that. Work is supportive but I'm kind of a control freak so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to stay away! LOL.
My maternity leave will be weird. I'll go "back" at 3 weeks pp, but only 3-4 hours per week until 8 weeks pp. I told my boss it would be silent, just to generate reports and help with year-end - I'd send everything to her and she could distribute for me. After 8 weeks I'll go back to work PT, probably going into the office 1 day a week and working from home for the rest of the time. I won't be back at work FT until 6 months pp, and I think even then I'll try to work from home a few days a week going forward.

To all the mommies who plan on staying at home - I applaud you. We had a day with my daughter yesterday where I realized I wouldn't cut it as a SAHM. I was ready to run away or cry (or both) by the time she went to bed. It was ROUGH. And then today, she's been amazing. Happy, loving, playful...and it almost makes me want to stay at home. But then I remember that not every day is like this, and I will happily go back to the refuge of my office on Monday :) I am not SAHM material, and I thoroughly commend those who are. You're amazing!

Congrats Twinklie :thumbup:

And MarieMo I couldn't agree more! I heartily applaud all of those SAHM... it is the toughest job in the world!

I am planning on working until I pop too but I already have arrangements in place for May 2015 when I intend to go back to work :wacko:

Congrats on v-day, Twinklie!!!

And I finally hit V-day myself!!!:happydance: I feel like I've been counting down forever towards this! Next step... Count down to 27 weeks and third tri. (Can you tell I'm getting impatient?:haha: The only thing helping is setting small goals to countdown towards. Lol)

This is a big baby week for me. I have my GDD test tomorrow, and an ultrasound checkup on Wednesday. I'll be going in every 4 weeks now for ultrasound monitoring. Can't wait to see my babies again! I'm a little nervous about the GDD test. I'm slightly higher risk of developing GD just because of multiples and the fact that I have PCOS. I'm hoping it's all ok though.

congrats on v-day people, its a great milestone!

I'm in 3rd tri WHAAAAAT?!?

I think because its my second and ive not bought anything it doesn't feel like its really going to happen. but it will.....

Congrats to the ladies on V-day and entering the 3rd tri!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->