November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

10548288_10152377775773382_6613137203851759346_o.jpg

25+1 ... Hard to believe I'll be in third trimester in 2 weeks !

Oooh, I wouldn't want to go that early, but 37 or 38 weeks, yes please, lol. You have an awesome family, great all that is going to be taken care of for you.

Edit: Mariemo, I thought I quoted you but guess I didn't hit that button, lol. In case anyone is wondering who I was talking to.

MarieMo, so exciting to have plans to get both rooms painted and for you and DH to have a getaway, perfect!

I went and picked up the nursery paint today, which got my pretty excited. We got light aqua for the walls, a turquoise to go over the light aqua in a painted stencil in the main wall where the crib goes, and a small bit of pink that matches the bedding and curtains to use for painting accent pieces, like quatrefoil shaped mirrors I got today to put on the crib wall.

Here is a pic of the paint samples. Sort of dark lighting but you get the idea.

image.jpg

Here are the two main paint color samples on the wall with the curtains.

image.jpg

Last bump picture in third trimester! Here's my belly!

Attachments

• 26 Week Bump Picture with Words.jpg
    26 Week Bump Picture with Words.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1
Twinklie I might be biased, because those were Chase's nursery colors, but I love love love that color combo! Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Lovely bump mandaa!

Twinklie! I love that color combo! So cute! I'm going with a grayish/blue. I think the nursery will eventually be my little boy's room and we will move our girl into our other spare room. So... Even though we are doing a gender neutral nursery for both (nature theme), the paint will be more masculine. Hoping to have it painted and get the nursery started by the end of the month!

It's funny people's different expectations. My goal is just to make it to 34 weeks minimum! Haha. Most twins are delivered between 34-36 weeks. I figure if I can make it 7 more weeks to 32 weeks, my kids, though premies, will have great success rates with low chances of life-long problems. My C-Section is scheduled for 38+1, but even my OB said that's probably unlikely... Just the latest they'll let me go. It would be amazing if I can hold out until then though! Obviously I want them to bake as LONG as possible. We'll see I guess.

My cousin is 31 weeks along and was just telling me the other day that her baby has dropped and she doesn't expect to make it till Oct 1st. Wow, I'm about 5 weeks behind her, what if I have mine about the end of Oct or beginning of November? It just doesn't seem real. We're all pretty close! Almost at the home stretch for me. Wow, I'm excited and nervous, just wow. :happydance:

We are so close in so many ways! I also have a cousin due about 5 weeks before me, who may have her little boy a few weeks early due to GD.

I start my classes already tonight! We are taking a six week course through my hospital. First three weeks focus on labor and delivery, second two on infant care, last class focuses on breast feeding. I still need to sign up for a tour of the birthing unit, and I'd like to squeeze in an infant CPR class.

Oh man Missy, I havn't done any of those things. My doc keeps asking me if I've registered at the hospital yet. I have half filled out the paperwork, although now I don't know what I've done with it. I am trained in cpr and infant cpr though, got my certification back when I worked at the daycare.

Dissy isn't that fun? I love talking to my cousin everyday and being able to relate to what she is going through and having someone to complain to about all the preggy gripes so I don't complain to my husband. I love having a bump buddy. :) And I really don't get some women that hate pregnant women or are jealous because they can't get pregnant or whatever. I read a thread on here about a woman who hated her sister in law because she got pregnant while the person who wrote the thread had been trying for yours. The thread was titled "I hate her", and after the first page I couldn't read any more. I don't understand that. Last year while I was going through a phantom pregnancy my sister in law got pregnant and I was so happy for her. I'd never have hated her for it, that is ridiculous. I don't get that mentality.

I'm trained in adult CPR bc of work- but no idea how that translates to infants!

My cousin is also pregnant with me! Her due date is 2 weeks before mine, though I'll prob have my babies before her. She's really more like a sister to me and I LOVE having her as my bump buddy. :) I also love that our kids will be so close in age.

