November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

GTT came back good and no anemia! Woohoo, no iron pills just yet!

Am I the only one who has yet to start any shopping/doing anything baby related/getting ready for baby?

I have not started on anything and I don't even know where to start. It's so overwhelming!

I have let DD choose a cuddly rabbit like hers to give to baby and that is it!!!!! :dohh: getting a bit scary now, but we are due to move house at the end of August so I didn't want things to get lost in the move?? Xxx

I am also moving end of August so haven't bought anything big yet either (although I have picked everything lol - I imagine within the first week of moving I will have ordered most things though!!)

I feel so unorganised! I think I'm starting the nesting process and I can't :( can't wait to move and sort out her nursery!!!

I would say you are carrying high, I'm definitely carrying low (my avatar is my 27 week picture), but we are both team :blue: so shows that the old wives tales about bumps isn't accurate

Thanks I thought I was just going crazy and seeing my bump high and not low. And with my LO my belly button never popped out and with this one my bump is different I see my top under my breats puffy round and then where it gets to my belly button area its literally flat theres no round shape to the whole middle section/belly button area. From top it starts round then it gets flat my button looks no where to be or get popped out

Mine looks just like that too…flat by my bellybutton.

If i squeeze my right boob accidentally i start leaking already!! My boobs have definetly grown much more already especially sorry if TMI but the aerolas are huge :holly:

If i squeeze my right boob accidentally i start leaking already!! My boobs have definetly grown much more already especially sorry if TMI but the aerolas are huge :holly:

Same here... mine leaked in my bra last night. So strange.

Mine aren't leaking (didn't when I was pregnant with DS1), and surprisingly they aren't any bigger (that I can tell) but my aerolas are alot darker than usual.

I failed my 3 hour. :cry: Officially dx with Gestational Diabetes. Even worse, I had them recheck my blood pressure and it was SKY HIGH (140/84). That is very, very high for me. I have to go in again tomorrow to recheck as doctor/nurse was thinking it could be elevated due to receiving bad news. But still....now I am extra concerned about preeclapsia. I'm only just now over 24 weeks... Things were going so well and now I just feel like my body is failing these babies. :cry: I'm so upset.

:hugs: You aren't failing them. As others have said you are doing the best that you can do, and by then catching it now and monitoring it now, you are doing what is best for your babies.

Sorry about your GT test Missy :(

I have read lots of postive posts on here though from other concerned Mums who went on to say that their GD was controlled well through diet following a failed test...

I have my test in a couple of weeks and am just as worried... as if we didn't have enough to worry about eh!?

And as for baby shopping, I have finally made good progress after a really slow start. I do think it easier second time round mind you because I already have a few things and also have a better idea as to what you really need and what you don't really need!

Happy Friday everyone :happydance:

Third tri for me today! Here's my 27 week bump! Anyone else feel HUGE?!?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 4

Am I the only one who has yet to start any shopping/doing anything baby related/getting ready for baby?

I have not started on anything and I don't even know where to start. It's so overwhelming!

I have let DD choose a cuddly rabbit like hers to give to baby and that is it!!!!! :dohh: getting a bit scary now, but we are due to move house at the end of August so I didn't want things to get lost in the move?? Xxx

Good idea to wait until the move is complete then. I'm sure we can all shop in September and still have enough time to setup the furniture and wash the clothes.

I haven't done anything either. I have to move DD1's room across the house first, though - and that's a lot of work! It'll just have to be a project and that's that. Pretty sure it'll happen before October - that's my only deadline. At that point I can decorate. We'll probably go pretty minimal, though - as long as I get some paint on the walls, I'll be happy!

We haven't even started on the paint. Lol. DH wants the entire interior of the house painted coz it will give him a feeling that he is entering into the next phase of life. However, he wants it done professionally and we are not liking how much they are charging to paint the inside. I might have to start painting one wall at a time myself at the rate pro painters are charging.

I am also moving end of August so haven't bought anything big yet either (although I have picked everything lol - I imagine within the first week of moving I will have ordered most things though!!)

I feel so unorganised! I think I'm starting the nesting process and I can't :( can't wait to move and sort out her nursery!!!

Good luck with the move.

BP was still elevated this morning (140/82). They took a bunch of labs (bloods + urine) to rule out preeclampsia- I think mostly for my peace of mind. I should hear by the end of the day as my doctor said she would personally call me.

This just hasn't been my week. I'm sorry for being such a Debbie Downer recently amongst all the happy pregnant posts. I'm just so ready for November and I want to know babies are happy and healthy. I really am needing time to speed up.

Cute bump laura! You don't look huge but I know the feeling...I've been feeling huge the last week

I would say you are carrying high, I'm definitely carrying low (my avatar is my 27 week picture), but we are both team :blue: so shows that the old wives tales about bumps isn't accurate

Thanks I thought I was just going crazy and seeing my bump high and not low. And with my LO my belly button never popped out and with this one my bump is different I see my top under my breats puffy round and then where it gets to my belly button area its literally flat theres no round shape to the whole middle section/belly button area. From top it starts round then it gets flat my button looks no where to be or get popped out

Mine looks just like that too…flat by my bellybutton.

Mine too!! It's so weird. It's flat at my belly button. Although, my belly button is also kind of pushing out *while* my belly button is flat. How does that happen?!?!? :haha:

Totally leaking! :haha: I actually guessed I was pregnant in the beginning because I was leaking a bit, but I am really leaking now. Also, mine are peeling, (kind of scaly... TMI... I know), leaking, and itchy all day long. So itchy :haha: The joys of pregnancy :thumbup:

Third tri for me today! Here's my 27 week bump! Anyone else feel HUGE?!?!

Awww congrats!!! And that is a gorgeous bump!!!!! :happydance:

Awww missy I'm sorry, no not a good week. At least they will be able to monitor you closely. Let me know how the tests come out. If it is preclempsia it's good they are catching it this soon, and will be able to manage it. I had a friend preg with twins last year that had gd and pre e too, and had her babies healthy just a little bit earlier than 40 weeks and she took them both home within a couple days. Twin pregnancies are just hard on the body. Hoping for all the best.

I cant believe this is the 7th month of pregnancy already! I weighed myself in my scale and it seems that I haven't gained much like before but I know home scales are always off compared to dr scales.

Cute bump Laura xxx

Missy I'm hoping for some good news for you soon xxx

No leaking here for me either, but I didn't last time :shrug:

Thanks everyone. My labs came back fine... Thank goodness. My doctor still won't consider BP meds though. She does want me to come in once a week now to monitor my BP and blood sugars though and she told me her bigger concern is my blood sugar at this point. I hope I didn't come off as too crazy paranoid to her.

Also in an effort to actually contribute to the conversation and stop my whining, no leakage yet... But omg I think it's coming. My nipples have felt like knives for the last week or so!

The only leakage I had was Monday afternoon out of my right nipple. Minimal but enough to leave a wet spot on my shirt. I think OH was freaked out, lol. I told him to wait until they really start to leak hah.

Thanks everyone. My labs came back fine... Thank goodness. My doctor still won't consider BP meds though. She does want me to come in once a week now to monitor my BP and blood sugars though and she told me her bigger concern is my blood sugar at this point. I hope I didn't come off as too crazy paranoid to her.

Also in an effort to actually contribute to the conversation and stop my whining, no leakage yet... But omg I think it's coming. My nipples have felt like knives for the last week or so!

I'm sure you didn't missy!
It is a scary situation, you are bound to be a bit crazy! Glad the labs came mack fine :hugs: xxx

Sorry I've been MIA, ladies! I've been on vacation...took the kids to NY for a family reunion. The twins had so much fun, but it was pretty exhausting for me! On the way back, our flight was delayed, so we ended up stuck in the airport an extra 4 hours. By the time I got home on Thursday (at 3am- ugh!), my ankles were the size of grapefruits! It took until this afternoon for them to start deflating. I somehow gained 3 pounds in the 5 days I was gone, but I think it was all fluid.

Anyone else battling swelling? Aside from my feet and ankles, my fingers were pretty swollen as well.

I was supposed to have an ultrasound on Thursday, but I was so tired from the trip that I rescheduled it for Tuesday. I still have to schedule my 3 hour glucose test too. Yuck.

Missy- I'm sorry you didn't pass your 3 hour test! It's pretty common to have GD with twins, please don't feel like you did anything wrong. Your numbers weren't so bad, I'm sure you'll be able to keep it under control with diet. I also agree that you're going to need a double electric pump...a manual pump is just not going to cut it with two babies. What insurance company do you have? I'm surprised they won't cover it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->