I have to say, and please don't judge me, but I completely understand being sad and bitter about other pregnant people. DH and I tried for two years to get pregnant. I wouldn't be here today without the help of fertility meds to make me ovulate (I have PCOS) and probably the iui that eventually worked. We are just so, so thankful it ended there, and in the scheme of things, two years isn't that long and we didn't need IVF or adoption - the types of treatment that would have wiped our savings and forced us to take loans just to be parents. I'm thankful every day for these miracles growing inside me. While I was going through my brief stint with infertility, I also suffered an ectopic pregnancy. It was honestly a dark time for me. As I was going through the ectopic and bleeding, I also had to go to my Godson's baptism as his sponsor. I sobbed the whole way there, and whole way home. I put on a brave face at church, but gosh that was a hard day. That whole two years (especially year two) is nothing I'd ever wish on anyone. It's never that I hated pregnant women- I was always happy for others, but I was just so, so sad for myself- not knowing the end game or how/when/if I would ever get to be a mom. And yes, this made me bitter. It stung to hear other people's happy news and to see other pregnant women. Especially when I knew how quickly and easily it was happening for others. Again, no hate for them- just depressed for me. It's a fine line and I totally get the mind set.

Missy, I completely understand what you're saying. I was very lucky that I knew I had PCOS before we even started TTC - all the women in my family have it and I was pretty convinced I did too, so I knew to ask about it well before we started trying. That way, when I told my OB, "yep, I'm ready!" she started me on Clomid immediately. It took 2 cycles with Chase (1st cycle the dosage was too low so I didn't ovulate, 2nd cycle I ovulated and got pregnant!); it took 6 cycles with Reese and we were honestly about to take a break, so it was my last cycle to be trying. All in all, 6 months wasn't terrible. BUT - in those 6 months, I saw so many of my friends fall pregnant, and I was sad. It just kept happening, over and over and over again, but not to me. Like you said, I wasn't mad at them - I was sad for me.

I have a close friend who would have been due just 2 days after me, but miscarried at 13 weeks, after a perfectly healthy 12 week scan. Every time I post a picture on Facebook, I cringe a little. I know she wouldn't want me to stop my happiness for her, but I know she's hurting at the same time. I've never had a miscarriage, so I can't even imagine how she's feeling - but I know she has to be hurting.

About a month after my first BFN, my brother announced that he and his girlfriend were pregnant. No one in the family even knew they were trying. I was happy for them but sad that I wasn't pregnant yet and that I wouldn't be pregnant at the same time as them. It would have been good bonding at the time.

Though when we got our BFP and found out we were having a boy a few weeks after their girl was born (they kept it a secret), we did get distinction of having the first grandson after 5 granddaughters. My dad is definitely excited!

I need to sign up for classes and register at the hospital! I looked into it but never did it. Whoops

I think I had my first Braxton Hicks episode today. Belly was tight and I was just super uncomfortable. I did also feel pretty gassy so it could have just been that but who knows. Trying to relax and drink water.

My hospital recommends registering after 28 weeks so that's what I'm waiting for :)
I highly recommend taking whatever classes you can! They really are helpful.

I don't think DH and I are going to take classes, though a hospital in town is having a "baby fair" this weekend that we might go check out, and they are offering classes. I know they are helpful, but I really don't feel like being told that there is only one way to do something, or that "this way" works for all women. I'm already being bottle-baby shamed by a lot of people (not intentionally, I'm just really tired of all of the breastfeeding advice and freebies everyone seems to throw at me), so sitting through a class FULL of that just doesn't sound appealing!

lovely bumps ladies

I want to have OH take classes with me, because this is his first. My only problem is the only times they have classes is when I'm at work, and I won't be home until after the class is over. The only ones they offered on the weekend was the sibling classes, on sunday evenings, and even those wouldn't work out for me, because my son goes back to his dad's on sunday afternoons.

I can relate to having not so gracious thoughts in the past when hearing other people are pregnant. I had two early losses during the 8 months of TTC before we got pregnant with this baby, and even though I was happy for those that got to announce, I was jealous or sad as well. It does make me think twice when posting something pregnancy or baby related on FB, as I know many that have struggled with long term TTC or infertility. :(

So I am the last one to finally reach V-day! I feel like I am so far behind everyone since I am due on the last day of the month. I'm excited to finally reach this milestone, but am nervous for the GD test, (which I have to wait four more weeks for). I can't wait to finally reach the third trimester, but at the same time I am a little freaked out that it's almost time for me to go through the birth process. My pregnancy seems to be going by so fast, but I am glad to watch the weeks tick by and feel her movements get stronger, and stronger. I can't believe I am actually going to be a mom, it's still a little unreal to me sometimes. It took us two years to finally conceive, and now it's finally our turn to have a child. I keep thinking how strange/amazing it's going to be when we are all alone at home with Coraline for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->